World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I use World Quest List and it has a built-in mod for the shell game so I use it. Makes things quicker.

That said, there's tricks to it anyway. Certain stuff behind the shells do animations while concealed and give clues what's there. The crab, robot and valkyr are notorious for it.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Ha, I don't disagree. Just saying you can't really make a "mythic" version that gives more rewards when the game can be defeated by an addon. Would just piss people off who don't use addons.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's not any better than the stupid barrel matching game.

And would you prefer the one where you floated up in a series of bubbles (pre flying)?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not any better than the stupid barrel matching game.

And would you prefer the one where you floated up in a series of bubbles (pre flying)?

If the Kirin Tor emissary was offering 1500 reputation Champions of Azeroth tokens you'd be all about the bubbles. The Tortollas just don't have that extra cherry to balance out their lameness making them even more lame by comparison.

To continue the bashing of CoA I'm disappointed that there isn't really a choice for what contract to use.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Once I hit revered with CoA this week I will switch to turtles until I hit revered with them and then I no longer care about the turtles unless they are the daily.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Basically just waiting until 11 tonight for another Tortollan mission to pop up (should be 2) since I was only able to do 2/3 this morning before board was clear. Once I hand in emissary I'll have Pathfinder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Is it normal to run a mythic that your not saved to and not get any loot?

No but it happens.

Is there some kind of mechanic in place for alts or is the CoA grind exactly the same with a second character?

It's the same, but I imagine when you get exalted with CoA you'll be able to send tokens to your alts like you could in Legion.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Noodleface Noodleface Been meaning to ask you. So I have a weakaura set up to show me the timer on Ironskin Brew. However, even using the numerical ID for Ironskin Brew the buff and not the spell it still shows me the Cooldown timer for the brew recharge when I use it. Which is 10 seconds when the buff is 7 causing a bit of an issue with how i want it ti display.

Which is supremely annoying and I haven't found a way to get around that. Have you done something similar?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Did you make it yourself?

I use a suite that included Normal Stagger + Brewmaster Tools + another weak aura that tracks brew times. I can't find the link right now though, however this is what I used all of legion:

https://wago.io/NkzxxOUKW

Khane

Got something right about marriage
WA was updated a few days ago and the template functionality was improved quite a bit, including default templates to show spell buffs when the buff is active and cooldown when it is not. If you can't get it working I'd update and re-create from template.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is it normal to run a mythic that your not saved to and not get any loot?
Under personal loot, you average about 1 piece of loot per dungeon. Sometimes it'll be 0, sometimes it'll be 2, most of the time it's 1.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder if they will have special event vendors etc. that use Seafarer's Dubloons. I don't find myself needing to spend them on stuff currently and they just pile up.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm holding out hope they put some of those mounts and pets in a vendor. Because it's pretty retarded that the only use for them is shitty 10 minute food that only works on islands.

• 1Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Tortollan quests are fun. I wish the matching game were harder.
You can't. Any harder, and you would need an addon to complete.

The reason the game works is that your brain can keep track of 6-8 things, and then, any new input ends up making you forget the original ones. That's why the match-up is 8 pairs. Any more pairs, and it degenerates into a game of chance. Or you pick a pen and note down which appeared where. Or make an addon who remembers it (or probably simply flashes a grid showing you each pair in order, because they're probably easy to datamine with the right script).

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if they will have special event vendors etc. that use Seafarer's Dubloons. I don't find myself needing to spend them on stuff currently and they just pile up.
This week's vendor has a vehicle to use that does 25k damage a hit. Should make doing islands on mythic a breeze to get that shit out of the way as fast as possible if you have a tank.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This week's vendor has a vehicle to use that does 25k damage a hit. Should make doing islands on mythic a breeze to get that shit out of the way as fast as possible if you have a tank.

Hmmm...but I actually like doing the expeditions themselves. Its rather fun and pretty relaxing overall. I'm not sure I want them over as fast as possible, as it is I feel a bit 'meh' after I've maxed out the number for the main reward each week as it seems not as worth it to do them.

Its a good thing Warfronts give 7th Legion / Honorbound faction seeing as I'm almost certainly going to be Exalted prior to the damn things opening.

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmmm...but I actually like doing the expeditions themselves. Its rather fun and pretty relaxing overall. I'm not sure I want them over as fast as possible, as it is I feel a bit 'meh' after I've maxed out the number for the main reward each week as it seems not as worth it to do them.

I think that is working as intended I think that after you are done with your weekly reward there is lesser incentive to keep grinding them.