World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
say that to my face not online fucker see what happens

J3S5zxh.jpg

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Fuck nazjatar and mechagon.

Kill 3 rare daily is some serious cancer riddled aids pustule type shit. Circled the map 15 times and not a single rare. 1000 players in this zone doing the same shit and nothing is up. Some fucking quest design.

Collect 10 spireleaf? Sure, If i could actually get close to one and it didn't fucking phase out.
Not only are you going to timegate all this shit, but let's make the fucking dailies take longer due to poor design/coding because fuck you.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Kill 3 rare daily is some serious cancer riddled aids pustule type shit. Circled the map 15 times and not a single rare. 1000 players in this zone doing the same shit and nothing is up. Some fucking quest design.

Collect 10 spireleaf? Sure, If i could actually get close to one and it didn't fucking phase out.
Not only are you going to timegate all this shit, but let's make the fucking dailies take longer due to poor design/coding because fuck you.

Surprisingly not even Fyff has been in here to choke on Ion's cock this time around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Just because I want to be a fucking dickhead. "No artificial time gating" is pretty false. You needed alot of rep or a LOT of gold to even step foot into naxx.

But that's kind of how gating should be anyways.

Also, bring back attunements and watch everyone in the game cry like they did with the suramar dungeons.
There were multiple ways to grind that rep out though. You never hit a point where the game said that you weren’t allowed to earn more u til a reset timer.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I think I ground the required Naxx rep out in WPL while just farming skeletons for runecloth and epic mount gold early on in the game before AQ was open. :/

xzi

Mouthbreather
There were multiple ways to grind that rep out though. You never hit a point where the game said that you weren’t allowed to earn more u til a reset timer.

Ya, I wish it were still like that.

They should make it like WOD where you could grind the shitass mobs for 3 rep at a time if you REALLY wanted to speed it up. So the spergs can sperg and everyone else can just wait an extra 7 days if they want to.

It's kind of exactly how they handled artifact weapons. People that did Maw of Souls 1000 times got that shit to 32 while the rest of the population just waited for next weeks AK to do like 6 world quests lol. I genuinely don't see anything wrong with that system at all.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Mike Morhaime Interviews - Project Titan and Starcraft Ghost
Mike Morhaime, co-founder and former President of Blizzard Entertainment, has been discussing his time at Blizzard in a series of recent interviews. Most recently, he talked with VG247 about the canceled MMO project, code-named Titan.

• Titan was canceled because Blizzard failed to control the scope of the project.
  • They looked at Titan as a sequel to World of Warcraft, a next-generation MMO.
  • Many of their senior developers were put on project Titan.
  • The game was very ambitious taking place in a universe focused on hystorical myth, with time travel mechanics.
  • Titan would have been a subscription-based MMO had it been released.
  • The engine for the game never reached the level of where it needed to be, and the developer staff said it wasn't working.
  • They asked the team to come up with one or two ideas they could focus on, it could be anything they wanted.
  • Overwatch was the result of the Titan team's brainstorming and became the focus of their team.

Mike Morhaime also discussed the cancellation of Starcraft Ghost, what would have been a 3rd person action game set in the Starcraft universe.

• Blizzard felt Starcraft Ghost couldn't be successful because of limited resources.
  • During Starcraft Ghost development, World of Warcraft was exploding while Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 were in development.
  • The team had to make tough choices on where to place its talent, and there weren't enough resources to go around.
  • With Starcraft Ghost canceled, they could focus on injecting all their talent into other products.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Starcraft Ghost's cancellation in this context makes more sense. As they had WOW fuck you money and D3 balls deep in development... I guess. Titan just goes to show that when Blizz doesn't have some diamond in the rough templates to polish up (Everquest, DAoC, other quality but flawed MMOs) they flop hard and can't figure shit out.

How Titan's failure and what? Like 8 years of Titan development coalesced into Overwatch is kind of funny by itself.

tarb

Trakanon Raider
Mike Morhaime Interviews - Project Titan and Starcraft Ghost
Mike Morhaime, co-founder and former President of Blizzard Entertainment, has been discussing his time at Blizzard in a series of recent interviews. Most recently, he talked with VG247 about the canceled MMO project, code-named Titan.

• Titan was canceled because Blizzard failed to control the scope of the project.
  • They looked at Titan as a sequel to World of Warcraft, a next-generation MMO.
  • Many of their senior developers were put on project Titan.
  • The game was very ambitious taking place in a universe focused on hystorical myth, with time travel mechanics.
  • Titan would have been a subscription-based MMO had it been released.
  • The engine for the game never reached the level of where it needed to be, and the developer staff said it wasn't working.
  • They asked the team to come up with one or two ideas they could focus on, it could be anything they wanted.
  • Overwatch was the result of the Titan team's brainstorming and became the focus of their team.

Mike Morhaime also discussed the cancellation of Starcraft Ghost, what would have been a 3rd person action game set in the Starcraft universe.

• Blizzard felt Starcraft Ghost couldn't be successful because of limited resources.
  • During Starcraft Ghost development, World of Warcraft was exploding while Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 were in development.
  • The team had to make tough choices on where to place its talent, and there weren't enough resources to go around.
  • With Starcraft Ghost canceled, they could focus on injecting all their talent into other products.

So Titan wasn't really cancelled because it wasn't fun? Wanna see my shocked face LOL
Fucking liars.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Is there anyone that even wanted a starcraft fps that wasn't just being a marine fighting off the zerg? Ghost always seemed like a stupid idea to me, and people still talking about it like it mattered confuses me.

xzi

Mouthbreather
cancelled games are mythical projects that everyone enjoys speculating on regardless of what kind of game they were. Also it wasn't even an FPS.

cries in half-life 3

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Ghost made me think about C&C Renegade and there is certainly potential in an fps/tps style version of their existing games that wasn't properly realized. Could be cool if done right.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

the mechagon version of that actually is pretty reasonable. You can get pretty early on on demand access to three different rares and the rest spawn reasonably often. The nazjatar rares can fuck right off. That zone is hard enough to navigate around in if the rare does not spawn right up your ass you basically have zero chance of reaching it before the 1000 other people murder it. And their respawn time is pretty long so just camping the fucking things is not viable.

• 2Solidarity

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
the mechagon version of that actually is pretty reasonable. You can get pretty early on on demand access to three different rares and the rest spawn reasonably often. The nazjatar rares can fuck right off. That zone is hard enough to navigate around in if the rare does not spawn right up your ass you basically have zero chance of reaching it before the 1000 other people murder it. And their respawn time is pretty long so just camping the fucking things is not viable.
I decided yesterday to not even bother with this daily anymore unless I luck into it - just takes too long. Same with collecting the poison weed or kicking fish etc. Will take a bit longer for the faction rewards, no big deal for me.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've never posted about this cause I don't want blizzard to fix it but whatever. It's a 30 minute cooldown. Darkmoon Cannon You can use this in combat (as long as you're not taking damage, so bubble works for example) and escape from everybody. Including mobs.

However using it in Nazjatar from the home base and using a Goblin Glider Kit while at your peak from the cannon can pretty much allow you to fly over 70% of the map.

Doing this I found like 5 rares almost immediately on the map and just had to choose one. Did it twice yesterday and found rares almost immediately. Gliders in general allow you to hover over a lot of ground in Nazjatar. I also find Typhus groups up quite a lot in group finder and just afk stealth near his spawn until one pops. Doesn't take too long. There are also rares that can be spawned from the herb/mining quest as well as chum. Ask around in gen chat there's usually people with them ready to summon unless you're unlucky.

HandyNotes - Nazjatar by TomCat's Tours also helps a ton.

tl;dr rares are ez until you get phased

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
new rep is gay, and again I had two chests disappear yesterday as I was opening them. Great design. I liked dungeon rep, at least you could grind.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Woot ankoan emissary for a whooping fucking 600 AP reward. Is the wow companion app lying to me or is that for real?

Get the fuck out of here with this shit.