World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hey there's nothing wrong with BFA as long as you enjoy playing other games instead

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Isnt he some sort of director there now? Why the fuck does he not give them all an ultimatum? Either they fix the shit or...

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well last I heard he was the quest design director. So these storylines are all literally his fault.

He also shit on all the good Garrosh storyline stuff as being his fault and not in line with what the overarching story was supposed to be. Despite his contributions making it superior to what they shitted it up with. The Garrosh in thousand needles thing was all him.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Where would they even begin? It's like the development team has just been aimlessly following loose guide lines all expansion.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hey there's nothing wrong with BFA as long as you enjoy playing other games instead

That’s a good point I have been playing other games since BFA was released, as it seems everyone else has too if the sub numbers are that low.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Isnt he some sort of director there now? Why the fuck does he not give them all an ultimatum? Either they fix the shit or...

Tigole and Furor probably got in early enough before WOW was a success that they both have untouchable status and fat stacks of cash enough that they don’t care anymore and just phone it in.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I do wonder if Jeff’s semi MIA status regarding OW updates is because of work on OW2

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, large scale battles are a no-go but aoe farming alliance is hilarious.

Also as far as grand entrances go, Nazjatar certainly sets the bar extremely high (not even really counting the ingame cinematic). I dig it.

Merrith

Yeah, large scale battles are a no-go but aoe farming alliance is hilarious.

Also as far as grand entrances go, Nazjatar certainly sets the bar extremely high (not even really counting the ingame cinematic). I dig it.

Actually thought it was pretty weak how abrupt it was. Talk to harbor master then poof you're on ships and her she goes with Tidestone. Not that I'm expecting some drawn out narrative but shit, was like "oh hey" and you're just in Nazjatar. Zone looks pretty cool at least I guess.

xzi

Mouthbreather
When you get there it's basically a big gigantic fuck stage piece, the ship falling from above the waves in front of you really sold it for me

But that's just me I guess :p

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I resubbed to play through the new zones, new dungeon looks good, flying mounts weee heeee. Something to pass the time before Classic I suppose - sounds like most classes still play like shite, so I'm trying to decide on my fury warr or DH to stumble around new content with this next few weeks.....

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nazjatar is pretty buggy (rares spawning in walls, constantly evading etc) and also Tanaan Jungle levels of frustrating to navigate.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Nazjatar is pretty buggy (rares spawning in walls, constantly evading etc) and also Tanaan Jungle levels of frustrating to navigate.
So, it's good to go, highest quality, not content from a small indie developer?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I logged into 8.2 and I have to admit I don’t know what I was expecting but it’s basically Argus zone that’s just as annoying to get around in. It’s probably a combination of there is no one in the forum guild that Noodle abandoned so there isn’t anyone to communicate with without bailing and just being more of the same, the essences might be cool and the 5 tier azerite gear might be interesting? But really it’s just more grinding for bullshit. I will play it some and maybe over the next couple of months do the new raid and dazar alor but in general I just don’t know if I care anymore.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I logged into 8.2 and I have to admit I don’t know what I was expecting but it’s basically Argus zone that’s just as annoying to get around in. It’s probably a combination of there is no one in the forum guild that Noodle abandoned so there isn’t anyone to communicate with without bailing and just being more of the same, the essences might be cool and the 5 tier azerite gear might be interesting? But really it’s just more grinding for bullshit. I will play it some and maybe over the next couple of months do the new raid and dazar alor but in general I just don’t know if I care anymore.
Literally think BFA was the straw that broke this camel's back. They're gonna need to drop something great to get me back. Besides classic. Played every expansion, but don't think I quit as soon as I did with this one. I even bought the 6mo sub for the ship mount, but literally didn't log in for those 6mo. Oh well.

The power trickle is too slow. Legion had that shit about perfect. Tried about nine different specs and it all just felt like garbage after losing so much. On top of shit just not being fun (islands, Warfront, etc etc). Dungeons were OK, I guess?

I had fun in every other expansion, even stuck out early cata and wod for quite a while (and literally LFR heroed). No idea how they could fuck up this bad. Game looks better than ever, just everything else is dumb.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been saying for a while that I don't get the people praising 8.2 as the Holy Grail. The game is just the same as it was before the patch. Flying and smoke screening the way AP works isn't going to make the game different. If you enjoyed it before 8.2 you probably will now. If you didn't enjoy it before 8.2 it's not going to magically make it awesome.

• 1Repost

Araxen

I've been saying for a while that I don't get the people praising 8.2 as the Holy Grail. The game is just the same as it was before the patch. Flying and smoke screening the way AP works isn't going to make the game different. If you enjoyed it before 8.2 you probably will now. If you didn't enjoy it before 8.2 it's not going to magically make it awesome.

It's people that have been playing a very long time and are grasping to anything that gives them a glimmer of hope that this game isn't dying.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users