World of Warcraft: Current Year

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The "Please don't play Shadowbringers, and if you do, you've pre-paid us for 6 months" mount
I haven't been even slightly tempted to even look at what WOW is doing since I quit. Have they given back artifact weapons and the fun of Legion yet, or is it still boring ass grinds in boring ass zones?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I have unlocked 6 essences so far for my necklace. As far as I can tell that's the most you can open for now until you can get rep with the 2 new factions?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You can't really fault blizz for the mount stuff. They're hemorrhaging subs and they need to do something fast on the heels of another MMOs expac launch. You can say "just fix the game" but we know it isn't that easy. If that's how you choose to spend your money, then so be it who cares. Asmongold was talking shit about people who would buy that mount WHILE HE HIMSELF WAS PLAYING BFA AND PROBABLY HAS THE MOUNT.

I gotta say I've unfollowed asmongold, he just turned into a turd recently (I know... But he used to actually just play and be knowledgeable).

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
I'm going to laugh if Blizzard removes the /spit emote for considering a form of harassment. Asmongold made a rant about the new store mount (the 4 in the last 6 months?) and was telling ppl to /spit on whoever was riding it. You can imagine the shitstorm, lol.
Still waiting for my first spit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
strfwssv40731.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Phasing is terrible for MMORPGs - At some point some poindexter faggot at Blizzard needs to learn how to fix this.

• 1Rustled
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Phasing is terrible for MMORPGs - At some point some poindexter faggot at Blizzard needs to learn how to fix this.

We rolled on Mal'Ganis specifically because it was 90% horde. Now because of phasing there's a bunch of alliance faggots everywhere.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
You can't really fault blizz for the mount stuff. They're hemorrhaging subs and they need to do something fast on the heels of another MMOs expac launch. You can say "just fix the game" but we know it isn't that easy. If that's how you choose to spend your money, then so be it who cares. Asmongold was talking shit about people who would buy that mount WHILE HE HIMSELF WAS PLAYING BFA AND PROBABLY HAS THE MOUNT.

I have no problem with it. It's cosmetic for god sakes. It doesn't give you faster flying or any advantage whatsoever. That's not even close to P2W. If they were charging $5 for a purple helm or maybe argue tokens sure. But a mount? And he has a sperglord attack over it. He is fucking clueless.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Their tech team REALLY shit the bed with this xpac. The whole thing is slow and unresponsive, and phasing is a joke. I've lost track of how many times my character splatted becuase the glider key press got lost in the servers, or how many times phasing has warped me out of a WQ fight for no reason.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Btw that's literally the only place in the entire zone this is happening. It's also a quest area, so completely unsurprising that it's phased. Not saying it's acceptable but people are acting like they can't just walk 10ft in any direction and find more starfish lmao

& no, this patch didn't really FIX anything other than having an actual gear system that everybody wanted but still complains about (Benthic), and essences which are surprisingly a good system and not RNG in any way whatsoever in the way you aquire them. Mechagon is really good and Nazjatar is alright as overall zones. I'm honestly surprised at the amount of hidden shit around, even quests that don't show up on the map. It's like they've already learned something from classic.

This patch more to me says that blizzard was listening, for probably the first time in a long time. Every change they've made in 8.2 in the long term of the game will make it better if they don't immediately gut it on 9.0. I think if they just reverted the GCD changes completely everybody would be happy again.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Btw that's literally the only place in the entire zone this is happening. It's also a quest area, so completely unsurprising that it's phased. Not saying it's acceptable but people are acting like they can't just walk 10ft in any direction and find more starfish lmao

& no, this patch didn't really FIX anything other than having an actual gear system that everybody wanted but still complains about (Benthic), and essences which are surprisingly a good system and not RNG in any way whatsoever in the way you aquire them. Mechagon is really good and Nazjatar is alright as overall zones. I'm honestly surprised at the amount of hidden shit around, even quests that don't show up on the map. It's like they've already learned something from classic.

This patch more to me says that blizzard was listening, for probably the first time in a long time. Every change they've made in 8.2 in the long term of the game will make it better if they don't immediately gut it on 9.0. I think if they just reverted the GCD changes completely everybody would be happy again.

I mostly agree but I can't defend time-gating.

xzi

Mouthbreather
What's timegated other than the raid/dungeon and the two quests associated with them? Raids haven't launched on patch day in a very long time

I don't disagree, but when people talk about timegating I think about Broken Isles "kill 11 mobs then come back next week" for 12 weeks

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's timegated other than the raid/dungeon and the two quests associated with them? Raids haven't launched on patch day in a very long time

I don't disagree, but when people talk about timegating I think about Broken Isles "kill 11 mobs then come back next week" for 12 weeks

Nazjatar, and a good amount of the Mechagon content is still actually behind a time-gate mechanism.

I am also bummed that I can't just level up my follower.