World of Warcraft: Current Year

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
i just play every expac for a month or two and quit. Got to mytic 8 this time before calling it. Pretty good time. cya in two years.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Let's be honest here -- WoW is a fantastic game. Even after all these years, it still has mainstream appeal, and that's more than you can say for pretty much any MMO out there. Even if people are coming and going, even if their design team acts like their heads are permanently up their own (or each others') asses, there is still a quality to the game that isn't present in any other MMO, and that's why this game has lasted as long as it has.

That's no excuse for this sham of an expansion, but still...

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Let's be honest here -- WoW is a fantastic game. Even after all these years, it still has mainstream appeal, and that's more than you can say for pretty much any MMO out there. Even if people are coming and going, even if their design team acts like their heads are permanently up their own (or each others') asses, there is still a quality to the game that isn't present in any other MMO, and that's why this game has lasted as long as it has.

For someone like me who didn't play EQ.. WoW is my EQ. I would've previously said FFXI but I only played that for a few years (although.. probably closer to how poopsocking people were in EQ).

I've hated a lot of things they've done but deep down the game is the best MMO I've ever, and maybe will ever, play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Mileage will vary. WoW is a very successful game with millions of players so invested in their characters that they are loath to see how far it has fallen. But from the outside looking in, WoW has not aged well.

Imo and as a casual, 7.3.1. is a huge mistake, bigger than BFA's fuckups. The next biggest problem is advertising for the Allied Races and then hiding them behind a craptastic grind nobody loves.

I know those of you who play WoW regularly have other issues you care more about in BFA and I'm sure they are legitimate. But a lot of casuals will never even get to complain about those problems because WoW isn't built for them anymore. Not worth the time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
u9_dqCUE_kbIoRISEe5XjCNv88GLo0_9i7XeDnRWpos.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I for one would like to have additional Azerite armor as I've been wearing the same pieces for like three weeks now and the entire system barely even exists to me.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's fine if that's their reasoning but... you can.. do both.. and satisfy everybody?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well after reading this thread it makes me feel better i didn't waste the money on this xpac/sub. I thought people liked this expansion when it came out?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
People have liked every wow expansion at release. The leveling experience and initial dungeon rush is pretty much always a good time. Then the veil gets pulled back and we remember that Blizzard thinks scarcity for the sake of scarcity is good for the game and that RNG is exciting and interesting.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i'm pretty sure the cure for happiness is to play the last month of wow expansions

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
At the very least don't play until 8.1.

BFA is good, I have no doubt it will be Legion of levels of good by at least 8.2, but I think people are just tired of waiting 3-4 months for shit they paid for and blizzard openly ignoring the complaints the entire community has. Then there's shit like "Sorry we know shaman is busted, we'll fix it in a few months" isn't really an acceptable answer. But what other MMO are you going to play? cause they all somehow suck worse

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm just going to let my sub run out. I'm just getting bored as fuck with the game. It's RDR2 or bust now. I don't think I could endure the Saurfang honor bullshit in 8.1 anyways.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I get the anger; this system is fucking infuriating and probably won't get changed to anything acceptable before this expansions life cycle ends. That being said, i'll still be playing it, cause as many of you can probably relate (especially those who've had to go through this exact thing in EQ), after investing so much god damn time, so many god damn years into this game, it's hard to just walk away from it even when it fucking sucks.

It's gonna take more than 1 2 3 4 shitty expansions to make me give this game up for good.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I usually only play a couple months into an expansion so I'm just doing my par for the course thing. I still do want to level a Shaman so maybe I get hooked on doing that. My sub doesn't run out till the 22nd.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Shaman is a bit slow to leveling, honestly leveling as a healer is faster because your damage is buffed as resto since they wanted to make healers viable in solo content.

Enhancement really picks up at level 40 when your auto attacks start giving you maelstrom. It really feels a lot more fast paced once you hit 40, I enjoy it

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I bought enough time to get the boat mount :(

• 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Here is how I've managed to enjoy this expansion so far, and it's the first expansion I've ever resorted to this.

First char leveled to 120 with quests and dungeons.

Next 4 chars leveled 110-120 in battlegrounds, skirmishes, and a few dungeons along the way to burn off rested exp. Once at 120, do whatever it takes to get 340ish base asap, hopefully warfront is open.

Bit slower than straight questing, but by the time you go 110-120 in BGs, your muscle memory on that char is ready to go for high rated arena gearing at 120. Your first battleground and epic battleground win of the day give twice as much exp, so I make sure to try for that, although it may take like 10 games to get a win sometimes. Even a loss is good exp and chance at gear, so if you foresee a loss, afk the rest of it and do something you enjoy IRL during that time.

Believe it or not, leveling this way will result in 17+ neck lvl, and gear you pretty well by 120. On alts, I only do one champions of azerite emissary to get friendly, and no further. All my alts are at friendly until they release some alt CoA catch up mechanism, I will not waste time grinding CoA rep after my main char.

If a char I want to play isn't already near 100 for legion invasions to 110, I just buy a 110 boost for $60. Going to boost a hpal and disc priest for arena soon. I like to have all healers available and ready to go with my RL friends who enjoy DPS classes in pvp. Downside of hitting 120 this way you have to go collect all flight paths, not too bad but feels like a complete waste of time. Once you're 320ilvl you can 100% afk warfronts for full starter gear minus rings/trinkets.

I like azerite from emissary, because I don't enjoy m+. And by don't enjoy, I mean I absolutely do not ever want to push m+ where I'm counting on 4 randoms to complete them correctly and on time. I will never put myself in that punishing position again.

Raids/LFR, no thanks. A 10+ minute fight Vs a boss? Never. I can barely handle doing my weekly world boss. I'm watching a world top 100 pvp streamer do arena and barely contributing to world boss fights. Island expeditions? Absolutely never.

I enjoy an aspect of the game that many of you do not, and if blizzard didn't cater to people like me as well, I would not be paying them a subscription. Overall I enjoy the game every expansion the way I play it.

As time goes on and AP is reduced weekly, I think people will complain less. By then they'll have figured out a way to give everyone access to all azerite traits most likely.

I hope there are drastic employee repercussions for:
-warforge/titanforge mechanic existing
-the entire azerite system
-azerite traits(legendaries), and trinkets now being usable in PVP again. Why all the sudden allow what you previously did not?

WF/TF seems to exist to keep people "logged in longer", doing things they otherwise wouldn't, praying the useless item WF/TF in to something useful. Didn't someone mention how long players are logged in is one of their main shareholder meeting statistics?

Last edited:
  • 1Picard