World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cybsled

It isn’t even that they are WQs which are a terrible addition to the game, it’s that they are Facebook faggot mini games for WQ. Bring turtles to the water, flip and match this dogshit, move dipshit turtle through the flags. Fuck you I didn’t pick this kind of game to play candy crush you fucking American Inventors. New WQs are basically candy crush match the yellow icons, and unravel this web, what the fuck is this shit? Why the fuck are you forcing shit that is so disconnected from the goddamn game down our throats. It’s bad enough you scumfucks made Pokémon into the game and those are now WQs too.

I like the mini game WQ. More interesting than collect 5 naga asses or set fire to 15 crates

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The mythic+ dungeons in BFA just weren't fun, but I never got to really do the Legion mythic+s as a comparison. The effort required on the trash just burned me and my group out. And many of the 2 and 3 tier key affixes were pure cancer and spiked the difficulty from week to week to a ridiculous level.

I know everyone's said everything there is to say about the things but I really wish they weren't all inherently a speed run. It just lead to me feeling stressed out instead of challenged as I'm fucking racing everywhere trying to keep everyone healed while not really being given the amount of time to do so and feeling like I'm holding up the whole show if I have to drink.

Also, when I hid the timer that means I don't want to see the timer. Having it automatically pop out when someone dies is one of the most aggravating goddamn things. I don't want to see it and the game refuses to let me keep my shame concealed. SOMEONE TOOK A DIRT NAP HERE'S THE TIME. Little crap like that (also related, constantly telling me I have an unspent talent point over and over and over again) contributes to me not having a good time more than so many larger issues.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I feel like the people designing the game systems don't really play RPGs and don't know what they are doing, just trying to iterate the systems people who knew what they were doing made.

It's like those games journalists who are shit at playing games. Imagine those people being game developers and we know why they keep removing game systems.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know exactly what killed BFA for me. I loved doing the dungeons in Legion and its why I played for so long. This time around? They f'n sucked. Combine that with azerite gear, the neck, characters feeling weak af, and content that was just pointless.. and it's just.. not something I want to play. I never would have anticipated that I would go back to FFXIV and like it as much as I am, thats for sure.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Essences and Benthic gear mixed with the build-your-own-trinket from Mechagon are more systems I want to see in the overall game and are something they need to actually bring forward instead of ditching as soon as 9.0 hits

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Getting a piece of Azerite the same ilevel as something I already had but that required another ten neck levels was mobile game tier. I need some goddamn artistry with my skinner box.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I do agree that mythic+ being time based is a terrible mechanic. MMOs were fun because they were dungeon crawlers. Somehow blizzard ruined that dungeon crawl feel and turned them into hectic speed runs and its just.. not fun. If i want to play something fast pace ill go play a FPS. I love the concept of m+ (dungeons getting harder), but I think the time mechanic is overplayed and needs to be innovated on.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I do agree that mythic+ being time based is a terrible mechanic. MMOs were fun because they were dungeon crawlers. Somehow blizzard ruined that dungeon crawl feel and turned them into hectic speed runs and its just.. not fun. If i want to play something fast pace ill go play a FPS. I love the concept of m+ (dungeons getting harder), but I think the time mechanic is overplayed and needs to be innovated on.
Full BRD speedruns, go.

• 1Barf

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Every new expansion, Blizzard just adds more content locked behind story progression. Its a game for fuck's sake, let us just play it instead of watching it. What's awful is some of these scenarios won't let you group up - so you have to solo them every time. I have multiple characters, so now each damn one has to go through this stupid new Heart of Azeroth solo just to unlock some stupid new ideas when they just could've rigged the damn neck piece with some jumper cables in the chamber. I want to play the game already, quit putting shit in my way.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They added a vendor where you can get the specific piece that you want with no RNG involved. Do high keys to get the currency for it and buy it after a few weeks. Scrapping and d/e also give you some, the higher the content the more you get.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They added a vendor where you can get the specific piece that you want with no RNG involved. Do high keys to get the currency for it and buy it after a few weeks. Scrapping and d/e also give you some, the higher the content the more you get.

The sad part about stuff like that is it always come back to why wasn't that shit in from the start. Just like the Lego vendor in legion

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It was a substantial detriment to player choice and the system as a whole. Being able to dork around and explore a system is a big part of what I like about games and BfA routinely shut the door on my attempts to do so. Between not being able to build the meme sets I wanted and other traits not stacking/working like I thought they would it didn't take long before I stopped caring and wore whatever I thought sounded the fanciest.

No one ever whispered me that some rando shit I was using was crap so I guess it didn't matter? Maybe at mythic I would have gotten the bus but everything has conditioned me to regard mythic raiding as a hassle rather than the natural step for progression. That content looks like all stick no carrot.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Wasn't it slightly more than a few weeks? Something like 8+?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So many of these fake leaks but they are always interesting to think about. They will have to announce some shit at Blizzcon this year otherwise I am sure there will be some falling out.

After the conclusion of the final patch of BFA, Horde and Alliance will join as one.

If you desire to play your old characters (BE, NE, Human, Dwarf, Orc, etc) you will log into the Chamber of Heart where you and magni where trapped in stasis for 15 years.

You will be level 30 if you were level 120 in BFA. There is a chart that basically showed what level you would be if you were in X level range.

Max level will be 60 with a full old world revamp with Northrend being planned for one of the major patches.

Cataclysm helped develop many tools that made the revamp much easier. The bigger team helped a great deal as well compared to what was had during Cata.

Every old race will be under one faction now with a majority of cities being destroyed or taken over by the new faction who follow under Xal'atath.

Xal'atath is not who you guys think it is. Its apparently far worse. Literally remember someone explaining that to us. "Soo much worse". Those who follow under her need to discover who they are in the world and what they value.

Alot of the names of characters and the three new races for each faction have been kept hush hush until we get closer to Blizzcon, especially with how low moral was around there.

I dont know which races of the old factions will be able to pick to be on the other side, but at least two will be allowed to switch from what I understand. Personally feel like this is so they dont have to make so many new races for the new faction. Your choices with Sylvanas for example and upcoming alliance 8.3 choices are supposed to hint at this possibility.

All of Northrend and a majority of Kalimdor is taken over by Xal'ataths forces with a little bit of Eastern Kindoms taken. Azeroths forces will have a small part of Kalimdor. Northrend will come later and I assume the Lich King will come into play as well.

Smolderon is not doing so good. Revival of Ragnaros is complete during the 15 years skip. Xal'atath is trying to escape the light and the void. There will be a heavy Elemental, Void, and Death theme in 1-60 leveling in each zone. Everything is like this, some zones will have simple adventures that lead into other zones that have these themes. Classic wow was really looked at and the adventures that people had back then is what inspired a majority of the development.

They are looking at giving a reason for players to play the new faction sooner so that there will be some sort of balance.

Free faction / guild faction changes at the start and a possibility of switching factions to the new one with a quest have been talked about. As far as I know nothing is set in stone yet.

Never seen the team pour more into an expansion as much as they have with this one. 10.0 was delayed more than any other expansion in recent times because so much work has been put into 9.0 that it delayed it. They expect it to last longer than any other expansion and Northrend is supposed to be a mini expansion as well.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So this is actually interesting... thing is did they do fucking any of this besides buttfucking prot warriors?

Mythic+ Information
  • Blizzard feels that you don't kill enough trash on most dungeons. There will be a fairly large trash % rebalance coming in 8.2 to address this.
    • Possibly giving mini-bosses give a lot of %, because now they are mostly skipped because they are not efficient to kill.
  • Blizzard is really excited to add more rewards to M+ Seasons, like titles and mounts. They said that at the latest in 9.0, MAAAAAAAYBE something in Season 3.
  • No new base affixes until 9.0
  • Nothing confirmed yet, but Blizzard is considering having a more single-target focused affix for Season 3's seasonal affix. Just ideas right now.
  • Blizzard biggest regret with Reaping is that it is too easy.
  • Kiss/curse affixes don't fit in any of the current affix buckets (+4 and +7), so they feel those would need a separate bucket.
  • Blizzard is looking into balance for the affix combos. You shouldn't struggle to complete a +12 if you can complete a +15 with a different combo.
  • Blizzard is considering completely removing 1 or 2 of the combos completely.
  • Blizzard is exploring affix combo difficulties instead of messing with dungeon difficulty.
  • Blizzard is considering having something like a Raider.io score in-game, but nothing planned right now.
    • Blizzard's plan about a scoring system is to fix some issues from community-driven ones, like having affixes matter and other contextual information added to it.
  • Motherlode is a big problem as far as trash goes, Blizzard is uncertain what to do with it.
  • Balance between ranged and melee isn't good right now, there isn't enough danger to melee, making their contribution to the group more relevant.
  • They are considering rebalancing hard CCs so they work all similarly, like allowing people to run by Sheep targets or not allowing people to run by Sap targets. No decisions yet.
  • Blizzard is looking at unavoidable damage, specially 1-shot mechanics, to maybe give players option to react / prevent it.
  • 9.0 will be the "great affix revist"
  • Shadowmeld is an issue right now because of Reaping. They aren't going to nerf it outright. If anything they will make Reaping ignore Shadowmeld in some way.
  • Snapping isn't something that should happen. Hard to fix in the near future, but they may fix it still during BFA.
  • No plans about rerolling keys. It is frustrating to a top x% of players, but not a problem to the majority of players.
  • Mechagon will be split into 2 later on (likely Season 4) for Mythic+
  • Residuum won't reset for Season 3, have fun stockpiling.
  • Blizzard is happy with Tol Dagor cannons and all the different interactions they bring.
  • M+ Cache at the end of the week is 5 ilvls lower than Mythic Raid because they want to make raid loot feel better.
  • Blizzard is going to rebalance amounts of Azerite obtained. Non-repeatable sources (Raid, Cache, Emissaries) will give substantially more Azerite than repeatable sources (Islands, M+)
  • No gear swapping coming to M+.
General Information
  • Outlaw Rogue and Protection Warriors will be nerfed for Season 3. Numerically only.
  • Blizzard believes there are too many loot sources in the game and likely change that for 9.0.
  • Blizzard doesn't want to homogenize classes to fix the ranged x melee imbalance.
  • Guardian Buffs, Vengeance Buffs. They are aware vengeance is useless outside demon spikes. They are aware bears don't have control on their life. Buffs are in the lines of incoming rage and cost reduction to Iron Fur.
  • Blizzard is aware of the problem of having only DH give magic damage and Monks give physical damage . They want to fix it by giving other classes other interesting buffs, but not the same for multiple classes.

• 1Seriously?

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went in to this expecting to enjoy Nazjatar more, but I actually think Mechagon does some pretty cool shit. If every tier were a combination of Benthic-type grinding + traditional content and then on top of that you have the grinding freedom of Mechagon, I could handle that.

If the Black Empire stuff likely slated to come at the latter half of this expansion has another grind element on top of this, I would not complain.

• 1Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Keep in mind, concerning Diablo 3, that there was a very popular deal to 'promise to pay' for WoW for a year and you got a copy of the game for free. Almost everyone I knew who played at the time did that.
Yep. Did that. Didn't entirely regret it, as I would probably have purchased it anyway. The problems with it came only much later for a casual player who didn't even bother with the RMAH.