World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fucker

Log Wizard
Well last I heard he was the quest design director. So these storylines are all literally his fault.

He also shit on all the good Garrosh storyline stuff as being his fault and not in line with what the overarching story was supposed to be. Despite his contributions making it superior to what they shitted it up with. The Garrosh in thousand needles thing was all him.

IIRC, he is head of world design which also includes quests and inclusion of story. Basically, in charge of geography and quests and related things. He's been at it halfway through Legion, I guess.

I could be wrong.

These things have been fine for a long time...he's not the cancer at Blizz. That honor falls on EVERYONE else.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Lukewarm perception doesn't mean shit when D3 was the highest selling PC game of all time in that era. Plus added RMAH sales. (It's still #3 highest selling)
Yeah, that was at a time when everyone thought Blizzard could do nothing wrong. Also, of the 3.5 million sales in the first 24 hours 1.2 million were from the WoW promo.

With reception I didn't mean sales, I meant the reaction the players had. There was lots of "this isn't what I expected from a Diablo game". The metacritic page of Diablo 3 still has 88 metascore with a 4.1 user score in contrast.

Also, compared to the sales for the original game the sales for Reaper of Souls seemed to have dropped off a cliff, which led management to believe that people bought it, hated it, didn't buy the first expansion and surely won't return for a second expansion pack.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Literally think BFA was the straw that broke this camel's back. They're gonna need to drop something great to get me back. Besides classic. Played every expansion, but don't think I quit as soon as I did with this one. I even bought the 6mo sub for the ship mount, but literally didn't log in for those 6mo. Oh well.

They knew this was going to happen for many players and it's exactly why they introduced that ship in order to tie people into paying for 6 months. They pulled the same with the Tyriel mount/D3. The "fear of missing out" on limited time shit overpowers our good consumer sense. You wouldn't have rationally chosen to pay $78-$90 for a silly mount, but that's what eventually happened.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They knew this was going to happen for many players and it's exactly why they introduced that ship in order to tie people into paying for 6 months. They pulled the same with the Tyriel mount/D3. The "fear of missing out" on limited time shit overpowers our good consumer sense. You wouldn't have rationally chosen to pay $78-$90 for a silly mount, but that's what eventually happened.

This is true but at the time I knew I was going to buy D3 that was a given after D2, and I would be playing WoW what I didn’t know is they would turn both into full on dumpster fires. Buying the boat + 6 month thing was stupid but at the time I figured I would play on and off at the very least.

But I’ll tell you what even as a returning player with 15 years of experience playing this game I still feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of shit systems and currencies in this game, then you add in all the arbitrary restrictions, the sheer over abundance and need of addons, I can’t imagine a brand new player could pick up WoW and could even get past all the bloated bullshit.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I would really like to check out Mechagon... but I know that by now people will need some ludicrous gear score to be allowed in a group for even a Mythic-0 run of the new Mega Dungeon which effectively locks me out of ever experiencing the content. You would think they would do more to lure people like me back by making at least some token effort to make the content accessible.

• 1Picard

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I would really like to check out Mechagon... but I know that by now people will need some ludicrous gear score to be allowed in a group for even a Mythic-0 run of the new Mega Dungeon which effectively locks me out of ever experiencing the content. You would think they would do more to lure people like me back by making at least some token effort to make the content accessible.

Are you serious right now? Every patch like this is a gear reset.

• 1Like

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Customers: I want content to be more accessible!

Also customers: there is no sense of RPG progression because everything is handed to me.

Fuck off, you're why the game sucks.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

There are many things to complain about in WoW but being able to access content isn't one of them. They bend over backwards to ensure even the most worthless failure faggot can access their shit content.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is meant to be a fun entertainment activity. Blizzard's whole value proposition from day 1 was to take basic game types and make them incredibly accessible for people to enjoy and thus open up the hobby to more and more people.

When you are hemorrhaging subscriptions and customers are fleeing in droves maybe, just maybe, creating an environment where people are meant to feel like 'worthless failure faggots' is not the best call.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This is meant to be a fun entertainment activity. Blizzard's whole value proposition from day 1 was to take basic game types and make them incredibly accessible for people to enjoy and thus open up the hobby to more and more people.

When you are hemorrhaging subscriptions and customers are fleeing in droves maybe, just maybe, creating an environment where people are meant to feel like 'worthless failure faggots' is not the best call.

You should reread what was typed and think it through. The game goes out of it's way to make you feel like a hero as you dominate content outside of high level Mythic+ and Mythic raids with barely more than a pulse.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
People just can't seem to let this game go despite how bad it has gotten. They keep holding on hoping it will get better.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
People just can't seem to let this game go despite how bad it has gotten. They keep holding on hoping it will get better.
You know, WoW is not like that all the time, only when he's drunk, he treats me like a real lady the rest of the time, and he apologizes after stuff like that happens.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
8.2 was a step in the right direction. Just sucks I'm at the point where there is nothing to do in Nazjatar until dailies reset

• 1Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
So hard to resist re subbing after reading stuff like this.

They made a quest where you have to level up your Nazjatar follower to 3 to progress. Doing the quests yesterday got mine to a little over 2. It's the last quest I can do in the zone at the moment.

The Benthic gear system is awesome tho.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I re-subbed to get flying which was a mistake. I did half of Nazjatar, logged out and most likely won't be logging back in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
When you are hemorrhaging subscriptions and customers are fleeing in droves
This wasn't happening when the game wasn't handed to you on a silver platter. Now it is, and they keep making the platter bigger, and more and more people are leaving! Really gets the noggin joggin!

Games cease being fun the instant it is no longer challenging and/or rewarding.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hate time gating, first off. The dumbest shit ever. Rep grinding in its current iteration is just a disguised time gate. The content looks like it would be fun the first few play throughs - but thats it.

I re-subbed to get flying which was a mistake. I did half of Nazjatar, logged out and most likely won't be logging back in.

You knew it wouldnt be worth the resub though? lol

Khane

This wasn't happening when the game wasn't handed to you on a silver platter. Now it is, and they keep making the platter bigger, and more and more people are leaving! Really gets the noggin joggin!

Games cease being fun the instant it is no longer challenging and/or rewarding.

That isn't the issue. BfA is arguably more challenging than Legion but people didn't leave in droves during Legion and BfA essentially uses all the same systems. They just made them more annoying and difficult without adding anything new or interesting.

Warfronts are PvE battlegrounds.
Islands are instanced, outdoor dungeons with bad rewards.
WQs are still WQs.
Time-gating still cockblocks everything.
M+ is a shell of it's former self and the new dungeons are not nearly as fun or interesting.
They keep phoning in the patch "island" content.

They either lack creativity, or are foregoing it in favor of milking the game while keeping costs as low as possible. You can't give players a copy of the previous expansion but "harder" and expect anyone to be happy with it. They should know that from Cataclysm but oh well. At least maybe they'll bleed enough subs a la WoD and we'll get a good expansion next time around? I didn't read any of those reddit leaks so I have no idea what the theories are.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Khane

You knew it wouldnt be worth the resub though? lol

I knew it would be more of the same but I tricked myself into thinking I could power through it to save myself time and hassle later on if I ever decided to play again. They really outdid themselves with the time-gating this time around though. They brought dailies back (fucking lol) and limited it to 5? WQs per day in Nazjatar.

• 1Worf