World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
People hated the Kirin Tor ones? I loved those. Took no effort and no time to do them. Better than “lul kill 20 Murlocs”.

Bubble was easy. The game gave you a swim buffer, so you could cross small gaps easily.

The bubble stuff was annoying but not that bad. I was thinking about the stupid ride the wind jumping puzzle ones where you had to use those stupid burst jumps to try to run through a badly layed out course. The game was never designed for what that quest wanted you to do and so it was way more frustrating than it should have been. Especially the stupid val'shara one where you had to derp under this bridge and then out the other side.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The WQ exploit to get rep. It was talked about some pages back
The one that was outed as a joke post and didn't actually work? I'm confused. Which post was false?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The one that was outed as a joke post and didn't actually work? I'm confused. Which post was false?

Too lazy to find the post, but it was about converting to raid right when finishing a WQ, right? If so, that's the one.

Players are reporting they are receiving perm bans for abusing the WQ exploit. • r/wow
Blizzard Taking Action Against World Quest Exploits • r/wow

There are people claiming it was a hoax, but there's more reports of bans happening as a result of it than there are of people believing that it didn't happen

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
But not one picture or link of an armory with every rep maxed out, which I find odd.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it didn't exist, great.
If it did exist and people are getting severe punishments, great.

• 1Like

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I'm inclined to think it existed, only because I'm sure a few people would've come out immediately claiming OP was full of shit and it didn't work, OP claims to be alone in setting up the hoax so there is no way, in my mind, that this spreads so fast without anyone questioning the validity of the exploit.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Which is strange, because the OP on that post put up a post on battle.net explaining how it was a hoax. Maybe he's trying to weasel his way out of a ban. Who knows. I can't find the post from here because all that shit is blocked. I think it was linked in Discord, though.

If people are being banned, it must be at least partially based in fact, though. It's just too bad the punishment isn't more severe. That's clearly not something that's working as intended, so if you do it over and over until you're exalted, you know exactly what you're into.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Exalted is bad, but I think it could be an infinite gold/resource/scrapper hack which is probably more devastating to blizzard

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Been playing my ER lock a bit. Aff is still mega OP and I love it. 7 mobs want to eat me? Dot dot dot. Loot.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I don't know if it was true or not, or whether people got banned. There was an honor exploit though shortly before BFA launch. About a week after BFA launch everyone who participated in it had their honor levels removed, and received a warning. So if there was an exploit, I imagine at the very least the people who participated in it had their faction & rewards removed.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Who knows. There have been multiple incidents where people have exploited and not lost their ill-gotten gains after their ban was up, so this could be one of them.

Personally, I think that at a minimum, anyone who abused a WQ rep exploit should have all of their WQ-related faction set back to 0 into Friendly and be forced to do WQs to get it back up. That would be punishment enough. Wouldn't even need a ban!

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Exalted is bad, but I think it could be an infinite gold/resource/scrapper hack which is probably more devastating to blizzard
This already (partially) existed in the world areas with instant respawn that they had to hotfix. The sheer amount of straight gold drops, green/blues for mats, and epic BoEs that people got were far more impactful.

Merrith

This already (partially) existed in the world areas with instant respawn that they had to hotfix. The sheer amount of straight gold drops, green/blues for mats, and epic BoEs that people got were far more impactful.

They still haven't nerfed all of them. Guildies out there doing it for a couple hours daily.

Unrelated note, nice of blizz to hotfix the amount of Midnight salmon needed for feasts from 5 to 2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
They still haven't nerfed all of them. Guildies out there doing it for a couple hours daily.

Unrelated note, nice of blizz to hotfix the amount of Midnight salmon needed for feasts from 5 to 2.
Oh sure, reduce Midnight Salmon but not reduce or remove crystals from the Pact of ___ Ring enchants, which only offer +10 over the normal enchant.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Yup if you can basically keep getting the reward over and over there does not seem to be any reason to think this would not be a massive money/item dupe hack with appropriate smiting for such stuff.

xzi

Mouthbreather

Are they camping mount spawns? Certain areas aren't really exploitable as they're not only questing areas but WQ areas as well, it forces at least the amount needed to complete the quest to be spawned at any given time. So if a quest requires 8 mobs to kill, there will always be 8 of those specific mobs in the area popped. It's why monk statue farming is super strong because if you kill enough fast enough you just continue to pull the other pops immediately.

It works like that in any area needed to kill x amount of mobs.

They've been pretty unclear whether this is exploiting game mechanics or not, but it's been the case since at least WoD and nobody really gets banned for farming these areas.