Blackwing Lair Raider
FF14 has lame time-gating too.

You also have to be among weebs.

• 1Like
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
That chick that made that Dovahkiin skyrim cover forever ever ago just did a cover of Invincible, p solid

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
Not watching the video, but no. 8.2 is nothing but time gated grinds, even more than most of the patch content they put out.

They also went back to the long/slow rare spawn rates with rare drops just to drag it out further, compared to Legion rares, where you had either... Long Spawn, high drop rate or Short Spawn, low drop rate.

xzi

Mouthbreather
uh.. it's not rare if it's up every 3 minutes?

I want more cata rares that are up every 3-24 hours

xzi

Mouthbreather
also open world pvp scaling is still the worst thing that's ever happened to this game and they added it at the SAME time as warmode I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand I don't understand I hate it

Khane

Got something right about marriage
uh.. it's not rare if it's up every 3 minutes?

I want more cata rares that are up every 3-24 hours

Well, they aren't really "rare", they're just named. The Cata rares were usually 48-72 hours though, which was nice. It gave a sense of accomplishment and prestige if you had the Aeonaxx/ Poseidus mounts. I think the Poseidus spawn timer was even longer than that. Up to 5 days if I remember right.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Not even talking about the mount rares, just stupid shit like that baskilisk in the cave or random bullshit world revamp rares. The mount rares are even better, but those are at least 100% chance at all times to drop for you if you manage to find em.

If mechagon worked like that it would admittedly be retarded, but would make seeing the mechaspider mount a lot neater that's for sure.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well, they aren't really "rare", they're just named. The Cata rares were usually 48-72 hours though, which was nice. It gave a sense of accomplishment and prestige if you had the Aeonaxx/ Poseidus mounts. I think the Poseidus spawn timer was even longer than that. Up to 5 days if I remember right.

Yeah and back then you couldn't realm hop and multi tag, whoever tagged first got the loot. Still thought a longer spawn timer for named is fine if the drop is 100% the current rares if you want to call them that have a low drop chance on your once per day kill so making the long timer would be fucking stupid.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not even talking about the mount rares, just stupid shit like that baskilisk in the cave or random bullshit world revamp rares. The mount rares are even better, but those are at least 100% chance at all times to drop for you if you manage to find em.

If mechagon worked like that it would admittedly be retarded, but would make seeing the mechaspider mount a lot neater that's for sure.

Mounts were also a bit cooler when their were fewer unique ones around and you weren't sharded away so you could actually show off said rare mount.

Khane

I think the game is closing in on like 600 mounts now. At some point new mounts aren't really cool anymore. =(

Yea, the new "rare" drop mounts haven't been cool or interesting for a very long time. It's all about getting the achievement mounts now. Though 350 and 400 are fucking lame. Ground mounts that cannot fly... thanks Blizzard. The original 400 mount reward was going to be a felfire version of the solar spirehawk, which would have been way fucking cooler.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
"Whoo, that 16 hour grind for this mount was annoying. But look how neat it looks. Totally worth it!"
*Tosses it in the pile with the 450 others and moves onto the next one*

Khane

Well... what else is there to do in Modern WoW? "I finished my chores for the day and literally cannot advance my character because Blizzard wants to be my gaming parents."

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well... what else is there to do in Modern WoW? "I finished my chores for the day and literally cannot advance my character because Blizzard wants to be my gaming parents."

I think that is part of the reason classic is so much more rewarding to play.

Plus
No microtransaction bullshit
No faggots on motorcycle mounts
No daily quests, no world quests
No artificial time gating
No transmog
No achievement points
No DK's, DH, Monk, allied race bullshit
No titanforging
No 4 different versions of content
No facebook mini games
No pokemon bullshit
Mana actually matters
Mages can cast fireballs, frostbolts, and arcane missles regardless of spec.
No influence from dipshits like Ion or Ghostcrawler

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just because I want to be a fucking dickhead. "No artificial time gating" is pretty false. You needed alot of rep or a LOT of gold to even step foot into naxx.

But that's kind of how gating should be anyways.

Also, bring back attunements and watch everyone in the game cry like they did with the suramar dungeons.