World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Aside from the first couple of weeks in to an expansion the starting faction gear rewards haven't been good for even a semi serious casual player since like MOP. The perks from getting exalted have pretty much been the mounts, toys, titles that you can get. I will agree that having four horses for the alliance is really bad though.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Can one of you guys help clear up a question on this shit since Bliz has done a horrid job of explaining the system.

Here is my understanding of the following

Reorigination Arry from with Uldir
You get 1 stack of the buff per week as long as you kill at least 3 Uldir bosses / stacking to 10 stacks total
They do not stack with other pieces.

What about the other side of it the base effect. Archive of the Titans and Lazer Matrix do these traits stack? Or can only one be active? Are you better off with only 1 Uldir trait and then using the others. I was looking through this shit earlier and there isn't nearly as clean an explanation as I would like. So Blizzard did a great job of making the system easier since reforging was to hard.

Archive of the Titans definitely stacks. Not sure about laser.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
Can one of you guys help clear up a question on this shit since Bliz has done a horrid job of explaining the system.

Here is my understanding of the following

Reorigination Arry from with Uldir
You get 1 stack of the buff per week as long as you kill at least 3 Uldir bosses / stacking to 10 stacks total
They do not stack with other pieces.

What about the other side of it the base effect. Archive of the Titans and Lazer Matrix do these traits stack? Or can only one be active? Are you better off with only 1 Uldir trait and then using the others. I was looking through this shit earlier and there isn't nearly as clean an explanation as I would like. So Blizzard did a great job of making the system easier since reforging was to hard.

Lasers stack also. There's a LOT of hidden information about stacking with traits (and don't get me started on the hidden pvp effectiveness that changes bi-weekly), but generally damage stacks and CDR, resource gen, etc. do not. Check bloodmallet for better info.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I think I'm done. If you don't have a good group of friends that all play at the exact same reliable time every day, M+ is pure garbage. Getting a high io and then mantaining it as the standards get higher and higher each week is nearly impossible. And then on top of that, if you decide to take a break for a while, by the time you get back, your io will be so low that forget about getting into a good group. And if you are already on 10's, by the time you get back you won't get into 8's.

WoW held me for a long time this time though, 3 months I think, maybe 4? BFA is just a dumpster fire. And even if they improve it I don't have much hope because the main way I play now is M+ and the whole io system is totally fucked if you don't have a strong group to play with.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Raider.io is a reliable way to see the gear and estimate the skill of a player you know nothing about. The only problem with it is what Onoes described and that's a deficiency in the Blizzard leaderboards that Raider.io can't really do anything about. Those scores are based on keys you've completed, both in time and not in time. It correlates directly to your experience in M+. It's very useful.

The bigger problem as I see it with M+ is player perception on specific classes/specs. If you play a spec the MDI teams deem undesirable gl getting groups, even with a very high Raider.io score. Shadow Priests are a good example of this in my opinion. After their recent buffs they are actually really good in M+. However, until an MDI team puts one on their rosters nobody will invite one despite the very high trash damage, very good sustained single target, and very high utility an Spriest brings.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Raider.io is a reliable way to see the gear and estimate the skill of a player you know nothing about. The only problem with it is what Onoes described and that's a deficiency in the Blizzard leaderboards that Raider.io can't really do anything about. Those scores are based on keys you've completed, both in time and not in time. It correlates directly to your experience in M+. It's very useful.

The bigger problem as I see it with M+ is player perception on specific classes/specs. If you play a spec the MDI teams deem undesirable gl getting groups, even with a very high Raider.io score. Shadow Priests are a good example of this in my opinion. After their recent buffs they are actually really good in M+. However, until an MDI team puts one on their rosters nobody will invite one despite the very high trash damage, very good sustained single target, and very high utility an Spriest brings.

The other problem is that if you don't have friends to play with, even if you are very good, your io will be low, and you can't carry a bad pug all on your own, so your io stays low, because you can't get into those high io groups to actually raise your io. So you have to inch it along very slowly and pray you just happen to get into a group full of people like you, that are good, know the dungeon, and just happen to be trapped in low io scores. It's a vicious cycle. That or convince a high io group you're actually good, which is what I've done and helped tremendously, because then they invite me back, but it only does so much when you play at different times and have to catch each other on, etc.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
That's because you guys aren't playing the game the way it was meant to be played. You are meant to log in queue up for a Warfront and AFK for loot, then if you are still bored you are suppose to queue up for LFR and AFK for loot.

Now if somehow neither of the above manage to scratch your MMO itch then you can AFK through an Island Expedition and AFK through a random Battleground. Where you guys went wrong was trying to play the game.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean, you aren't totally wrong. The issue is that I've been playing with the same group of friends off and on for 14 years... and not everyone still has it. Here is our group and our issues...

Me, DK tank 370 ilvl and 27 neck with almost no raiding. I fuck up here and there, but I put in time, research shit, prep, etc. I'm old school wow serious and pull about 7k DPS tanking.

Druid Healer, Ilvl 366 with 21 neck and no raiding. Great fucking player, best on our team, but he's had limited playtime this expansion. Pull between 1-3k DPS while healing.

Shadow Priest, Ilvl 361 with 28 neck and no raiding. Also great player who puts in time, but has had shit luck. Averages 11-12k dps but bitches about shadow constantly.

Outlaw Rogue, ilvl 368 with 24 neck and Raids. Super nice guy, pulls 11-13k dps, but dies constantly. Great attitude, but needs a lot of calling out to not die or to interrupt, etc.

Lastly, the real problem child. Afflic Warlock, ilvl 358 with ? neck, maybe 16 or 17 and no raids. He is pulling 7-8k dps (with me, the tank sometimes outdamaging him), on top of that, he gets hit by every mechanic, and is just really bad. It's crazy because he used to be super great, was a monster, but it seems like the last couple of years he just plays stoned, doesn't keep up with anything, and is just 100% dead weight. We are basically 4 manning most of these, to the point that we are all frustrated and talking about telling him that we're sorry but he's just not going to be able to go. It just sucks, because the 5 of us have been shit for years and years, but it just feels like he is burnt out and doesn't care. I about lost my mind last night when we completed a 10 and I told him to use one of his coins for another shot at loot, because its the highest possible loot he could get, and he goes "Where do I even get those this expansion?" and I just went "Are you serious? You haven't bought any this entire time? Have you been killing world bosses every week, doing arathi,or islands?" and he just sighed and went "Nah, all that shits the worst, I pretty much just log in to do these dungeons with you guys every week."

So yeah, the problem with trying to play with friends for fun >_< sometimes your friends are the terrible pugs.
Aww man that sucks. The warlock sounds like me though, like halfsies. My guild pushes heroic and I end up joining in on their Normal Alt run every week, but I have no coins for extra rolls, don't do wq, or Arathi. I agree with your bro. That shits the worst! At least I do love out of shit but I'm the worst at interupting .

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
The other problem is that if you don't have friends to play with, even if you are very good, your io will be low, and you can't carry a bad pug all on your own, so your io stays low, because you can't get into those high io groups to actually raise your io. So you have to inch it along very slowly and pray you just happen to get into a group full of people like you, that are good, know the dungeon, and just happen to be trapped in low io scores. It's a vicious cycle. That or convince a high io group you're actually good, which is what I've done and helped tremendously, because then they invite me back, but it only does so much when you play at different times and have to catch each other on, etc.

You can always give them your score from the end of legion as well as long as that one was decent. They can look it up so you have evidence you aren't a bad m+ player. Someone who was in the 1800 to 2400 range wouldn't become a burden after a couple of months.

I have found a couple of good players doing that so far this xpac.

I also totally agree on what khane says. I have finished 10 keys and above with the majority of the classes, including garbage tier shaman. The only time running pure meta is needed is when you are just getting to keys at the edge of your gear and skill limits. Just makes things easier.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I still don't understand why shaman is considered garbage? Is it just in high keys? I've taken my ele shaman up to +7 and usually am top dps plus have tons of utility. I like it way better than my balance druid.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I still don't understand why shaman is considered garbage? Is it just in high keys? I've taken my ele shaman up to +7 and usually am top dps plus have tons of utility. I like it way better than my balance druid.

For mythic+ specifically their survivability and mobility is trash which hurts them mightily. Utility wise they are strong, but their pure dps output is middle of the pack to bottom tier when stacked against the meta specs.

So out of the four areas you rate a dps or healing spec shamans are straight up garbo in two, okay to bad in one, and strong in one. You can just find better especially in the dps catagory. Not that it stops me from taking them if the player is good enough, but I can see why others wouldn't.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Yea when in doubt take a warrior. They'll just drive their dump truck on in there and wreck shit without requiring a brain. Works well for pve and pvp.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I've been lucky. I'm tanking on my blood dk or pally (sometimes I heal). Our primary dps players are a pair if rogues, a boomy, hunter, arms warrior, and warlock. I wish one of them played a frost mage too, but you can't have everything.

Our only real weak spot is we only have one real healing main and they play restoration shaman. Would love to find a dedicated mistweaver or resto druid.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Some guy was camping Thrallmar and I couldn't level up because he kept killing quest givers so instead I got on my main and camped him for about 30+ mins.

And then he called some guildies. And some more 120s joined me to deal with the guildies. And then they called more friends. And then the horde called more friends. And within about an hour there was a 15v15 raid going on in thrallmar as if it was a battleground. It was the goofiest shit I've ever seen.

I accidentally started a war, I just wanted to quest

For the Horde?

• 4Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 7 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Nice!

Before I accepted that it was a total waste of my time I use to one shot newbies with moonfires for the sole purpose of baiting them on to their mains to kill the main too. Always turned in to a brawl. Shadowmeld flight form and emote laugh from above

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ryoz

<Donor>
8pm est tonight my guild is doing a normal uldir run for fun and alts and stuff. If anyone has an alliance toon and is interested, let me know.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have been meaning to roll an alliance toon for a while just to dick around. Where do we have a presence on that side? I would rather have a couple people to chill with while leveling a new Dark Iron Bro than go at it alone on a random server.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I have a guild on proudmoore, decent size raid team, 5/8 heroic, not too tryhard but have solid people who like to push m+ too.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I play alliance primarily on Stormrage. Guild is probably too try hard for most people on this board but I don't mind helping out with M+ runs or the occasional Uldir pug.