World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Xenif was the first recorded 60. 11/23/2004-12/4/2004. No fucking idea how that happened, even playing 24/7, with server outages, loot lag/timeout and shit those first few weeks.

No shit the first few weeks WoW ran like hammered dogshit. They kept giving us +1 day sub credits and shit all while trying to add new servers nonstop. This is how Vanilla wow played for a while.

cVJbCzn.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I always wreck my /played times with long AFKs all over the place. I think I had hit 10 days /played on my first character. Once I switched to the dwarf priest for leet raiding and tried to level as fast as possible I believe I was around 6 days played.

Ironically, I enjoy EQ TLP servers but feel pretty meh about classic. I think the only reason I will even play it is just to level up in the original Elwynn/Westfall/Redridge/Duskwood ring of quests. That was probably my favorite part out of everything I remember from my first play through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Geez, my memory is going shitty. I thought Classic was 1-50, because Cataclysm and Pandaria were "+10" to max level. I don't remember being 85 at all going into Pandaria when it launched. D:

I definitely remember the loot lag on day 1 of Classic though. :D

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Twitch streamers exist now. They can play non-stop since it is literally a job and will have streams viewers helping them. Would not be suprised if it is a twitch streamer like Sodapoppin that get first 60. That dude can poop sock.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Has anyone experimented with the BFA follow equipment? The chance to return with X but takes 30 expulsom fuck you stuff. Are the rates decent?
Crafting components are at a rock-bottom cost at the AH, thanks to the recycler. At 30 expulsom, the only things that might have been good would be plants, if they bring back reliably Anchor Weed, and even then.

The only useful follower equipments seem to be the leatherworking one that gives +10% success per troop (30 expulsom, no hydrocore) or smithing one that gives flat +10% (???) success (30 expulsom, 1 hydrocore). So that you get better odds on a pet charm or rune mission bonus (which are the only missions that matter until they bring back seal missions or raid chest missions).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I did a Demon Hunter from fresh to max level a couple weeks ago. I leveled in Havoc. I was able to basically pull 5-10 mobs at a clip and memebeam them down before dying which coincidentally put me back to full health. I died once or twice by getting stunned before getting my eye lazor off. At 120 I basically pull anything I want that's not a super elite rare named mob without worry of dying. There isn't much change. Demon hunter might be a pretty unique class though as they have a decent amount of self healing, two aoe stuns and significant burst aoe every 30 seconds.

On the druid I leveled in Bear and with the aoe thrash legos it felt really good. It started slowing down at 118ish but I was choosing the feral traits on Azerite that bear can also use. at 120 it wasn't awesome. I wasn't dying but my dps was awful. When I switched to doing WQ's in Boomkin it was still kind of awful and I couldn't pull more then 2-3 mobs without fear of dying.

DH leveling is pretty fun when you do quests that require you to kill stuff. Even in leveling gear I had no problem doing about 8-10 mobs at once as Vengeance. Now that I'm geared I literally feel like I can do an unlimited amount if I can get them together. A good tip is to get about 6-7 mobs (or more if you can handle it) and then aoe fear them to stop them from chasing you as you tag more mobs and then chaining and running back to their spawn point, so you aoe fear and then go grab another bunch and bring them all together. I've killed up to ~30 or so this way. I love completing WQ's in one round. I don't understand why more people don't level with Vengeance because of this. Havoc does more damage, but dies faster. So with Vengeance you can pull more and knock those quests out much faster imo.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
I been playing Arena and I only have gotten to 1400 which is baby rank but feels pretty good knowing my pvp chest tomorrow will be 365 even if it probably won't be an upgrade.

Think I'm gonna get into RBGs and crush it some. The weird disconnect I've had with BFA overall kind of sparked the pvp douche in me. Mostly griefing people in wpvp but still. Ret is insanely bursty and if I'm honest does way too much healing.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I think a brewmaster statue can pickup and hold the adds. Not sure how much damage they hit for
It can, but be aware it will aggro the first trash pack inside the sewer grate if you put it too close to the wall. If you're trying to go straight to the boss while skipping all the outside trash you're basically guaranteed to pull something extra with the statue.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Geez, my memory is going shitty. I thought Classic was 1-50, because Cataclysm and Pandaria were "+10" to max level. I don't remember being 85 at all going into Pandaria when it launched. D:

I definitely remember the loot lag on day 1 of Classic though. :D

Cata was +5 and MoP were +5 - it was weird.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Decent bracers in the chest, buy good lord another week that I get a King's Rest key.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh, that's how it works now? Nice.

Of course, he'll probably get King's Rest again. Or Motherlode.

• 1Worf

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Or Waynecrest. That's the only keys I get, but mostly KR. Last week it was KR on BOTH my DK and warlock. /wristville

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the first week we had caches our entire M+ 'group' of 7-8 people ALL had King's Rest, became a meme for a bit

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So far I've gone 1/4 for weekly Mythic chests. With 3 items being downgrades and not Azerite and 1 weekly item being an upgrade and Azerite. That was a nice week for sure, but fuck me if going 1/4 on something that is supposed to be highly rewarding and fulfilling sucks dick. What about you guys? Today I got a wonderful pair of terribad 385 Boots that are the opposite of the stats I need. They are so bad that 370 Boots are better. The Legion rule of thumb for my spec (and I think pretty much everyone) was that if it's 10 ilvl or higher, equip it regardless. That's definitely not true anymore, obviously, at least certainly for Azerite armor, but I feel like it's also the case with other slots as well. I've even considered going 20ilvl lower on various slots because the stats are so bad, but I think that's the cutoff point for non Azerite.

Used one of my Bonus Rolls on Hailstone Construct because his trinket is far and away above and beyond better than any other trinket in BFA right now for Vengeance DH. Got more boots lol. I hate having a BIS item be on a world boss you only see once every, what, 2-3 months? Some dude got the Unbound monstrosities quest done after the Hailstone kill today, what's up with that? T'zane or whatever hasn't spawned yet. Was there a bug day 1?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My favorite so far was a tricket 10 ilvls (or was it 15?) higher than another, when it had half the +stat and half the buff bonus. It literally only had 2 things it did, and both were half as good as something with a lower ilvl.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So far I've gone 1/4 for weekly Mythic chests. With 3 items being downgrades and not Azerite and 1 weekly item being an upgrade and Azerite. That was a nice week for sure, but fuck me if going 1/4 on something that is supposed to be highly rewarding and fulfilling sucks dick. What about you guys? Today I got a wonderful pair of terribad 385 Boots that are the opposite of the stats I need. They are so bad that 370 Boots are better. The Legion rule of thumb for my spec (and I think pretty much everyone) was that if it's 10 ilvl or higher, equip it regardless. That's definitely not true anymore, obviously, at least certainly for Azerite armor, but I feel like it's also the case with other slots as well. I've even considered going 20ilvl lower on various slots because the stats are so bad, but I think that's the cutoff point for non Azerite.

Used one of my Bonus Rolls on Hailstone Construct because his trinket is far and away above and beyond better than any other trinket in BFA right now for Vengeance DH. Got more boots lol. I hate having a BIS item be on a world boss you only see once every, what, 2-3 months? Some dude got the Unbound monstrosities quest done after the Hailstone kill today, what's up with that? T'zane or whatever hasn't spawned yet. Was there a bug day 1?
Let me tell you about the arcanocrystal..

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
At least with Legion you always had the carrot of the Legendary items and the bad luck protection but in BFA you don’t even have that. And instead of a fresh carrot it’s an old deformed carrot rotting and covered in shit.

Maybe these “dickbags” as curly haired fuck face Lore likes to say can bring back 3-4 items in the weekly chest it wouldn’t be pure aids.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
RNG of maybe getting up to 2 extra items? No thanks. Just make Azerite pieces drop from M+ end of dungeon chests and be done with it.

M0-M5 drops 340, M5-10 drops 355, M10+ drops 370.