World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'm thinking of re-subbing just so I can get flying now and not have to worry about it if I ever come back to playing the game again. Can you grind out either of the new factions required or is it more of the same with rep being locked completely behind WQs?
At this point, I don't expect to come back ever. The two previous times, I knew more or less when I would be coming back (expansion). This time, unless they seriously blow their load at the Blizzcon, not going to bother. I might as well click uninstall, so that the launcher doesn't attempt to download gigabytes of useless stuff whenever.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I went in to this expecting to enjoy Nazjatar more, but I actually think Mechagon does some pretty cool shit. If every tier were a combination of Benthic-type grinding + traditional content and then on top of that you have the grinding freedom of Mechagon, I could handle that.

If the Black Empire stuff likely slated to come at the latter half of this expansion has another grind element on top of this, I would not complain.

Yeah dude, Mechagon has been actually kinda fun to me. Didn't expect it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah dude, Mechagon has been actually kinda fun to me. Didn't expect it.

Of the two zones I definitely like Mechagon more it might have to do with the jet pack allowing us to basically fly. Or maybe because the zone isn't designed to be a pain in the dick to travel through.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Not sure how I feel about them doing this shit again already.

Sylverian Dreamer Mount - Reward for 6-Month Subscription
Blizzard has added another shop mount as a reward for a 6 month subscription! You can also purchase the mount separately for $25.

HAHAHAHA GO FUCK YOURSELF THIS TIME, BLIZZ.

Screenshot_20190627-143434_Facebook.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm okay honestly as long as they also add it so you can buy the mount separately.

I mean, I would rather them not ever have store mounts but that ship has sailed about 10 years ago.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Between sorta wanting to mess around in the new content and WoW Classic on the way in August this is probably the moment I could most justify a six month subscription but that mount just isn't very interesting.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Not sure how I feel about them doing this shit again already.
The paranoid think that anytime a company has to add stuff to a subscription, it probably means the subscription numbers are in trouble.

The realist think that this actually means the beancounters at least think they're in trouble.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this is actually interesting... thing is did they do fucking any of this besides buttfucking prot warriors?

Mythic+ Information
  • Blizzard feels that you don't kill enough trash on most dungeons. There will be a fairly large trash % rebalance coming in 8.2 to address this.
    • Possibly giving mini-bosses give a lot of %, because now they are mostly skipped because they are not efficient to kill.
  • Blizzard is really excited to add more rewards to M+ Seasons, like titles and mounts. They said that at the latest in 9.0, MAAAAAAAYBE something in Season 3.
  • No new base affixes until 9.0
  • Nothing confirmed yet, but Blizzard is considering having a more single-target focused affix for Season 3's seasonal affix. Just ideas right now.
  • Blizzard biggest regret with Reaping is that it is too easy.
  • Kiss/curse affixes don't fit in any of the current affix buckets (+4 and +7), so they feel those would need a separate bucket.
  • Blizzard is looking into balance for the affix combos. You shouldn't struggle to complete a +12 if you can complete a +15 with a different combo.
  • Blizzard is considering completely removing 1 or 2 of the combos completely.
  • Blizzard is exploring affix combo difficulties instead of messing with dungeon difficulty.
  • Blizzard is considering having something like a Raider.io score in-game, but nothing planned right now.
    • Blizzard's plan about a scoring system is to fix some issues from community-driven ones, like having affixes matter and other contextual information added to it.
  • Motherlode is a big problem as far as trash goes, Blizzard is uncertain what to do with it.
  • Balance between ranged and melee isn't good right now, there isn't enough danger to melee, making their contribution to the group more relevant.
  • They are considering rebalancing hard CCs so they work all similarly, like allowing people to run by Sheep targets or not allowing people to run by Sap targets. No decisions yet.
  • Blizzard is looking at unavoidable damage, specially 1-shot mechanics, to maybe give players option to react / prevent it.
  • 9.0 will be the "great affix revist"
  • Shadowmeld is an issue right now because of Reaping. They aren't going to nerf it outright. If anything they will make Reaping ignore Shadowmeld in some way.
  • Snapping isn't something that should happen. Hard to fix in the near future, but they may fix it still during BFA.
  • No plans about rerolling keys. It is frustrating to a top x% of players, but not a problem to the majority of players.
  • Mechagon will be split into 2 later on (likely Season 4) for Mythic+
  • Residuum won't reset for Season 3, have fun stockpiling.
  • Blizzard is happy with Tol Dagor cannons and all the different interactions they bring.
  • M+ Cache at the end of the week is 5 ilvls lower than Mythic Raid because they want to make raid loot feel better.
  • Blizzard is going to rebalance amounts of Azerite obtained. Non-repeatable sources (Raid, Cache, Emissaries) will give substantially more Azerite than repeatable sources (Islands, M+)
  • No gear swapping coming to M+.
General Information
  • Outlaw Rogue and Protection Warriors will be nerfed for Season 3. Numerically only.
  • Blizzard believes there are too many loot sources in the game and likely change that for 9.0.
  • Blizzard doesn't want to homogenize classes to fix the ranged x melee imbalance.
  • Guardian Buffs, Vengeance Buffs. They are aware vengeance is useless outside demon spikes. They are aware bears don't have control on their life. Buffs are in the lines of incoming rage and cost reduction to Iron Fur.
  • Blizzard is aware of the problem of having only DH give magic damage and Monks give physical damage . They want to fix it by giving other classes other interesting buffs, but not the same for multiple classes.

They did a lot of the stuff listed that wasn’t clearly future decisions to make. The very beginning of the M+ lists is all checkmarks. All this stuff was also super obvious in the they should definitely do this way.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Or they're just smart and want those classic players that are only going to play for 3 weeks to give them a 6 month sub. Which is most definitely going to happen, lol

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why would that sale surprise anyone? Any company in the position to do that would do it. This isn't the product of some new form of evil manifesting itself in Blizz.

Also, you'll inevitably be able to buy that shit with gold anyway.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It doesn't surprise anybody at all, just everybody is completely annoyed at it.

Good thing though from the raid achievements instead of getting anything neat you just get a shitass reskin but the store gets something unique once again, lmao

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going to laugh if Blizzard removes the /spit emote for considering a form of harassment. Asmongold made a rant about the new store mount (the 4 in the last 6 months?) and was telling ppl to /spit on whoever was riding it. You can imagine the shitstorm, lol.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
apparently it is auto gifted if you have a long term subscription. My wife and I both pay for 6 months at a time (cheaper, only slightly, but..it isnt like we arent going to play) and I opened my launcher to the notification I had a "gift".

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, you get the mount if you purchase it directly (or purchase a 6 month sub), or have a 6 month recurring sub running (not sure if you get the gift at the recurring date).

Cybsled

The "Please don't play Shadowbringers, and if you do, you've pre-paid us for 6 months" mount

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't hate the gap between the launch of an expansion and the introduction of raid content. That serves at least some purpose. Telling me that I need to do a couple chores each day for twenty days for a thing but that I am not allowed to do extra chores to get there sooner will always rub me the wrong way.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The couple of weeks waiting on the raid is fine, honestly it’s probably preferable to give some time to iron out the patch hotfix stuff, whatever there.

The gating of even basic quests though goddamn is it not fun in any way. Just let people open the content and fucking play it. Right now I have 600/3000 rep holding me back on a quest that gives max rep of 300 a day to these followers who I have zero interest in. Yet I have to level all 3 of them because fuck you I said so that’s why.

I want a sandbox MMO where I kind of just do what I want instead of this predetermined route and set daily intake of gameplay.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users