World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm still salty about this change and I'm going to complain about it again. Warfront Contribution is at 92%, the instance is going to open back up late today or early tomorrow, and my fucking +50% gathering speed perk is FUCKING GONE

warfront.png

Assholes.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It would explain the pattern, but why would there be 2 teams? It doesn't make any sense.

It makes sense if you wanted to keep expansions rolling out. Still it isn't like we can confirm what happens behind the scenes at Blizzard. It's all speculation.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They'd need a team to be making current content (broken isles, argus) while another team is making the next expansion. It could be that their model is to have one team support the entire expansion while the other supports the next expansion through duration, but who knows. There's probably a decent chunk where all hands are on-deck on the current expansion, and if so that would be now.

Like others have said - raiding and running m+ with the bros kept me subbed, but even that could not sustain the shit taste I was swallowing this expac. And that's coming from a guy who stayed subbed for a long time in WOD (until I had my kid).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Like others have said - raiding and running m+ with the bros kept me subbed, but even that could not sustain the shit taste I was swallowing this expac. And that's coming from a guy who stayed subbed for a long time in WOD (until I had my kid).

I'm sure I would feel different about raiding as well provided we were beating our heads against a mythic target rather than raiding two days a week and having reasonable expectations of some progression through heroic. Basically I'm not raiding as much as I want thus I'm still looking forward to it.

Part of the appeal also is that I'm playing a character I haven't played since vanilla, there's a lot to learn, and there's a lot to do better. Even if it's old hat for everyone else the different ways to combine abilities and talents and apply them to a target are interesting to me. I've got a notebook with some scribblings of stuff I need to remember or do better for each encounter, I've watched some raiders on Twitch, and checked out Wowhead and Icy Veins. There's a game here. I'm learning stuff.

Applying that same sort of thought process to Azerite traits has failed to be rewarding even a single time this expansion. Things either don't work the way I think they will work or don't stack the way I think they should stack. One trait I had derpy side-plans for, Tidal Surge, just stops existing after a certain item level. I pick the best healery sounding traits on the highest item level thing I've got and hope it works out. I don't have enough pieces for real choices and even if I did I can't compare something's primary, secondary, and tertiary traits with another item that has different different primary, secondary, and tertiary traits and come to any real conclusion. All the discovery has been 100% offloaded to other people who will just tell me what's good or not. What a great time that is.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Leveled a boosted BRM from 110 to 120 and I think power actually spiked in the mid teens, once you had all 3 pieces of azerites going.

Pulls were generally 5-7ish throughout, which felt great compared to my shaman who had to blow CD's to even kill 3-4. I leveled him from 100-110 right before BFA and never played him, so his gear was substantially worse than boosted gear.
Pretty much how I feel about Prot Paladin right now. I'm completing quests so much faster. Exp/hour on DH to 120 was about 400-450k/hour, and now with Prot Paladin up to Level 113 is a bit faster at 450-500k/hour. It's great!

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As someone who hasn't played since Draenor or really raided since Cata I'm still having fun being a tourist. Got to 320 on my mage and did 6/8 of the LFR which seems a lot easier than the last time I did one (dragon soul). I'll probably try to go through all the raids and dungeons in MoP, Draenor, and Legion before I run out of steam since I played maybe a month of MoP and Draenor and none of Legion. Got a piece of gear that requires 20+ azurite power from LFR and I can't say that I'm very motivated to grind for that.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Smells like bullshit but interesting none the less.

- Classic WoW is in a pre-alpha state, mostly all quests done. They started working on dungeons and battlegrouds.
- 17 devs are working on the game, 2 former Nost-devs for assuring authenticity.
- They don't think there will be a long beta phase.
- Only changes: Improved textures and spell effects but still using the old models. Improved view distance and colorblind mode. Battle.net will have some restrictions on PVP servers.
- 8 servers per region, 4 PVP, 2 PVE, 1 RP-PVP and 1 RP-PVE.
- No ingame shop at the start.
- Sub will be included in retail WoW or you pay less for Classic only.
- Launch about April/June 2019.
- There will be an annoucement and gameplay at Blizzcon

More info in reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/c..._detail_leaks/

Like Bliz is going to give a bag of soggy assholes what the chumps at Nost care about for "authenticity"

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would be very surprised if this ended up being the case.

I could sort of see it basically once the server is up and running its not getting any patches or future content. Unless at some point they choose to go to some kind of progression server variant option.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I could sort of see it basically once the server is up and running its not getting any patches or future content. Unless at some point they choose to go to some kind of progression server variant option.

If the servers exceed expectations I think it would make sense to immediately start preliminary work on The Burning Crusade.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If the servers exceed expectations I think it would make sense to immediately start preliminary work on The Burning Crusade.

Yup if its popular and does well I could see them doing a progression server. For a lot of people who missed it seeing lich king "for the first time" When it is "new content" could be really popular.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The pinnacle of classic WoW to me was 40 man Alterac Valley, 1st iteration. There were times when I would log off without finishing a battle one night only to see the same one still going the next morning.

There was no hand-holding, no catch-up mechanics, nothing. If you could organize your side to defend a push or to push yourselves once you completed the NPC assistance quests then you might win, but it was never guaranteed.

I would pay to play that shit again.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The pinnacle of classic WoW to me was 40 man Alterac Valley, 1st iteration. There were times when I would log off without finishing a battle one night only to see the same one still going the next morning.

I never, ever won an AV during vanilla. I was playing a human Warlock and it just never happened.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yup if its popular and does well I could see them doing a progression server. For a lot of people who missed it seeing lich king "for the first time" When it is "new content" could be really popular.

Progression Servers, allow people to get any achievements, titles, mounts, ect they might have missed out on. Then when the progression server catches up to live or you have let it run for the season/year/whatever close it down. Transfer all characters to a live variant and make another progression server.

Do it like the EQ progression servers did.. To unlock BWL people need to complete a full set of T1 on all classes, to unlock AQ full T2, ect, ect, certain milestones needed to open the server up to the next section.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I never, ever won an AV during vanilla. I was playing a human Warlock and it just never happened.
The only time I ever won AV as Alliance in vanilla was with a full guild group, and it still took a couple hours. Otherwise horde just fucked shit up, or it went on forever.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

In the real old school AV you had all the noobies wanting to go fight Captain Whatshisnuts in the field of strife to get a level 50ish polearm which was one of the best weapons at the time. This is prior to them handing out welfare epics on the 1st and 15th to the wakandans creating wakanda culture throughout wow.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Progression Servers, allow people to get any achievements, titles, mounts, ect they might have missed out on. Then when the progression server catches up to live or you have let it run for the season/year/whatever close it down. Transfer all characters to a live variant and make another progression server.

Do it like the EQ progression servers did.. To unlock BWL people need to complete a full set of T1 on all classes, to unlock AQ full T2, ect, ect, certain milestones needed to open the server up to the next section.
Wouldn't work in WOW if you're looking for an authentic experience. Getting a full T1 would make BWL too easy. I first did Nefarian in gear from LBRS, crafted chest piece, Magisters shoulders, Arcanist boots, and T2 helm and legs from Rag/Ony. Also, shadow flame cloak, fire resist trinket, offhand, and some other random shit.