World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I toy with the idea of doing The Insane every now and then. It's Ravenholdt that's stopping me. I just can't be bothered.
It's not that bad. If I remember correctly collecting lockboxes by pickpocketing ogres in lbrs or ubrs was the worst one. It was very boring.

This expansion I'm going for all those crazy achievements like max reputations, completed quests ect.

What's considered hardcore in WoW these days? Cutting edge mythic raiding or getting 100% or close to it in "All The Things"?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'm like 90% the way through Revered with the Anglers for the water strider, I've just found at no point that I've actually needed it. Again, travel form is sufficient,
Yep. If you're only playing a druid, you instashift when moving between mediums.

Otherwise, there's two water strider mounts (a red one and a blue one), and I don't really remember which is easier to get (because I got both years ago, ofc).

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What's considered hardcore in WoW these days? Cutting edge mythic raiding or getting 100% or close to it in "All The Things"?
ATT requires you to be top PVP rank, top raiding rank, and 18/24 OCD farmer in between on all classes (since you need to complete every xmog on every classes, meaning you need elite gladiator rank on all of them).

I have no idea how high the % is for the top collectors. Anything above 90% is probably considered insanity and should get you a visit from the two guys in white smocks...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rime

<Donor>
ATT requires you to be top PVP rank, top raiding rank, and 18/24 OCD farmer in between on all classes (since you need to complete every xmog on every classes, meaning you need elite gladiator rank on all of them).

I have no idea how high the % is for the top collectors. Anything above 90% is probably considered insanity and should get you a visit from the two guys in white smocks...

Qualifies you for disability, as gaming is now an addiction. /s (Yes, I know there are people who have an actual addiction - Just taking the piss out of all the news coverage the addition to the medical journals got)

xzi

Mouthbreather
Since we're speaking of grinding I just finished Warlord of Draenor that requires you to win a 15 man ffa arena, and then kill 500 of each race only on Draenor/Ashran and I went really fucking hard for about a month and a half every single day for at least 3 hours a day and it's finally over now I feel like I can play other games lmao. I mostly did it because Assran is being removed in prepatch but then I went for the title.

Finally finishing a grind feels good man. Now if only I spent all that time doing something productive instead. ....nah

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Since we're speaking of grinding I just finished Warlord of Draenor that requires you to win a 15 man ffa arena, and then kill 500 of each race only on Draenor/Ashran and I went really fucking hard for about a month and a half every single day for at least 3 hours a day and it's finally over now I feel like I can play other games lmao. I mostly did it because Assran is being removed in prepatch but then I went for the title.

Finally finishing a grind feels good man. Now if only I spent all that time doing something productive instead. ....nah

How did you get the Highmaul Arena? Premade group thing? I tried one of them, but people flaked off before my 'turn' to win came up.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There's a few ashran communities that run them every great once in a while too. Basically run 2 trial characters and get your gladiators sanctum to level 3 in your garrison and hope that everyone else doesn't bail.

Achievement discord is a really good place to look, because if people just leave immediately after getting theirs then they can get permanently banned from the discord.

It's a meta achievement so it counts acc wide but it's fucking annoying I will never actually have it on my main because I didn't do it at 100..

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Apparently the artifact retirement quest is live now, and if you do it you get your artifact weapon to level 126 (concordance level 75). Pretty wild.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep. If you're only playing a druid, you instashift when moving between mediums.

Otherwise, there's two water strider mounts (a red one and a blue one), and I don't really remember which is easier to get (because I got both years ago, ofc).

Both are pretty long rep grinds just depends if you want to do pandaria one or WOD one. With pandaria time walking though I think you can buy anglers rep things there so that may be quicker for now.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
The Pandaria one is time gated by dailies but it's much less effort. Just spend 5 minutes a day knocking out the Anglers dailies and you'll have it in a couple weeks.

The WoD one requires you to catch hundreds and hundreds of rare fish but isn't time gated in any way. So you can grind it out in a day or two if you don't mind fishing.

I'd strongly recommend going for the Pandaria one if you don't like fishing that much.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
MoP timewalking is the next Timewalking and you can buy the Anglers tokens with TW badges. Do one TW dungeon on a few different characters to get the 500 badge reward then turn them all in for The Anglers rep tokens

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Given how swampy some of the horde areas are I do recommend finishing off at least one of the swamp striders. They make those areas a lot less annoying for the non DK.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Asmongold's like 97 or 98% on All The Things, but he has an entire Twitch viewerbase helping him, and grinding random appearance items in WoW is basically his job.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Asmongold's like 97 or 98% on All The Things, but he has an entire Twitch viewerbase helping him, and grinding random appearance items in WoW is basically his job.

The biggest thing that surprises me about Asmongold is that he is not monster fat. Dude has all of the top neckbeard qualities. Lives in parents attic, eats nothing but ho-hos, twinkies, and fast food, room looks like an episode of A&E Horders, plays wow 6-8 hours a day at least.

You have to give it to the guy though he is entertaining, and he makes fat stacks of cash doing that shit. I don't know what he pulls in money wise but I would imagine he is making at least 200k a year with the number of followers he seems to have. If not more.