World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hasn't Outlands always been bad for exp though? What about Northrend? Its available at 60 now.

Outlands is hands down better than Northrend for questing experience. Each quest hub is very compact and has a ton of quests. Zangarmarsh and Nagrand are by far the 2 best questing zones in the 60-80 range.

The problem is that I am getting considerably less exp per quest turn in than I was 10 levels ago. On top of that I need almost double the exp to actually level. 20-60 was noticeably faster after the changes they made. 60-80 still seems like a major slog.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Outlands is hands down better than Northrend for questing experience. Each quest hub is very compact and has a ton of quests. Zangarmarsh and Nagrand are by far the 2 best questing zones in the 60-80 range.

The problem is that I am getting considerably less exp per quest turn in than I was 10 levels ago. On top of that I need almost double the exp to actually level. 20-60 was noticeably faster after the changes they made. 60-80 still seems like a major slog.
Zangarmarsh is good. The rest of Outland sucks. Zuldrak and Grizzly Hill's are also good. The rest of Northrend sucks. Nagrand is good for the animal kill quests that are fairly confined, but I wouldn't waste time on any of the story quests. I'd rather run a dungeon or three than waste time doing anything in Outland or Northrend. You're right in both areas sucking.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'd personally be very surprised if they make her an endboss in BFA. If anything I think the only way she's going out is if she kills herself.. again. And become full on literal Banshee.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'd personally be very surprised if they make her an endboss in BFA. If anything I think the only way she's going out is if she kills herself.. again. And become full on literal Banshee.
It gives her an inherent boss mechanic transition, going from hunter to banshee. If she's a boss, Jaina better be, too, fuck that bitch.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Haven't done the alliance side of the quests but apparantly you can find this guy in Darnassus as it burns...

13991.jpg

Ok, that's kind of awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Been messing around with a low level Hunter alt playing survival and man it's actually pretty fun. I am only 98 though, but I could see myself playing a survival hunter over my DK.

• 1Like

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Been messing around with a low level Hunter alt playing survival and man it's actually pretty fun. I am only 98 though, but I could see myself playing a survival hunter over my DK.

It has to be overtuned. Great single target and for some reason it got to keep the ability to aoe while everyone else got fucked. Butchery and wildfire bomb are so silly.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So....

1. Fuck you guys for making me try survival again.
2. Finally got around to unlocking alliance slut elves and Super Space Goats(SSGs). Turned out you only had to have the exalted cheevos, not the actual rep, which was good.
3. Made SSG hunter.
4. Survival is very different now. Actually has some ranged abilities, though still mostly melee.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So....

1. Fuck you guys for making me try survival again.
2. Finally got around to unlocking alliance slut elves and Super Space Goats(SSGs). Turned out you only had to have the exalted cheevos, not the actual rep, which was good.
3. Made SSG hunter.
4. Survival is very different now. Actually has some ranged abilities, though still mostly melee.
What is the difference between the "exalted cheevos" and having actually have exalted rep with AoL / Argussian? Since I had to grind out rep to exalted for both to get the allied races unlocked.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Melee hunter is one of the dumbest fucking ideas Blizzard has ever come up with. If you wanna play melee roll a fucking rogue or warrior or dk or dh or feral or shaman or paladin goddam there are so many fucking options for melee. Yet fucking legolas_01 over here thinks he needs to toss on a pole arm and raptor strike shit. Fuck you.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
What is the difference between the "exalted cheevos" and having actually have exalted rep with AoL / Argussian? Since I had to grind out rep to exalted for both to get the allied races unlocked.

I had the cheevos from my horde toons who did it when it was new. Didn't have to grind it out again on an alliance toon to get the allied races unlocked.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Melee hunter is one of the dumbest fucking ideas Blizzard has ever come up with. If you wanna play melee roll a fucking rogue or warrior or dk or dh or feral or shaman or paladin goddam there are so many fucking options for melee. Yet fucking legolas_01 over here thinks he needs to toss on a pole arm and raptor strike shit. Fuck you.

Marksman, beast master, arcane, frost, fire, affliction, destruction, demonology, balance, shadow, elemental. Hunter, mage, warlock, druid, priest, shaman. Don't get butt hurt that warriors and paladins don't have a ranged spec. Focus your attention on Blizz for shitting on melee specs when it comes to boss encounters.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Marksman, beast master, arcane, frost, fire, affliction, destruction, demonology, balance, shadow, elemental. Hunter, mage, warlock, druid, priest, shaman. Don't get butt hurt that warriors and paladins don't have a ranged spec. Focus your attention on Blizz for shitting on melee specs when it comes to boss encounters.
That being said, shamans should have a tank spec and paladins should have a ranged spec. Warlocks and mage should be able to tank in demonology/frost specs. Eh. Meh. Oy vey.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

Yeah, but what's the experience value? The numbers were always pretty awful for Hellfire Pennisula if I recall. I always banged out the quests but waited until I used the exp potion to turn them in so I can boost right through it. Zangarmarsh was good but Bladespire was awful even with flying.

That's why I asked about Northrend and if the quests gave more experience. Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord are a little spaced out sometimes, but there's some decent quest hubs in places like Grizzly Hills, Dragonblight (Forsaken camp is pretty good), and Zul'drak.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That being said, shamans should have a tank spec and paladins should have a ranged spec. Warlocks and mage should be able to tank in demonology/frost specs. Eh. Meh. Oy vey.
One thing the game doesn't need is more tank specs. I think 6 is plenty enough considering people are just going to bitch about monks again

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had the cheevos from my horde toons who did it when it was new. Didn't have to grind it out again on an alliance toon to get the allied races unlocked.
Ah nice, the Horde allied races are locked behind Nightfallen / Highmountain factions, so I'd still have to grind those out if I ever wanted to roll Horde.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

I think she'll end up in some Illidan type of situation, locked in conflict with a greater power or something dumb. She's undead so supposedly immune to the Old Gods influence, but we'll see.

Tyrande is supposed to be in Stormwind now, so I wouldn't be surprised if Anduin bites it and she takes over the Alliance.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, but what's the experience value? The numbers were always pretty awful for Hellfire Pennisula if I recall. I always banged out the quests but waited until I used the exp potion to turn them in so I can boost right through it. Zangarmarsh was good but Bladespire was awful even with flying.

That's why I asked about Northrend and if the quests gave more experience. Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord are a little spaced out sometimes, but there's some decent quest hubs in places like Grizzly Hills, Dragonblight (Forsaken camp is pretty good), and Zul'drak.
With the zone scaling, I would think the quest xp would just be based on your level, rather than the zone you're in (within the lvl range for that zone). So if Outlands and Northrend are both 60-80 zones, their quests should give the exact same xp based on your lvl. Right?