World of Warcraft: Current Year

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Well slice and dice is a finishing move as well so that doesn't really fix the issue.

FWIW I never activated blade flurry once, even when Vigor was up. My outlaw was 925ish though. As for the healing imps you can gouge one and stun the other, with marked for death they should die pretty fast.
I think I was around the same Ilvl. I just left blade furry on and felt like snd was a lot easier to maintain then fishing for roll the bone procs but you’re right if he’s forgetting to use it then it doesn’t matter what talent he takes. Honestly slyvan elixir and Lightblood plus falcosaur food make that challenge a joke

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
alright I'm going to give that a try tonight. If I can't beat it, so be it, but the skin looks really nice.

I only did one other mage tower and that's affliction scythe on my main. Went into pre-expansion-lull-mode too early this year.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I only did a few appearances. I'm not one to xmog my stuff much anyways. I do regret not doing werebear but it's whatever. I'll never play a filthy bear anyways.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I gotta be honest after I got over the initial "do I really care about this stupid shit" hump I found the challenges to be really rewarding. It was a great way to actually learn a new class/spec and see what you could get out of it.... for the most part. Some were total cheesefests (Spriest, Assass Rogue, Aff Lock).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I gotta be honest after I got over the initial "do I really care about this stupid shit" hump I found the challenges to be really rewarding. It was a great way to actually learn a new class/spec and see what you could get out of it.... for the most part. Some were total cheesefests (Spriest, Assass Rogue, Aff Lock).
I did aff lock when it came out and it was retarded easy with the ring.. and that was back in early TOS gear. At 975 equipped I did the WW Monk one in two attempts (didn't know to interrupt stuff). Brewmaster was really hard when it came out, as all the tank challenges were, so I felt rewarded getting that down.

I do wish I did a little more with them, but at this point in the expac I'm pretty burnt out and ready to move on. The one I'll regret is the bear.

Khane

That's because you've been mythic raiding in progression mode for most of the past 5 months. Sucks the fun out of the game completely when it takes that long to get through a tier.

Khane

Goddamn it was that long ago? The raid tier lengths in Legion have fucking sucked since NH. They've all taken way too goddamn long to complete for the average mythic raiding guild. We barely got CE for Gul'dan in my guild (killed him the night before ToS released) and then having to go right into progression mode again for that shit show ToS was too much for me to bear.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Goddamn it was that long ago? The raid tier lengths in Legion have fucking sucked since NH. They've all taken way too goddamn long to complete for the average mythic raiding guild. We barely got CE for Gul'dan in my guild (killed him the night before ToS released) and then having to go right into progression mode again for that shit show ToS was too much for me to bear.
Yeah I remember Method killed Argus 2nd or 3rd week of December. FOH probably could've gotten Argus too but I had an existential crisis. The guild I'm in now killed him about a month ago, but it was 4-5 weeks of attempts with 450ish wipes. Pretty grueling for a dad.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

They were a good thing to kill some time over the last few weeks with. A bit of something different and a challenge with some decent reward looks. I managed to get both of the alternate druid forms which given how rare that kind of change has been is nice and the demo warlock one which again something we probably won't to much of again. Otherwise I was just doing random ones that were on well geared characters and managed to complete a fair amount of them more than I expected. It helped pass the time nicely but I am ready for new stuff.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If it says there's something else downloading, click through HOTS, DIablo, etc, and see if there's another update downloading. You can force pause it and WOW should resume.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I do admit after doing those dumb challenges I at least feel like I could comfortably heal a heroic or something now, what previously I wouldn’t have a fuck all clue of how to play a healer. Mission accomplished (still don’t know how the fuck to properly tank).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

For me, that was the carrot - was fun playing specs/classes I never play, learning rotations and then winning the fights eventually. Survival was a joke, and was probably the easiest by far, but having never playing Survival, learning a rotation and one shotting Xylem was rewarding in a weird way.

As to the skins themselves, most are not even as good as the hidden or pvp skins, but outlaw, ret, prot warrior and few others are excellent and will definitely be used by me later. Others, are not even cool looking.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
For me, that was the carrot - was fun playing specs/classes I never play, learning rotations and then winning the fights eventually. Survival was a joke, and was probably the easiest by far, but having never playing Survival, learning a rotation and one shotting Xylem was rewarding in a weird way.

As to the skins themselves, most are not even as good as the hidden or pvp skins, but outlaw, ret, prot warrior and few others are excellent and will definitely be used by me later. Others, are not even cool looking.

I really had not done a lot on my rogue but once I realized it was the agatha fight I figured I could probably get it done. I will say that it was a lot harder on rogue than feral just due to lack of really good AOE power but by abusing the fuck out of that talent that gives 5 combo points and resets on death many imps were stabbed. Those are some really nice looking cutlass and one of the skins that looks really nice. Like my arms warrior was probably geared enough to do their challenge but the fight was annoying me and frankly the two transmogs I got from the pantheon both look better than the challenge weapon so I said fuck it. Fancy 2 handed swords are common enough.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Initially I had only wanted the ele, uh, Frost mage, prot pally, guardian and balance skins really. Then I did some more since they were easy then I just figured if I did that many, might as well do the rest. The rogue daggers are too small to really notice, spriest is kinda the same, arcane and blood are pretty ugly, the outlaw rapiers have grown on me though.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
(still don’t know how the fuck to properly tank)

You just sit your ass in front of a mob and position your camera so that you can call out baddies doing bad things. If someone takes aggro off of you cause you aren't paying attention while calling people baddies, call them a baddie too.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users