World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The 'owning the zone' quests for Arathi do provide a nice injection of War Resources. I was down to ~650 ish after curtailing my WQs as I finish factions (and get tired) and now I'm back to 1600 after doing the quests. Plus I got a second 370 Azerite piece off the Arathi World Boss so that's been overall very helpful in terms of gearing.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Started levelling my boomkin through IE's. Idk if they are actually faster than questing, it's pretty close. If you had a competent group they would definitely be faster, but random queuing is hit or miss. Still though, really good for levelling the necklace while you level your character. He is only 114 atm and is already at a level 12 necklace. Got 5 of those 700 AP quests so that was a big chunk of AP. 2 pets & the pirate transmog hat.

Will probably do that until ~117 then quest so that he gets some higher ilvl gear.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started levelling my boomkin through IE's. Idk if they are actually faster than questing, it's pretty close. If you had a competent group they would definitely be faster, but random queuing is hit or miss. Still though, really good for levelling the necklace while you level your character. He is only 114 atm and is already at a level 12 necklace. Got 5 of those 700 AP quests so that was a big chunk of AP. 2 pets & the pirate transmog hat.

Will probably do that until ~117 then quest so that he gets some higher ilvl gear.

I have been kinda splitting on my alt now a day doing normal quests and a day doing IE when leveling. If you have reseted IE's seem faster if you don't have reseted do quests. Mixing it up helps keep gear from being a real painful hurdle at 120 I would think. God knows it was bad enough having mostly 119 level gear I don't want to think about how brutal it would be going into 120 with really low end gear.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I did a mostly IE leveling before and some quests, but I finished up the last two levels with a lot of normal random dungeons. It was good experience, helped with playing the new class in those environments, and got me some halfway decent loot.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
At 118 doing islands I get anywhere from 10-30% a level an expedition. As people said very hit or miss

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I think straight questing is the fastest. I got my shaman to 120 in just about two days and up to ilvl 340 in maybe 3-4 more days. Hit up a friend that crafts and they should be able to get you decked out in the 225 gear at 111 and then set you up with full 300-310 by 120. From then it's a few WQs to up iLvl, heroics to hit 320 and then Arathi/LFR/timewalking to get to 340.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have one more rep to get exalted on and I'm done with that freaking grind at least. I'm surprised there is so little rewards for getting exalted with Champions of Azeroth. I've never seen a tabard as something to get excited about. They are one of the most meh reward items in the game as 99.9% of them are ugly as hell.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you are lone wolfing and have to use the random queues questing will probably always be fastest. Joining Islands or Dungeons and wiping over and over isn't very good for experience gain. If you have a group or an Antorus geared alt you are wanting to level you can plow islands so fast that questing doesn't even come close. It's really all a matter of what you have available to you.

The new "boost character" will be someone in BiS legendaries, Mythic Antorus gear, and has turned off exp and done the tortollan treasure turn in and 2 full zone quest lines to get 3 pieces of 295 Azerite gear at 110. Then keeps exp off and just mows down Island expeditions in like 3-5 minutes solo. Which kinda sucks and is a bit of a head scratcher that Blizzard seems to just put arbitrary group size limits on different types of content. I can't think of any reason that island expeditions needed to be 3 person scenarios instead of normal group size.

Merrith

I have one more rep to get exalted on and I'm done with that freaking grind at least. I'm surprised there is so little rewards for getting exalted with Champions of Azeroth. I've never seen a tabard as something to get excited about. They are one of the most meh reward items in the game as 99.9% of them are ugly as hell.

Exhalted CoA gets you a 355 Azerite piece. Better reward than any of the other factions at exhalted.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
You have to buy it, though. lol
You mortals and your material (gold) concerns. I sold tons of 30-slot bags at expansion start! Seriously, I've made about 60-80k from bags alone. People seriously want Deep Sea Bags for some reason, despite the past 4 years of Hexweave + Imbued Silkweave being accessible.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
You mortals and your material (gold) concerns. I sold tons of 30-slot bags at expansion start! Seriously, I've made about 60-80k from bags alone. People seriously want Deep Sea Bags for some reason, despite the past 4 years of Hexweave + Imbued Silkweave being accessible.
I make fat cash using Garrison resources to buy Fur from the trader and making Hexweave bags.

Araxen

You have to buy it, though. lol

Plus I already got a 370 from one of the world bosses so I forgot about that reward. There is a pet too but it costs 200 of those pet charms. I'd figure they'd do something special since the faction comes off as the most important one to this expansion so far.

The Hyena mount is really cool that I got from one of the other reps.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
What always seems odd is the sheer number of welfare epics they throw out to the most trash ass players for doing fuck all, and then on the opposite end they rep gate some dogshit 335s behind exhalted reps. These retarded cunts in their office don’t even talk twith each other I bet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What always seems odd is the sheer number of welfare epics they throw out to the most trash ass players for doing fuck all, and then on the opposite end they rep gate some dogshit 335s behind exhalted reps. These retarded cunts in their office don’t even talk twith each other I bet.
They've literally done that since the beginning. If you recall the rep grind for something like Thorium Brotherhood (that'd take months of collecting rocks from Dark Iron dwarves) for mostly blue crafted items, and a couple crafted epic resistance pieces for tanks. The +20 Intellect enchant was also fuckin' useless at the time. They always fuck up the reputation reward armor levels. I'd like to look at the purchase/usage rate of those items to see just how effectively useful they are for the vast majority of the population. So far I've only used a 335 cloak and gloves, but since then I've not needed 350 pants for being Exalted, and I'm still 1/4 away from hitting that on most except Honorbound.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A lot of the exalted rewards in TBC were BiS for a decent amount of time. Things like the Earthwarden Mace for Guardian Druids from Cenarion Expedition. And you could actually grind them out, you weren't gated behind just dailies.

Wrath and Cata were even better for that. The exalted rewards were obtainable when they were still useful. You could just throw on a tabard and dungeon grind the rep as fast or as slowly as you wanted to.

The trend of time gating everything behind dailies didn't start until after that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Sites showing some spoilers stuff from 8.1 and some PTR goodies.

Sira Moonwarden, the NPC that makes the calls for the Warden WQs in Legion, gets resurrected as a "dark warden" and fights for the Horde in Darkshore

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I make fat cash using Garrison resources to buy Fur from the trader and making Hexweave bags.
I quit doing that simply because the scrapper and especially the Silkweave-dropping shoulder enchant make things add up quickly to the point I almost ran out of room from having too much Silkweave in my bank lol

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
A lot of the exalted rewards in TBC were BiS for a decent amount of time. Things like the Earthwarden Mace for Guardian Druids from Cenarion Expedition. And you could actually grind them out, you weren't gated behind just dailies.

Wrath and Cata were even better for that. The exalted rewards were obtainable when they were still useful. You could just throw on a tabard and dungeon grind the rep as fast or as slowly as you wanted to.

The trend of time gating everything behind dailies didn't start until after that.
You're right about there not being a time gate, but that cenarion grind wasn't something that could happen overnight, either. That mace was pretty badass.

I quit doing that simply because the scrapper and especially the Silkweave-dropping shoulder enchant make things add up quickly to the point I almost ran out of room from having too much Silkweave in my bank lol

I still have like 2000 Silkweave on my druid. I never finished the quest (lol, never did lower karazan), and most if not all of my bloods were spent on resources for alts. You can actually do mythic legion dungeons at 120, so I might go back and get that pattern. It's just too easy with the garrison, and the flood of cloth from BfA to put in the time. Wonder what I could get selling the cloth vs farming bloods to make bags...