World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burns

Still haven't seen any word about Legion Order Hall Gold Missions going away.

They don't exist in beta. Any toon that got xfered over with gold missions in progress had errors when trying to collect them. The new mission table has gold missions, but they will be back down to the value you were getting at the start of legion, or less, in terms of gold per.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The gold missions are going to go poof the question of do they do it tomorrow or do they axe them once the patch actually goes live. They basically don't want people double dipping in two garrison type things at once for gold.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The gold missions are going to go poof the question of do they do it tomorrow or do they axe them once the patch actually goes live. They basically don't want people double dipping in two garrison type things at once for gold.

I heard they weren't going away just greatly reduced in the amount.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Blizzard hasn't said anything about it either way. With WoD they had a very clear statement about it months before the Legion pre-patch even went live.

The WoD garrison was self sustaining, you never had to farm resources. In Legion you have to actively farm OH resources. It's not a stretch to think it's possible they won't be going away.

Burns

I just logged onto beta, did a copy over, and the 200% gold mission that was in progress just gave a failed. There are no new gold missions on the board. All artifact power missions are now for wakening essence. The Command center AP token is now worth 250 Essences, the next highest essence mission is 22 with 25 bonus.

As a side note, both my 120s do not currently have a gold mission available, but I think I have run less than 10 mission total in beta.

I am fairly certain that we will see the elimination of gold missions tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A couple of classes(Any that can insta complete a quest) can do them without farming for the resources.

Khane

You cannot sustain missions by auto completing WQs once every 18 hours.

Burns

You cannot sustain missions by auto completing WQs once every 18 hours.

I was able to stay over 1000 bloods for 20 toons by just using auto complete on 10 toons for the last 10 month. I only did gold missions for most of them, and gold + AP for the 6 that I was going to mage tower on.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can easily self sustain off auto complete if you are just running gold missions. A 5 blood WQ, which is pretty easy to find daily at worst, is 1000 OR.

Khane

You guys are being completely insincere about how often those good blood WQs are up AND how much OH resources the gold missions consume.

I have 43 fully functional order halls.

I don't doubt that you have plenty of bloods and I agree it's not that hard to sustain but you are likely getting plenty of bloods from things like Disenchanting and Bloodhunter + that random WQ out in the world here and there.

Burns

Yea what do I know. I only have 5xDK, 5xWarr, 5xDH and 4xWarlock.

I know you have a alt army, but I also know that none of my alts set foot out of the order hall to farm OH resources or bloods in the last half of the xpac. I didn't go out of my way to farm bloods or resources on my rogue, once Broken Shore hit, either. The 8-10 blood WQs from trade skills and Broken Shore would pop often enough to keep everyone supplied. I kept an eye on my blood count every week, and it stayed level on a month to month basis, just using the auto completes.

BTW, if yall didn't see, auto complete tokens are being removed too.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I have one character and didn't use blood's for anything other than resources the entire expansion, and haven't played actively since "the collapse" and I've been running off that since then. I've logged in about 3 or 4 times to hit the OH WQ's, or clear out the three boxes, or about 30m of time... It takes very, very minimal time to keep things running. And with how money quests cycle in and out every three days, it's not a huge drain. Especially now that you don't even do the AP quests anymore, either. You only do gold ones at this point. Doing anything else is a waste of resources.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I just logged onto beta, did a copy over, and the 200% gold mission that was in progress just gave a failed. There are no new gold missions on the board. All artifact power missions are now for wakening essence. The Command center AP token is now worth 250 Essences, the next highest essence mission is 22 with 25 bonus.

As a side note, both my 120s do not currently have a gold mission available, but I think I have run less than 10 mission total in beta.

I am fairly certain that we will see the elimination of gold missions tomorrow.
If it's like WOD to Legion, gold missions won't go away until you can actually level and gain access to the BFA mission board.

Khane

You weren't sustaining any OH indefinitely off of WQ auto completes. Not 5 months ago, not now. You were funneling bloods to BoA OH resource boxes from characters you were actually playing as well as hitting up actual WQs when the rewards were good enough. This was easy and took very little effort. I made enough bloods just from DEing to sustain all my characters. When a 10 blood quest was up if I had already used my auto completes I would just go do it real fast. It was easy. But I could not sustain my OHs through one WQ every 18 hours alone. Those 5+ blood quests are very rarely up and gold missions cost 300-500 OH per.

Khane

And I really want the legion gold missions to be gone. I'm tired of logging into my OH every day on those characters but it's such easy gold I can't bring myself to ignore it.

Burns

We quit raiding in March, and I only logged for the ~20 min a day to do the order halls, I did not do anymore shitty WQs. My toons did not leave the OH until doing the mage towers, in may/june. I had slightly more bloods at the end of May, than I had at the end of March. It was all from Auto complete, because I would have stopped the order hall on some toons before actually doing any more WQs.

I'm sorry your gold farm wasn't as effecent as mine, but at least you made 10 times the gold. :p