World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Strange time to release this on a Thursday evening. Wonder if it was in a response to all the negative response to the prepatch story this week.
It's possible they intended for it to release at this time (with Siege of Undercity happening on Tuesday), but you're probably right. The response has been pretty loud and negative.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They released it at this time cause they showed it at the china e3 that's going on right now (chinajoy)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It really is a shame Saurfang wasn't promoted the Warchief when Thrall stepped down or even before Vol'jin. Really it makes the most sense for an Orc to be Warchief. Even so with that being said it always seemed like an odd choice for Sylvanas to lead to Horde. Honestly I thought it was a cool choice story wise but goddamn does it feel like Blizzard is setting up some mega trash level faggot story and going to piss on her like they did with Garrosh. I am fucking sick and tired of the failure cunt writers they have fucking up the horde leadership every goddamn expansion. That video just helps concrete Saurfang as a complete badass but they are already driving a wedge between him and Sylvanas and that's fucking bullshit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well, for the first time Warcrafts history they actually hired a real writer to work on the game. The latest Warcraft book was fucking amazing and I'm glad she's working there. But all this work for BFA has already been done I imagine well over a year ago. I know she didn't work on any of these shorts. I'm predicting the story gets less retarded in 8.1 because of her, though.

Either way I still like the lore cause I'm big gay

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Moral of the story here is be the tank, or don't queue. Which sucks, but basically how you gotta do it.

And then learn to ignore everyone because you will always have someone complaining or blaming you. You'll never pull just right, you'll either be too fast or too slow. And every single Mythic + Affix is your responsibility, including Skittish which reduces Tank aggro by 80%.

It really is a shame Saurfang wasn't promoted the Warchief when Thrall stepped down or even before Vol'jin. Really it makes the most sense for an Orc to be Warchief. Even so with that being said it always seemed like an odd choice for Sylvanas to lead to Horde. Honestly I thought it was a cool choice story wise but goddamn does it feel like Blizzard is setting up some mega trash level faggot story and going to piss on her like they did with Garrosh. I am fucking sick and tired of the failure cunt writers they have fucking up the horde leadership every goddamn expansion. That video just helps concrete Saurfang as a complete badass but they are already driving a wedge between him and Sylvanas and that's fucking bullshit.

Yeah it is next level retarded. I actually couldn't believe Sylvanas was the warchief. It makes 0 sense unless she took it by force and keeps her position by force. But nah man, they follow her willingly, an Undead. Riiiiiight.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's a handful of references to the Lich King in BFA so far. This saurfang short where they literally show ICC (granted, it's more about his wish for death cause we kill his son for loot), the fact that Bolvars daughter suddenly shows up in BFA, fucking Calia Menethil, Arthas' sister shows up in the before the storm novel (and bfa pretty sure).. and Uthers tomb was completely revamped. Sylvanas was literally called "an enemy of life".

Also remember that Ner'Zhul is the true Lich King who battles whoever is wearing the crown for dominance. That's quite literally why it's called the Helm of Domination. The only thing stopping him from doing whatever the fuck he wants was Kil'Jaeden.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we murdered KJ.

I think we might getting more than just some old gods, boys

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
That's a handful of references to the Lich King in BFA so far. This saurfang short where they literally show ICC (granted, it's more about his wish for death cause we kill his son for loot), the fact that Bolvars daughter suddenly shows up in BFA, fucking Calia Menethil, Arthas' sister shows up in the before the storm novel (and bfa pretty sure).. and Uthers tomb was completely revamped. Sylvanas was literally called "an enemy of life".

Also remember that Ner'Zhul is the true Lich King who battles whoever is wearing the crown for dominance. That's quite literally why it's called the Helm of Domination. The only thing stopping him from doing whatever the fuck he wants was Kil'Jaeden.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we murdered KJ.

I think we might getting more than just some old gods, boys

Hakkar 2.0 and Lich King 2.0.. Shit maybe we should hire Xzi to write this shit. I already like his ideas better than Blizzard. Also when is Ion getting fired?

Hakkar2.jpg

8ikog1pqwvu01.jpg

a7b.jpg

• 2Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Also to the guy who mentioned having wowhead opened messes with his mpuse sensitivity, from what I remember that site would freeze my entire computer for a few seconds. Seemed to be loaded with spyware and shady shit so I never used it anymore
I run NoScript, so I only accept script from wowhead itself (plus a handful of general API, like 5 different google stuff). Since I don't run the scripts from the 7 different ad networks that try to grab my attention (plus who knows how many third party resellers once I run the ad network itself), the site is fine.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well that was certainly an improvement and from the beta we know

Saurfang ends up an Alliance prisoner at the end of the Siege of Undercity because Anduin appeals to his honor and doesn't want to kill an orc general he respects.

Now did they already have this cinematic scripted out when they made the original BfA trailer cinematic or is the presence of Zappy Boi here a reaction to the fans rallying around him from the earlier video?

I'm mean it's good that they decided to let a new Troll have some lines since Vol'Jin died.

Now after the Battle for Lordaeron and the destruction of Darnasus it's going to make Silverymoon and the Exodar even more isolated than before. I assume after the Legion scenario that the Exodar will be taking off soon-ish and used as a capital city in a space-based expansion, but Silvermoon is still just kinda there.

Last edited:

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
That single trailer made me more hyped to play horde this expansion then every other thing they've come out with in pre patch or beta. I'm a simple man I guess.

• 2Like

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's early yet. We don't know the (whole) storyline. Don't give up hope, you may still get that new wolfskin rug for your den.