World of Warcraft: Current Year

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
To be fair pugging mythic plus and pushing keys isn't that hard once you have the base. The best method to do it is push the current limit with a dedicated group (so at this point tens if you aren't a top fifty guild player). Then you can Pug them fairly carefree once your raider.IO score is set. Relatively pain free outside of the few outliers you find that somehow got carried continuously by elite players. Your average or below average player won't have a +10 on each key cleared in time at this point in the xpac so it is easy to sort the wheat from the chaff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching them fumble around with “fixes” to the game makes me glad I have that $15 in my pocket this month.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've been having real troubles motivating myself to log in. I'll probably be back more regularly when flying is in and I can more easily zoom around and collect all the battle pets and shit.

• 1Like

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
To be fair pugging mythic plus and pushing keys isn't that hard once you have the base. The best method to do it is push the current limit with a dedicated group (so at this point tens if you aren't a top fifty guild player). Then you can Pug them fairly carefree once your raider.IO score is set. Relatively pain free outside of the few outliers you find that somehow got carried continuously by elite players. Your average or below average player won't have a +10 on each key cleared in time at this point in the xpac so it is easy to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Man, I hate Raider.io and how it works. Raider.io scores you based on the top 500 clears based on server. So, I play on Tich, probably the most heavily populated realm, and I do mythics with 4 RL friends also on Tich. What that means is, I've had numerous +8's and +9's that haven't been recorded. A couple of the dungeons have my best listed as +2 or +3, from when I was starting out the first week. It's annoying, because I'm a 370 geared DK tank, and I get insta declined for every single higher lvl Mythic+ because my Raider.io score is too low, but there isn't fuck all I can do about that. If I was on a low pop server I would be +8's, +9's, and +10's down the row, but as it is my spread looks something like +9, +8, +8, +6, +3, +3, -, -, -, -, -

Balls.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Legion legendaries were way more frustrating than anything BFA has done, problem with BFA is that most of its new features are mostly ignorable. Warfronts take up all of 1 hour per month. Islands are for pet farming I guess? No point in farming Azerite unless your bleeding edge or you hate yourself. So you're left with the normal WoW shit. Raids and PVP. PVPers are happy doing the same shit they've been doing for the last 5 years.

The first raids been out for a bit so most people have hit their limit. It's either on farm status or even worse you've hit your groups skill cap and haven't been able to progress any further which just leaves everyone bored and angry. It's the MMO cycle of life.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man, I hate Raider.io and how it works. Raider.io scores you based on the top 500 clears based on server. So, I play on Tich, probably the most heavily populated realm, and I do mythics with 4 RL friends also on Tich. What that means is, I've had numerous +8's and +9's that haven't been recorded. A couple of the dungeons have my best listed as +2 or +3, from when I was starting out the first week. It's annoying, because I'm a 370 geared DK tank, and I get insta declined for every single higher lvl Mythic+ because my Raider.io score is too low, but there isn't fuck all I can do about that. If I was on a low pop server I would be +8's, +9's, and +10's down the row, but as it is my spread looks something like +9, +8, +8, +6, +3, +3, -, -, -, -, -

Balls.

Unfortunately that's all the Blizzard API supports.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I've been having real troubles motivating myself to log in. I'll probably be back more regularly when flying is in and I can more easily zoom around and collect all the battle pets and shit.

Yeah, I've had trouble getting myself psyched up over the last month, finally said fuck it and cancelled.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

Balls.

Yah that is the tools biggest draw back. My groups method is to have some alts on rp servers for the initial score grind. That way all our keys hit the leaderboard. Plus it's fun to be big dicking on your second alt who is pure m+ gear but better geared then the servers top couple of guilds.

Khane

You could just stop being sub 500 baddies instead of making alts.

I kid. I kid. Mostly

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yah that is the tools biggest draw back. My groups method is to have some alts on rp servers for the initial score grind. That way all our keys hit the leaderboard. Plus it's fun to be big dicking on your second alt who is pure m+ gear but better geared then the servers top couple of guilds.

I thought Bliz changed the way M+ was reported and it allowed RaiderIO can see all keys done now, not just the old top 100 (or whatever), per server. I dont PuG shit, so I haven't been following it that closely.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider

I kid. I kid. Mostly

What the fuck did you just fucking say about my gear, you little n00b? I’ll have you know I am a lvl 90 Undead Arcane Mage, and I’ve won so many PVP matches, and I have done raids on every 10 man heroic dungeon. I also have a fuckton of macros and I have a GS of 10K. You are nothing to me but just a lvl 12 gnome hunter. I will pwn the fuck out of you with Arcane Missiles the likes of which has never been seen before on Azeroth AND Outland, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over raid? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my guild of mages and shamans across The Eastern Kingdoms and your character is being targeted right now so you better prepare for the ownage, n00b. The Arcane Barrage that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your character. You’re fucking pwn'd, n00b. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my secondary talent tree. Not only am I extensively trained in Arcane magic, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Fire magic and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable neckbeard off the face of Azeroth, you little faggot. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re getting debuffed, you goddamnn00b. I will shit Dragon's Breath all over you and you will burn in it. You’re fucking pwn'd

• 1Repost
  • 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I thought Bliz changed the way M+ was reported and it allowed RaiderIO can see all keys done now, not just the old top 100 (or whatever), per server. I dont PuG shit, so I haven't been following it that closely.

Not that I'm aware of. Still based off of the top 500.

I am a bad khane. I also tend to not be able to run m+ until the weekend or Monday night. Which hurts the leaderboard chances on a realm like stormrage.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider

I kid. I kid. Mostly

I mean, you aren't totally wrong. The issue is that I've been playing with the same group of friends off and on for 14 years... and not everyone still has it. Here is our group and our issues...

Me, DK tank 370 ilvl and 27 neck with almost no raiding. I fuck up here and there, but I put in time, research shit, prep, etc. I'm old school wow serious and pull about 7k DPS tanking.

Druid Healer, Ilvl 366 with 21 neck and no raiding. Great fucking player, best on our team, but he's had limited playtime this expansion. Pull between 1-3k DPS while healing.

Shadow Priest, Ilvl 361 with 28 neck and no raiding. Also great player who puts in time, but has had shit luck. Averages 11-12k dps but bitches about shadow constantly.

Outlaw Rogue, ilvl 368 with 24 neck and Raids. Super nice guy, pulls 11-13k dps, but dies constantly. Great attitude, but needs a lot of calling out to not die or to interrupt, etc.

Lastly, the real problem child. Afflic Warlock, ilvl 358 with ? neck, maybe 16 or 17 and no raids. He is pulling 7-8k dps (with me, the tank sometimes outdamaging him), on top of that, he gets hit by every mechanic, and is just really bad. It's crazy because he used to be super great, was a monster, but it seems like the last couple of years he just plays stoned, doesn't keep up with anything, and is just 100% dead weight. We are basically 4 manning most of these, to the point that we are all frustrated and talking about telling him that we're sorry but he's just not going to be able to go. It just sucks, because the 5 of us have been shit for years and years, but it just feels like he is burnt out and doesn't care. I about lost my mind last night when we completed a 10 and I told him to use one of his coins for another shot at loot, because its the highest possible loot he could get, and he goes "Where do I even get those this expansion?" and I just went "Are you serious? You haven't bought any this entire time? Have you been killing world bosses every week, doing arathi,or islands?" and he just sighed and went "Nah, all that shits the worst, I pretty much just log in to do these dungeons with you guys every week."

So yeah, the problem with trying to play with friends for fun >_< sometimes your friends are the terrible pugs.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm a bad who really hasn't done dungeons since Mists. Fuck it. My highest m+ during legion was like a 12 that I did while completely bored, utterly wasted one night and didn't realize it until the next morning. Had all BiS from raiding, so didn't matter anyway.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Been doing keys with the same healer, tank and 1 other dps since mid Legion, healer quit wow this week though. It's hard to find semi-competent people who can laugh it off when someone does the stupidest shit to kill a key instead of raging/tilting.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Due to my life I wasnt able to grind m+ like some, but every Friday after raids the same group would do m+ for a couple hours and it was probably the more fun part of my week.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I mean, you aren't totally wrong. The issue is that I've been playing with the same group of friends off and on for 14 years... and not everyone still has it. Here is our group and our issues...

Me, DK tank 370 ilvl and 27 neck with almost no raiding. I fuck up here and there, but I put in time, research shit, prep, etc. I'm old school wow serious and pull about 7k DPS tanking.

Druid Healer, Ilvl 366 with 21 neck and no raiding. Great fucking player, best on our team, but he's had limited playtime this expansion. Pull between 1-3k DPS while healing.

Shadow Priest, Ilvl 361 with 28 neck and no raiding. Also great player who puts in time, but has had shit luck. Averages 11-12k dps but bitches about shadow constantly.

Outlaw Rogue, ilvl 368 with 24 neck and Raids. Super nice guy, pulls 11-13k dps, but dies constantly. Great attitude, but needs a lot of calling out to not die or to interrupt, etc.

Lastly, the real problem child. Afflic Warlock, ilvl 358 with ? neck, maybe 16 or 17 and no raids. He is pulling 7-8k dps (with me, the tank sometimes outdamaging him), on top of that, he gets hit by every mechanic, and is just really bad. It's crazy because he used to be super great, was a monster, but it seems like the last couple of years he just plays stoned, doesn't keep up with anything, and is just 100% dead weight. We are basically 4 manning most of these, to the point that we are all frustrated and talking about telling him that we're sorry but he's just not going to be able to go. It just sucks, because the 5 of us have been shit for years and years, but it just feels like he is burnt out and doesn't care. I about lost my mind last night when we completed a 10 and I told him to use one of his coins for another shot at loot, because its the highest possible loot he could get, and he goes "Where do I even get those this expansion?" and I just went "Are you serious? You haven't bought any this entire time? Have you been killing world bosses every week, doing arathi,or islands?" and he just sighed and went "Nah, all that shits the worst, I pretty much just log in to do these dungeons with you guys every week."

So yeah, the problem with trying to play with friends for fun >_< sometimes your friends are the terrible pugs.
Add a few more players and essentially this was the problem transitioning to a mythic guild

• 1Like

Khane

I have a regular group I run M+ with but when they aren't on and I PUG the biggest problem I have is people expecting MDI perfection, trying to emulate what they see on Jdotb's stream, and then getting agitated to the point of rage quitting after one small mishap. It doesn't happen often. In fact most of my PUGs are filled with people who have reasonable expectations and perform well. But it's really frustrating when it does happen, because I want to finish the run for my loot and they make it a completely unpleasant experience.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Can one of you guys help clear up a question on this shit since Bliz has done a horrid job of explaining the system.

Here is my understanding of the following

Reorigination Arry from with Uldir
You get 1 stack of the buff per week as long as you kill at least 3 Uldir bosses / stacking to 10 stacks total
They do not stack with other pieces.

What about the other side of it the base effect. Archive of the Titans and Lazer Matrix do these traits stack? Or can only one be active? Are you better off with only 1 Uldir trait and then using the others. I was looking through this shit earlier and there isn't nearly as clean an explanation as I would like. So Blizzard did a great job of making the system easier since reforging was to hard.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I really feel let down by the Exalted rewards for these factions. I can't imagine it being possible to get to Exalted status with any of these and still consider a 350 item to be an upgrade. That and the 10k gold each for different colored basic horses is just stupid.