World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Ok, so I finally had a chance to log in and do the prequest stuff, got my freebie undercity bat and opened up some WQ's. Did those, so what is the respawn timer on these things?? Also the t-mogs you get from this are they only obtainable from this event? I want to know if I need to knock out doing the sets on a couple of characters or if I can ignore most of it? As nice as it is getting some upgrades for alts I really couldn't give less of a shit since they will be replaced fast enough. However since WoW is all about pretty princess barbie doll dress up it's important to know if the green version of shirt_01 is going away otherwise how can I match?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Ok, so I finally had a chance to log in and do the prequest stuff, got my freebie undercity bat and opened up some WQ's. Did those, so what is the respawn timer on these things?? Also the t-mogs you get from this are they only obtainable from this event? I want to know if I need to knock out doing the sets on a couple of characters or if I can ignore most of it? As nice as it is getting some upgrades for alts I really couldn't give less of a shit since they will be replaced fast enough. However since WoW is all about pretty princess barbie doll dress up it's important to know if the green version of shirt_01 is going away otherwise how can I match?

Vast majority of the skins are from the basic sets that you get when first rolling a character/from the WoD salvage yard for your class. DH ones I think are the DH intro armor tmogs. The quests reset once a day IIRC.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can I somehow bind Druid travel form to double space bar? Like if I hit the space bar twice in rapid succession, it will try to travel form. If so, how do I do it?
I use this, and it makes for very quick easy travel form switching.

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:4] Travel Form
/cast Moonkin Form

Change Moonkin Form to whatever spec you are.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Seems like 10am (cst anyway) every morning.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Vast majority of the skins are from the basic sets that you get when first rolling a character/from the WoD salvage yard for your class. DH ones I think are the DH intro armor tmogs. The quests reset once a day IIRC.

Are they not even a different color? Damn talk about phoning it in. You would think they would give it a little something.

Crone

That's part of the problem, sometimes you have to use it. I just try to minimize it where I can. I look up guides/etc on other sites, or whatever the class discords link. For items I just google them and usually it's wowhead.

Most importantly, don't leave the site open
uBlock Origin blocks everything, and then it's not so bad running it. TJT TJT

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
To transfer gold you can buy/sell Battle Pets. Buy on realm you want to transfer from. Learn them. Cage them with a character on the realm you want the gold on and sell em on the AH. Depending on the differences in prices between the two realms this might be a money maker, or it might be a money loser. It also takes time to sell pets so you have to pick ones that sell fast.

You can also buy WoW Tokens off the AH on one realm, add it to your b.net balance, then use the b.net balance to buy WoW tokens to sell on the AH you want the gold on. You lose a decent amount of gold this way but it's doable and much faster than the pet method.

I've been doing this with Emerald Whelplings because they are the same price on my low pop server as the high pop server I am moving to. Just find an ideal pet and buy/resell them. Most other pets are 3x more expensive on my server, but Emerald Whelplings were the key for me, at 24k on each server. Sometimes I even make a profit. Slowly will move all my gold this way.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Just remembered someone got me the book Before the Storm as a gift so two questions.

First is if anyone is into the lore of WoW would I need to read any prequels to understand the book (I'm fine with a loose understanding). I have read the 3 chronicle books and know what just happened in Legion via cinematics. I think the most fun I'll get out of WoW is from the the lore since it's pretty much just story based quest lines now.

Second I have a warrior at 110 that I played a little bit of Legion with and then stopped. How long is this prequest and shit I'd need to do to get ready for BfA? Or if it's not long should I use a free 100 and pick some OP class? Thanks fellers

Oh just saw you get a free 110 boost with BFA as well

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Warriors seem really good, this BfA pre-quest chain is super short, so no need to make an "op" class to do them, or the WQ's which open afterward.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just remembered someone got me the book Before the Storm as a gift so two questions.

First is if anyone is into the lore of WoW would I need to read any prequels to understand the book (I'm fine with a loose understanding). I have read the 3 chronicle books and know what just happened in Legion via cinematics. I think the most fun I'll get out of WoW is from the the lore since it's pretty much just story based quest lines now.

Second I have a warrior at 110 that I played a little bit of Legion with and then stopped. How long is this prequest and shit I'd need to do to get ready for BfA? Or if it's not long should I use a free 100 and pick some OP class? Thanks fellers

Oh just saw you get a free 110 boost with BFA as well

I just make my own lore. Want to hear my char bio it's good I promise.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man I forgot how bad the dungeon queue while leveling could be. Aside from looking at my damage meters and weeping as I see DPS who are basically AFK auto attacking stuff in most dungeons the level of stupidity is dizzying.

Was in undead strath and had a tank who had no idea where he was going and didn't speak english. I tried leading him around but he would just stand there so I started pulling. He couldn't hold aggro at all and the fury warrior in the group keeps dying. We get all the way to Magistrate after like 40 excruciating minutes, he gets knocked back into a pack that wasn't pulled and the other fuckers in the group kick me because "I was pulling too much". Sigh. Then I get into a Zul'Farrak and the instance bugs and the gate won't open to get to the last boss... great there goes all the bonus exp + 2 quests. Then I get into a BRD that has Incendius and Fineous as the two objectives. Sweet, that's the best random queue you can get. You hop into the mole machine, go past grim guzzler, drop down and kill the two bosses. 10 minutes tops. Nope, healer and tank decide they want to run through the whole dungeon and refuse to drop down. Mother fuckers if you want a specific dungeon boss use the queue for that boss, or form a group and run to the instance the old fashioned way. Thanks for making me sit in queue with my warlock for 25 minutes just to get into a group with a twat tank who won't go to the dungeon queue objectives.

Goddamn I'm salty right now.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Man I forgot how bad the dungeon queue while leveling could be. Aside from looking at my damage meters and weeping as I see DPS who are basically AFK auto attacking stuff in most dungeons the level of stupidity is dizzying.

Was in undead strath and had a tank who had no idea where he was going and didn't speak english. I tried leading him around but he would just stand there so I started pulling. He couldn't hold aggro at all and the fury warrior in the group keeps dying. We get all the way to Magistrate after like 40 excruciating minutes, he gets knocked back into a pack that wasn't pulled and the other fuckers in the group kick me because "I was pulling too much". Sigh. Then I get into a Zul'Farrak and the instance bugs and the gate won't open to get to the last boss... great there goes all the bonus exp + 2 quests. Then I get into a BRD that has Incendius and Fineous as the two objectives. Sweet, that's the best random queue you can get. You hop into the mole machine, go past grim guzzler, drop down and kill the two bosses. 10 minutes tops. Nope, healer and tank decide they want to run through the whole dungeon and refuse to drop down. Mother fuckers if you want a specific dungeon boss use the queue for that boss, or form a group and run to the instance the old fashioned way. Thanks for making me sit in queue with my warlock for 25 minutes just to get into a group with a twat tank who won't go to the dungeon queue objectives.

Goddamn I'm salty right now.
Moral of the story here is be the tank, or don't queue. Which sucks, but basically how you gotta do it.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
sup

1533268886180.png

• 2Like
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
New cinematic. I'll say it again. Varok Saurfang for Warchief. Make the Horde great again. Lok'tar Ogar!!

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Strange time to release this on a Thursday evening. Wonder if it was in a response to all the negative response to the prepatch story this week.