World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The 3 new Horde zones are pretty underwhelming from an environment standpoint. Basic rehashes. Watching streamers the Alliance zones look pretty cool though.

xzi

Mouthbreather
basic rehashes? lmao

although pirate town is far superior than anything horde has as far as immersion goes for me

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Yeah its gotten so fucking annoying. "How u doin rich man" every 5 seconds.

On Alliance side it's being called "mainlander" or "outsider". Just got called "mainlander" 3 times in one block of dialog. Now I'm going to notice it every time too.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I read no text and don’t have audio on. It’s very pleasurable.
Pretty much do the same. It's all autopilot at this point. Dazarlon feels like a troll skin of Pandaria so far, while the view range is nice, the quests are as generic as ever, and only 2-3 at a time while the travel up and down the temple is pretty fuckin annoying. I'm sure if I had a handy note for the little gremlin transport it might help. Nothing so far feels very immersive... As much as people hate on WOD, the initial time through the questing was probably the best for me so far. Still have a lot left to go on this expansion to make an honest assessment. Areas are pretty expansive, but they don't feel as "full" as they did in legion. Every little building had an entire array of things in it, like it was actually lived in. The ship that Nathanos is on seems very...devoid of anything, incomplete.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Their quest design is really suffering. While the stories being told are certainly better, it's the same pattern of quests repeated a hundred times. New hub > 3 quests > kill X > Interact with X > Loot X > Turn in > 2 new quests > Kill X > One of the two others. > Maybe a last cleanup quest if it's a heavily storybased one > Next hub. Magic wand quests and vehicle quests are rare (Too many is horrible, but some are needed for spice) and I've seen maybe only a few other types. It's not so much that it's repetitive (they always have been) but it's so refined to the point of being sterile now.

For many, this doesn't matter as questing is going to be shit for them one way or another, but as someone who actually enjoys questing and has for every iteration of WoW: It's pretty damn bad.

Finding the zones a definite stepup from Legion's claustrophobic cramped layouts though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Whew, I did it. 120 in the books. I was really struggling to finish the last two levels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Only been able to put a couple hours in on my hunter on ER. Got 111. Went from 207 to 224 from crafted armor. Whee!

Cybsled

Alliance wins this expansion because we have John J Keeshan back again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Only way I can play these games anymore is to have an idea of whats going on. The train ride quests and raids just become bearable with it

I really love that some of the quests have npc's talk to you even as you run around and start the quest now. Whoever thought of that did a great job with that one. It really helps make it more immersive and helps you learn more of the story and lore.

The 3 new Horde zones are pretty underwhelming from an environment standpoint. Basic rehashes. Watching streamers the Alliance zones look pretty cool though.

I've only seen Drustvar so far, but it's definitely one of my top 10 expansion questing zones. Really good stuff.