World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Connected realms / Cross-server Zones (CRZ) was Blizzard's WoW anti server merge tech. Nowadays MMO market wise, announcing server merges is like closing Starbucks franchises or relocating company employees, there's no way you can spin it on a positive way. It's a "previous generation" curse, they opened so many servers most of them ended imbalanced as fuck, EU or US.

So right now we're getting sharding. And Classic is getting layering, which is basically the same as sharding but tucking your dick between your thighs. Territory warfare doesn't matter anymore, open world PvP is all about zergling and you can just shut this shit down anytime anyway. Player choice driven MMO, right ? Not really, it's 2019, server restrictions are just there to force you to buy transfer service if you can be arsed running Mythic raiding. You just want to play with your friends ? Well bitch, you can't cross realm trade to the point your rogue bro from another realm can't unlock your chests, you're welcome getting scammed in any capital you'd fancy.

Server pride then ? Yeah, over who ? EU wise, wherever you'd like to have fun, it's just you versus the russians, which are the worst possible online gamer people ever. And you can't even be mad at them because they all speak the devil tongue and are rude savages because that's what they do since they butchered their tsar over "freedom". US wise you'd have to deal with southern americans, they're just tanned russians speaking gibberish, having 500ms because they're updating iOS7, running 1950 cars and getting kidnapped over traffic stops. Kidnapping is all you'd get anyway, when you're on the carp fish daily, kicking the fish 100 meters ahead and some spaniard cunt got the last kick of it because he didn't do the questline and he's zone phased as fuck.

I enjoy it a lot.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
Do you guys just want absolutely everything unlocked immediately and play at your own pace? I can understand that.

But for example people in this very thread complained when Legion flying hit because they could farm flying week 1 when Broken Isles came out by killing rares and doing hours and hours of loops farming chests but they didn't want to because it's boring content. Then they made it so you could only loot like 12 chests a day and people complained that it was timegated.

It's just weird to complain about when it's been in the game since TBC. I feel like timegating has its place in the game at some point. (like dailies)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Time gating that is engaging is good.

From what I hear Mechagon is fun, so let people continue to earn faction through it (I assume that’s gated).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Do you guys just want absolutely everything unlocked immediately and play at your own pace? I can understand that.

But for example people in this very thread complained when Legion flying hit because they could farm flying week 1 when Broken Isles came out by killing rares and doing hours and hours of loops farming chests but they didn't want to because it's boring content. Then they made it so you could only loot like 12 chests a day and people complained that it was timegated.

It's just weird to complain about when it's been in the game since TBC. I feel like timegating has its place in the game at some point. (like dailies)

Honestly I feel like dailies and WQ's just end up feeling like chores. They sucked shit in TBC and they suck shit now. If someone wants to kill 23,845 dick beagles and get the grind over with so all he has to do it log on for raids because it's done then let them fucking do it. All dailies and WQs are is programmed conditioning to get ignorant twat faggots to log in every day like good little puppets for their regulated food pellet. It is a limited reward structure to pull at that fear of missing out. If I don't grind my 237 appropriated dick beagles today they are gone forever. I can't log on tomorrow and do double the amount or log in on a weekend and knock it all out at once. Oh no no no that doesn't help our fucking metrics of how we want you mindless trash faggots to farm our regulated artificially limited supply of dick beagles.

Yes I want it unlocked immediately or at least used fucking sparingly. There are only so many times you can go into zone 36 to grind new currency 487 which will be worthless in zone 37 in which you will have a new currency 488 nick triggers. Now you have to artificially farm 349,923 nick triggers but you can only farm so many a day and if you miss a day fuck you that is your punishment for not logging on like an obedient little faggot to grind out mount #1232 the red reskin of mount #1121 and the new pokemon of which there are like 2,000 of already.

To a point I get what you are saying Xzi they are damned if they do and damned if they dont. Some people are going to burn through the content and have nothing to do, or be done. Well so fucking what let them be done. They can roll and alt, PvP, make 10,000,000 gold, play another fucking game.

It's the same problem with shit like the titanforging garbage, everything doesn't need to be a goddamn slot machine. If they didn't totally fuck up their progression system they wouldn't need to add in catch up gear the catch up gear would be the older content.

Not everyone should be in the fucking new raid. Some people should be doing Uldir right now it's a fucking expansion but no we can't have a fucking expansion we have to have shit divided up over 2-3 years in patches. The system sucks monkey shit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Time gating that is engaging is good.

From what I hear Mechagon is fun, so let people continue to earn faction through it (I assume that’s gated).

Both zones it's really the same thing you can do your 5-6 daily quests for reputation and move the bar a little but once you have hit the fun limit you are done for today bucko better fuck off or play an alt, but if you really want to progress here are some rare mobs on a couple hour timer with people camping them EQ style but not in a party setting no in a random ungrouped mob just ready to blow that shit up for the chance at 50 rep and a pet.

The content could be fun, but they really don't want you to do more than the allotted amount. Let's not forget if you want to play one of the new allied races or switch to an alt you better hurry up and do it now because if you don't get you allotted food pellets you will forever be behind.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Honestly I feel like dailies and WQ's just end up feeling like chores. They sucked shit in TBC and they suck shit now. If someone wants to kill 23,845 dick beagles and get the grind over with so all he has to do it log on for raids because it's done then let them fucking do it. All dailies and WQs are is programmed conditioning to get ignorant twat faggots to log in every day like good little puppets for their regulated food pellet. It is a limited reward structure to pull at that fear of missing out. If I don't grind my 237 appropriated dick beagles today they are gone forever. I can't log on tomorrow and do double the amount or log in on a weekend and knock it all out at once. Oh no no no that doesn't help our fucking metrics of how we want you mindless trash faggots to farm our regulated artificially limited supply of dick beagles.

Yes I want it unlocked immediately or at least used fucking sparingly. There are only so many times you can go into zone 36 to grind new currency 487 which will be worthless in zone 37 in which you will have a new currency 488 nick triggers. Now you have to artificially farm 349,923 nick triggers but you can only farm so many a day and if you miss a day fuck you that is your punishment for not logging on like an obedient little faggot to grind out mount #1232 the red reskin of mount #1121 and the new pokemon of which there are like 2,000 of already.

To a point I get what you are saying Xzi they are damned if they do and damned if they dont. Some people are going to burn through the content and have nothing to do, or be done. Well so fucking what let them be done. They can roll and alt, PvP, make 10,000,000 gold, play another fucking game.

It's the same problem with shit like the titanforging garbage, everything doesn't need to be a goddamn slot machine. If they didn't totally fuck up their progression system they wouldn't need to add in catch up gear the catch up gear would be the older content.

Not everyone should be in the fucking new raid. Some people should be doing Uldir right now it's a fucking expansion but no we can't have a fucking expansion we have to have shit divided up over 2-3 years in patches. The system sucks monkey shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or we could just go back to a system of major currency grinds/rep grinds like we had back in the day. I'd rather just do this and "run out of content" than be force to log in every single day and play X amount. There is a layer of artificiality that it adds to the whole experience, especially when you consider that it's one system on top of a million other systems for progressing your character.

The goal of a good RPG is to make you forget about the wheel, not smash you over the head with it.

Having said that, I agree with the sentiment that things are trending in the right direction.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard

My problem is that the mechanics are pretty stale these days. Rat asses collection quests aren't fun. Returning to quest giver to complete quest is no fun. Time gating is a pain because everything else is a pain.

They could obviate that early on by granting flying once the main zone story lines are complete...and once you unlock flying, you unlock it for every new zone in the xpac. Traveling is no fun. Wading through 50 Murlocs to get to rat ass quest area is no fun.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Idunno, I just don't see this content as timegated as people want to make it seem when compared to like the entirety of Legion. If raids launched same day as patches it would be annoying as fuck if all these dailies don't open up for weeks but.. it.. makes sense? The actual patch starts in 2 weeks if that's all you care about.

Either way whatever, if you've played with me you know I'm the sperg that WILL get exalted by playing 20 hours longer in a week than everyone else just so I can get a reward 2 weeks early. So I don't have the best of judgement on these kind of things.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'll just go play Skyrim instead really, WoW isn't an RPG anymore whether you want it to be or not. It's a collectathon.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Idunno, I just don't see this content as timegated as people want to make it seem when compared to like the entirety of Legion. If raids launched same day as patches it would be annoying as fuck if all these dailies don't open up for weeks but.. it.. makes sense? The actual patch starts in 2 weeks if that's all you care about.

Either way whatever, if you've played with me you know I'm the sperg that WILL get exalted by playing 20 hours longer in a week than everyone else just so I can get a reward 2 weeks early. So I don't have the best of judgement on these kind of things.
Nobody is complaining about raids, why is that word even in your post at all?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Because that's what I chose to talk about since that's the only thing timegated other than dailies which have existed for 14 years?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Because that's what I chose to talk about since that's the only thing timegated other than dailies which have existed for 14 years?

This is @a_skeleton_03

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users