World of Warcraft: Current Year

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Everyone wants to get rid of this whole faction divide so the easiest solution that makes sense is only having one faction. Blizzard make it so. Let the genocide begin

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I only want a single faction if this guy is leading it.

1533305218867.png

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Gallywix should take over the Horde and start setting up Rules of Acquisition.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also, been playing around with WW monk, and it's feels really decent at the minute. Kinda surprised, as i didn't much enjoy it throughout Legion when I'd get on to f around

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I actually think Sylvanas descending into pure evil with zero corruption involved could be a compelling story if it was delicately driven by the interactions with humans. Hate to see her die because her back story makes for a good character.

Burns

Everyone wants to get rid of this whole faction divide so the easiest solution that makes sense is only having one faction. Blizzard make it so. Let the genocide begin

As long as every single Panda is murdered, I, as an Alliance member, would gladly support this. Horde can hijackd the Vindicaar, load it up with Azurite, and crash it into Pandaria. I think it would be for the best.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I actually think Sylvanas descending into pure evil with zero corruption involved could be a compelling story if it was delicately driven by the interactions with humans. Hate to see her die because her back story makes for a good character.
If only she wasn't all over the place, one minute she is tactical and pragmatic the other she is an emotional spur of the moment mess.

The bit with the tree, if it had been made in a way that the alliance were stopping the horde (maybe even with some weaponized azerite?) and there was no choice but to retreat and Sylvanas went all "fuck it, if we can't take it we won't let them keep it", Saurfang still opposes because its not honorable (there are civilians and its a world tree), so they get to tell the same story and Sylvanas doesn't look like she is about to get her mug to sip on some night elf tears while twirling her mustache.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad she burned that stupid tree. I am not glad she didn't murder malfurion when she had the opportunity.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It really is a shame Saurfang wasn't promoted the Warchief when Thrall stepped down or even before Vol'jin. Really it makes the most sense for an Orc to be Warchief. Even so with that being said it always seemed like an odd choice for Sylvanas to lead to Horde. Honestly I thought it was a cool choice story wise but goddamn does it feel like Blizzard is setting up some mega trash level faggot story and going to piss on her like they did with Garrosh. I am fucking sick and tired of the failure cunt writers they have fucking up the horde leadership every goddamn expansion. That video just helps concrete Saurfang as a complete badass but they are already driving a wedge between him and Sylvanas and that's fucking bullshit.

I'd even settle for deathknight Nazgrim as warchief. Nazgrim is also a total BAMF and had a good story arc. Sergeant in Wotlk to general in panderia.

Loyal to the warchief to his dying breath. Even if he didn't agree with garrosh.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
She is very hard to kill (permanently), if you've followed her lore. I don't think we'll see that happen anytime soon.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Malfurion didn't die because ALLIANCE. Alliance champions don't get to go out like punks.

Varian dies like a badass.
Illidan was an "anti-hero" to "savior".

Kael'thas turns bad guy.
Cairne dies by poison.
Thrall quits like a vagina.
Garrosh gets turned into a villain and later gets punked by cheater Thrall.
Vol'jin dies like a bitch.

Sylvanas will die like a villain in some stupid fashion.

Typical bias.

• 1Salty

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Some interesting Dialog between Zarrok Saurfang and Garrosh Hellscream during Wrath of the Lich King. Hints towards Mists, Garrosh in Mists/WOD of course, and the mention of shipping lanes and Undercity being held by the Forsaken.

Varok Saurfang turns around to speak with Garrosh.
High Overlord Saurfang says: We are surrounded... Our enemies press in from all sides, young Hellscream.
Saurfang walks to the central and Borean Tundra portions of the hide map of Northrend on the floor, kneeling to point them out, then walks off the map to stand before Garrosh.
High Overlord Saurfang says: The Scourge descends like locust from the north.
High Overlord Saurfang says: The Alliance holds the only secure shipping lane in this region, and even that is at risk of being lost to those dreaded mists.
High Overlord Saurfang says: Our only viable port for resupply is held by the Forsaken on the other side of this blasted continent!
High Overlord Saurfang says: Anything our zeppelins cannot haul must be brought in by ship and travel the length of Northrend to reach us.
Saurfang walks back to his usual spot.
Garrosh Hellscream grunts.
Garrosh walks up to the map and kneels.
Garrosh Hellscream says: Shipping lanes... supplies... You bore me to death! We need nothing more than the warrior spirit of the Horde, Saurfang! Now that we are firmly entrenched in this frozen wasteland, nothing shall stop us!
High Overlord Saurfang says: Siege engines, ammunition, heavy armor... How do you propose to shatter the walls of Icecrownwithout those?
Garrosh stands.
Garrosh Hellscream says: Propose? I will show you what I propose!
Garrosh crushes the figures and flag indicating Valiance Keep on the map.
Garrosh Hellscream says: There... Now we now have a shipping lane.
Garrosh Hellscream says: And just for good measure...
Garrosh crushes the figures and flags indicating Valgarde and Westguard Keep. Garrosh walks back to his usual spot.
High Overlord Saurfang says: So the prodigal son has spoken!
High Overlord Saurfang says: Your father's blood runs strong in you, Hellscream. Impatient as always... Impatient and reckless.
High Overlord Saurfang says: You rush headlong into all-out war without a thought of the consequences.
Garrosh Hellscream says: Do not speak to me of consequences, old one.
High Overlord Saurfang says: I drank of the same blood your father did, Garrosh. Mannoroth's cursed venom pumped through my veins as well.
High Overlord Saurfang says: I drove my weapons into the bodies and minds of my enemies.
High Overlord Saurfang says: And while Grom died a glorious death - freeing us all from the blood curse - he could not wipe away the terrible memory of our past.
High Overlord Saurfang says: His act could not erase the horrors we committed.
High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
High Overlord Saurfang says: The winter after the curse was lifted, hundreds of veteran orcs like me were lost to despair.
High Overlord Saurfang says: Our minds were finally free, yes... Free to relive all of the unthinkable acts that we had performed under the Legion's influence.
High Overlord Saurfang nods.
High Overlord Saurfang says: I think it was the sounds of the draenei children that unnerved most of them... You never forget...
High Overlord Saurfang says: Have you ever been to Jaggedswine Farm? When the swine are of age for the slaughter... It's that sound. The sound of the swine being killed... It resonates the loudest. Those are hard times for us older veterans.
Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!
High Overlord Saurfang shakes his head.
High Overlord Saurfang says: I am not speaking solely of the children of our enemies...
High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
High Overlord Saurfang says: I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes...
Saurfang turns away and looks at the map instead.
Garrosh Hellscream says: How have you managed to survive for so long, Saurfang? Not fallen victim to your own memories?
Saurfang turns around for a moment to answer.
High Overlord Saurfang says: I don't eat pork...
High Overlord Saurfang spits.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is referring to Vengeance Landing, not undercity. Also, the reference to the mists is about the mist callers along the shores of northrend that you are sent to kill multiple times.

Regardless, Saurfang has been a consistently cool character. Hopefully they don’t ruin him as well this expansion.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Just remembered someone got me the book Before the Storm as a gift so two questions.

First is if anyone is into the lore of WoW would I need to read any prequels to understand the book (I'm fine with a loose understanding). I have read the 3 chronicle books and know what just happened in Legion via cinematics. I think the most fun I'll get out of WoW is from the the lore since it's pretty much just story based quest lines now.

Second I have a warrior at 110 that I played a little bit of Legion with and then stopped. How long is this prequest and shit I'd need to do to get ready for BfA? Or if it's not long should I use a free 100 and pick some OP class? Thanks fellers

Oh just saw you get a free 110 boost with BFA as well

1) If you've read Chronicles and watched Legion cinematics, you should be more than prepared to understand the book completely.

2) I'd say the total time required for a 110 to do the full pre-BFA event is about an hour including travel time, could be less depending on your gear or dps but it's mostly kill X and run to Y.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I feel like Sylvanas being "emotional because a night elf was mean to her" is completely wrong and you can put part of the blame on blizzard, part on the fanbase.

If you read her dialogues when the War of Thorns started 2 weeks ago (lol reading quests?) she expresses her intent to kill Malfurion to make the night elves lose hope. I mean almost word for word she says she has to destroy their hope. When that night elf says "You cannot kill hope" and she realizes all of them elves would rally together, it's not a "REEEEEEE IM MAD NOW" it's more of a realization that no matter how stomped the night elves get, they will still band together.

Now they're not banding together. Now they're fuckin dead like a bunch of idiots instead and their hope is lost.

But.. Saurfang has a point, now the rest of the Alliance are going to get involved.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Now they're not banding together. Now they're fuckin dead like a bunch of idiots instead and their hope is lost.

Yeah, but no. Undercity is about to be ass-rammed by the full might of the Alliance, which would not have happened if Bitchvanas just took the tree hostage. Even Anduin got triggered.
She can now be sure that every single Night Elf will fight to the bitter end because of that. We're far from lost hope.

• 1Solidarity