World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Content scaled to your level, I thought that was implied. Guess everything needs to be broken down for the stupid, fuck.
Right but then what is the point of gear if a level 40, 110, or 120 all do the same DPS pretty much? What is the point of levels even?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Right but then what is the point of gear if a level 40, 110, or 120 all do the same DPS pretty much? What is the point of levels even?
What? Original question was do we even gain any power compared to legion raid characters since BFA classes are shit, and the only way to see would be on scaled content/target dummies.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What? Original question was do we even gain any power compared to legion raid characters since BFA classes are shit, and the only way to see would be on scaled content/target dummies.
I think you might be surprised that DPS would be higher on the lower level character which is the whole point.

They took so much away with legendary removal and artifacts and azerite hasn’t replaced it well. So the basic rotation on a 110 or 120 or even a 40 with a scaled boss is no real difference. The lower levels might be higher because they have a lot more interesting procs and interactions going on.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't be surprised at all. I am solidly in the BFA is shit other than m+ group.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I wouldn't be surprised at all. I am solidly in the BFA is shit other than m+ group.
What I find funny is that they could literally turn this into something like Destiny almost instantly. Levels mean absolutely nothing at this point and gear marginally so.

M+ could be something from level 1.

Mind bottling.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's the beginning of the first tier of a new expansion. So a comparison of even a marginally geared mythic raid character at 120 to a full Antorus 110 would be disingenuous anyway.

Scaling content is exactly that, scaling content. It makes sense that a 110 in full raid gear from the last tier of that expansion would be more powerful than a 120 in some raid gear from the first tier on content that scales to your level. By the end of the expansion I'm sure these Azerite traits are going to be bonkers OP.

Eventually the Azerite system might be good. They'll probably remove the M+ end of run chest restriction and allow it to start dropping there and that by itself would make it feel way less shitty.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Content scaled to your level, I thought that was implied. Guess everything needs to be broken down for the stupid, fuck.

Idk how you would put the 2 side by side on a dummy to compare, but the 120 is still stronger even in scaled content. They nerfed the scaling of a 110-119 a few weeks into bfa. Not like it would matter even if they were stronger though. There is no content of significance where it makes a difference.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Despite having leveled a havoc DH to 120 and doing some raids and dungeons I wasn't really sold on it. Spent the weekend messing with other classes. Druid, Shaman, and monk. Honestly wasn't that sold on that either and so I'm gonna try tanking for the first time ever in WoW.

Will try Vengeance but considering Prot Paladin as well. I'm hoping it's a fun change of pace and will get me back into the game.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Idk how you would put the 2 side by side on a dummy to compare, but the 120 is still stronger even in scaled content. They nerfed the scaling of a 110-119 a few weeks into bfa. Not like it would matter even if they were stronger though. There is no content of significance where it makes a difference.
Meters output scaled damage, have a 120 and a 110 in the same normal dungeon and their displayed damage numbers would look entirely different to each other. This works the same on target dummies. It's not about having any relevant content that both would be a part of. It's whether you feel like you've gained any power if you were a full geared mythic raider in Legion and a full geared mythic raider now.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have to fly out again tonight so I don’t have much time to run anything this week. I pugged most of normal and heroic Uldir this week but could still use a higher M+ for the week. If anyone is around for the next few hours and doesn’t mind giving a forum bro a hand send me a message.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Despite having leveled a havoc DH to 120 and doing some raids and dungeons I wasn't really sold on it. Spent the weekend messing with other classes. Druid, Shaman, and monk. Honestly wasn't that sold on that either and so I'm gonna try tanking for the first time ever in WoW.

Will try Vengeance but considering Prot Paladin as well. I'm hoping it's a fun change of pace and will get me back into the game.
Paladin is the sleeper tank of the expansion. xzi xzi has talked about it too, but their kit is very good for everything all around.

If you ONLY do m+ then VDH will pull ahead. Same as if you only raid BRM will pull ahead. Paladin is the more versatile of the 3.

Notice I didn't mention any other classes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Well I'm not sure where your sense of "power" comes from. I do more damage then I did at 110, I have more health then I had at 110, I can go back and more easily defeat Legion content then I could at 110. So I feel more powerful than I did at 110.

Perhaps the rotation or class doesn't feel better. I definitely preferred legendaries. Comparing the feel of playing BFA from 110-115, to that of your 120 I could see you not feeling more powerful due to the content scaling. I suppose.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Perhaps the rotation or class doesn't feel better. I definitely preferred legendaries. Comparing the feel of playing BFA from 110-115, to that of your 120 I could see you not feeling more powerful due to the content scaling. I suppose.

Do islands at 120, or 119, and see how your meter looks against the 110-114s in your group. It's eye opening.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well I'm not sure where your sense of "power" comes from. I do more damage then I did at 110, I have more health then I had at 110, I can go back and more easily defeat Legion content then I could at 110. So I feel more powerful than I did at 110.

Legion content does not scale to 120. Of course you can kill it faster than you could at 110. We are specifically talking about BfA content that scales from 110-120. A full Antorus + Legendary 110 will kill faster than a Mythic Uldir 370ish 120 in things like Island Expeditions. If you take the time to get 3 of the 295 azerite pieces at 110 you can kill even faster.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
There's currently two levels in WoW. Max level and non-max level. Max level is when ilvl becomes a factor. Non-max is the rest.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is so fucked. Did anyone see the Shaman changes? They're basically adding artifact traits into the talent tree now. I can only imagine this is going to be a theme for the next year or so and by next expansion we'll have true Legion 2.0 where all the artifact traits and some of the legendaries have been reintroduced. These assholes have no creative spark in their class design anymore. Fire the whole fucking team except the artists. Those poor bastards are literally carrying this game on their backs at this point.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This game is so fucked. Did anyone see the Shaman changes? They're basically adding artifact traits into the talent tree now. I can only imagine this is going to be a theme for the next year or so and by next expansion we'll have true Legion 2.0 where all the artifact traits and some of the legendaries have been reintroduced. These assholes have no creative spark in their class design anymore. Fire the whole fucking team except the artists. Those poor bastards are literally carrying this game on their backs at this point.

Feel free to fire the artist too. These lying dicksuckers said if they didn't have to design tier sets they could make cool thematic based on the raid.. then they gave us this.

726245.jpg

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean, that set is very based on the titan watchers so they didn't lie, you just don't like it. It just looks like ass and that's fair.

New "tier" is dank though (at least cloth is, still no plate)
790517.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users