World of Warcraft: Current Year

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
You do not, my druid is 369 and gets 355 azerite.

Edit: Further noting that if you have 370 neck and 370 in every other slot but 340 azerites, you're only at 364 ilvl, relying pretty heavily on wf/tf to get those last 6 ilvls in order to finally get 370s - maybe. This entire fix does nothing to address getting the same piece over and over etc.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
I got a 355 azerite as well while having multiple 370 azerite pieces and being 369 in holy with a 375 neck

so... not sure why I got a 355

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
They are quaking in their boots afraid that the hardcore delicate flowers will get their panties in a bunch if people are able to upgrade to 370 by doing Emissary Quests, so they set that limit to make sure it was pure sidegrade only.

I didnt even bother doing any M+ this past week. I was already feeling kinda 'meh' about the content and then having people whine that I don't have sufficiently high Raider.io score to do M+4 put me over the edge.

Burns

My DK is 368 and it says 370 for him.

This.

Bag ilevel 368 was the correct cut off for me as well. I had 367.8 bag ilevel when I logged on and the the emissary was 355. I got a piece of gear and it bumped me over 368 (bag), and the emissary became 370.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Sounds like the bag ilvl is just as RNG as the rest of the system. Some people reporting 369+ and getting 355, some people saying 368 gave them 370...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Someone posted in discord earlier, but a GM responded to a ticket because the reward said "370" but they got a 355 piece. The GM's response..

The reward meant that the potential cap on the emissary reward was raised to 370, but you wouldn't necessarily get a 370.

Go ahead guys, unsub.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
WoW GMs are well trained Noodle. I opened a ticket about not being able to click the dice on a bonus roll on Mythrax this week. It just wouldn't let me roll. The response I got was:

"I think I know what happened, you already killed Mythrax this week and that's why you couldn't bonus roll"

Not only had I not killed Mythrax on any difficulty at all except that one Heroic kill, something a GM can check very easily, but I'm pretty sure you can bonus roll on subsequent kills anyway.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
There was a dude in my guild who is ilvl 377 and got a 355 reward. Another had a 368 alt, 369 main. 368 had a 355 reward, 369 had a 370 reward. My monk is 376 and had a 370 reward. My mage is 353, had a 355 reward. Shaman is 351, had a 340 reward. Druid is 343, had a 340 reward.

They made a tweet that the reward is based on the highest soulbound piece of gear you have gotten in each slot, which makes it sound like it is supposed to be based on your ilvl (bag ilvl basically), but it definitely seems like there is more to it than that... Either way, a piece of random emissary equipment that is available, what? Once a week maybe? Ya, that doesn't really help here boys we still can't fucking farm azerite gear. Morons.

Also GMs don't know what the fuck they are talking about so I wouldn't take anything they say seriously.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, this isn't a dealbreaker for me as I was already feeling completely meh about this expansion but I went ahead and hit the ole "cancel subscription" button this morning. Unlocked Mag'har/DI Dorfs, got 3 characters to 120, raided a bit, did a bit of M+, and everything outside of that sucked. Hopefully the A+ team is working on a new game or something, Diablo 4 wru....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
GM's don't know what they're talking about, that's true. But you can't ignore the evidence. People are getting loot rolled all over the place, with mysterious shit about bag ilvl, or highest azerite ilvl, or moon phase. It's stupid. It's either a giant bug AGAIN, or they made an idiot decision AGAIN.

I keep getting the itch to come back, but then stories like this just make me realize I need to wait until this expansion is out of beta.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Last night I was at 369 and the chest was showing 355 for me. I decided to wait until after the reset to see if it would adjust. Nothing says great design more than convoluted bullshit that nobody can really figure out. Some people were saying it was based on your Azerite level but I dont know how much merit there is to that.

What is kind of amazing is somehow between the titanforge bullshit, the rng on rng on rng aspect of current gear, the shit level azerite traits, they have managed to make people not care about gear in the slightest. I think this might be an expansion of casually leveling alts and farming mounts instead of giving any fucks about current content until all the faggot ass time gating shit is removed in 8.3 or whatever.

On another subject why do people throw such a fit over Raider.io? It's just a tool that does the best it can to measure your previous experience in M+, Given the sheer number of DPS that queue up even if I list a +2 I don't blame people for trying to be selective.

Khane

It's probably based on something idiotic like average ilvl of your current azerite pieces. Or neck level. Or some combination of that which ignores all your other slots completely.

Also, Blizzard doesn't do any of this loot drought RNG bullshit because of any complaints of the "hardcore" playerbase. Players like me don't give a shit if someone who logs in once a week and does WQs can get 370 gear. We only care about what is available to us as a reward for the time we spend playing. We don't give a flying fuck about what everyone else is doing or getting.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Last night I was at 369 and the chest was showing 355 for me. I decided to wait until after the reset to see if it would adjust. Nothing says great design more than convoluted bullshit that nobody can really figure out. Some people were saying it was based on your Azerite level but I dont know how much merit there is to that.

What is kind of amazing is somehow between the titanforge bullshit, the rng on rng on rng aspect of current gear, the shit level azerite traits, they have managed to make people not care about gear in the slightest. I think this might be an expansion of casually leveling alts and farming mounts instead of giving any fucks about current content until all the faggot ass time gating shit is removed in 8.3 or whatever.

On another subject why do people throw such a fit over Raider.io? It's just a tool that does the best it can to measure your previous experience in M+, Given the sheer number of DPS that queue up even if I list a +2 I don't blame people for trying to be selective.
People forget that if it wasn't raider.io it was always something else.

Back in WOTLK I remember Gearscore being a thing.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Goddamn read this and it sounds like they don't even know what the fuck they are doing.

As far as GM's go they are all fucking retarded now. If you ever have a real issue you have to ask to get past the first tier $10 and hour call center clowns who are reading from their scripts. "Did you try turning off all your addons" - Did you try fucking yourself with a rusty tire iron?

Khane

People forget that if it wasn't raider.io it was always something else.

Back in WOTLK I remember Gearscore being a thing.

Gearscore was a truly idiotic measurement of experience. Raider.io is a fairly accurate representation. If people can't get into groups because their current io score is too low they should be making their own groups to build it up. It's not like they don't have their own keystones.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Gearscore was a truly idiotic measurement of experience. Raider.io is a fairly accurate representation. If people can't get into groups because their current io score is too low make they should be making their own groups to build it up. It's not like they don't have their own keystones.

Yeah that's what I don't get either. Ilvl or gearscore does tell you that a person has loot it doesn't tell you much beyond that, in the current state of the game with the amount of welfare gear and faggotforged 395+ from collecting bear assholes it's meaningless. Raider.IO at least tells me that you have ran the dungeon before and on what level, so I know if you have completed a +8 Kings Rest you just might have some idea of the instance and the mechanics, now I don't know what affixes you cleared it with, I don't know if you are a complete toxic asshole I don't really know anything so when I am pugging in randos I am trying to weed through applicants the best I can to get the job done.

Now do some people take it to far and require ever higher scores that make no sense, sure they do. They have done that for ages even with gear score and shit. Also some people are just wanting to do the run quickly and want an overgeared team. I am sure I can go on and on about it but I don't understand the salt or butthurt about it. My Raider.Io score is much lower than I would like it to be, hell I am not even listed on every dungeon for this expac, I could fix that easy enough but I am not worried about the grind for it since I try and group with guildmates as often as possible but I certainty don't get the crying about people who use it to protect their keys.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I always made my own groups anyways. Raider.io is a pretty good indication of a player's experience, I never really used it though.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Welcome to Battle for Azeroth Beta and stupid GM's

fiuggrrui5r11.png

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Oh yea I forgot about that. I got a piece of Azerite gear with no Azerite traits on it yesterday in Arathi as well.