World of Warcraft: Current Year

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Yeah I don't remember Tarren Mill being unplayable 10 years ago when 50% of the player base had 56k modems.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah I don't remember Tarren Mill being unplayable 10 years ago when 50% of the player base had 56k modems.

It was specifically a Legion thing when this started happening. At the end of WoD and even during the beginning of Legion I was still running Ashran and it was still absolutely fine even during actual 40v40 pre-made fights. They definitely did something with their entire server infrastructure. Also does anyone remember I wanna say during prepatch all the servers had their populations changed basically overnight? I wonder if that has anything to do with it. May also explain the absurd amount of phasing nowadays.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
PvP is in a pretty good place. I understand your 380 warrior is getting its shit pushed in but it's honestly in a good place. The only stupid as fuck thing that you even mention is the self healing. I have no idea why every spec, especially dps, has absurd self healing that can literally put you back at 100% no problem, and there's usually no real counter for most of the specs to deal with it.

Server stability has been an issue though ever since around 7.3. I don't know what they did but 40v40s are completely unplayable. I'm fine with the boring gameplay of it, it's how people have always done massive group PvP, but the servers not being able to handle it is insane. ESPECIALLY since Epic BGs are literally their own separated thing, how do they not just.. have more resources for those?

So basically I am wrong except for all the things I am correct about.. I know you guys love to argue but come on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
PvP is still in a good place though. Still despite the self healing. You can think otherwise or not but a few random bgs with a team not communicating is your problem, not the games. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not in a good place.

Also I've been going on about large scale pvp lag for over a year+ now in this thread.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
PvP is still in a good place though. Still despite the self healing. You can think otherwise or not but a few random bgs with a team not communicating is your problem, not the games. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not in a good place.

Also I've been going on about large scale pvp lag for over a year+ now in this thread.
BFA arena season 1 was a bit meh for balance. You generally had to go far into healing suppression to kill people who were at higher skill levels. Last season was not as bad but still a lot of it was killing time or looking for a big mistake until suppression got high enough to really start burning people down. I am honestly curious with the addition of the essences how that will impact PVP more on demand instant damage but also at the same time more big damage mitigation stuff as well.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Now that you are done with the above you are able to play the game however you feel like, although chances are you are burnt out and don't want to do any of the other shit in the game at a heavily decreased rate of return.
And that, basically, describe why I hit the cancel button. Because once I'd done all the chores (at that point, they were chores), I didn't want to play anymore.

I used to do some pet/achieve/xmog hunting. For the second half of Uldir, I didn't do any of that. On raid days, I raided. On non-raid days, I logged off once the last daily/weekly was finished. At that point, I realized I was done with the game, I was just merely making sure I didn't fall behind on the 10+ token-earned-per-week curve. The instant I started not caring too much about those token rewards? Everything gone, instantly.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I think most of the gating is to keep people playing 1 or 2 hours daily. That's their goal. Get you to log in every day. That's the crack they are selling.
Most of the modern game design is increasingly based around the same design mechanics:

• Daily rewards that try to instill the habit of playing the game
  • Gacha rewards (randomized rewards with rare valuables)
  • Extrinsic rewards (lots and lots of cosmetics and fluffs)
  • Progression bars (lots of tokens, reps, etc)
All of these mechanics are designed to fuel addiction, not fun.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GM response in EU was always low when I had an issue, maybe 2-6h, dunno about now since they fired a lot of people.

xzi

Mouthbreather
y'all I'm getting further in the questing of this patch and I gotta say I am 100% absolutely convinced the Dragon Isles are coming next.

I read quests because I'm a lore fag and I actually love what's going on in the game right now.

That little fucking corrupted seed we found at the very end of Emerald Dream in that cave has fully infiltrated the Emerald Dream and we have to clear it of void and save some dragons. Green Dragons. Now lead by Ysera's daughter.

She then follows you back to the Chamber of Heart and that now means we have the black dragonflight, and now the green dragonflight within the heart itself. There's another quest from Kalecgos when your neck is at...60? I wanna say. Which probably means another dragonflight will show up.

On top of all of the dragon isles hints from around the game now. The Island Expedition item being the biggest clue even directly naming it. Also the Black Prince guards you can find all over, including in Naz'jatar.

I think it's happening bois.

Dragon_Isles.jpg

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
y'all I'm getting further in the questing of this patch and I gotta say I am 100% absolutely convinced the Dragon Isles are coming next.

I read quests because I'm a lore fag and I actually love what's going on in the game right now.

That little fucking corrupted seed we found at the very end of Emerald Dream in that cave has fully infiltrated the Emerald Dream and we have to clear it of void and save some dragons. Green Dragons. Now lead by Ysera's daughter.

She then follows you back to the Chamber of Heart and that now means we have the black dragonflight, and now the green dragonflight within the heart itself. There's another quest from Kalecgos when your neck is at...60? I wanna say. Which probably means another dragonflight will show up.

On top of all of the dragon isles hints from around the game now. The Island Expedition item being the biggest clue even directly naming it. Also the Black Prince guards you can find all over, including in Naz'jatar.

I think it's happening bois.

Dragon_Isles.jpg

Well since you are going to go ahead and release all the 9.0 content here is the new replacement for Nomi.

gvmweb5a4a831.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Noice_noise

Golden Knight of the Realm

I think it really depends on the class(es) you play. Arms really suffered during S2 and will probably continue to be middle of the pack at best.

On the other hand if you play a WW/ unholy DK/r Druid/ h pal/ mage/ rogue you’ll have a much easier time (and maybe more fun).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Man they really put a big dick in the butt for anyone who does 2-3 roles with the cost of these Rank 2 essences in Machagon the spare parts are farmable but the Galvanic Oscillator's are not. If you are playing any class that preforms 2 let alone 3 roles enjoy that cockblock.

xzi

Mouthbreather
yeah it's pretty brutal sometimes, but with flying it's slightly easier as you can just fly around looking for chests hoping for the drops to be in your favor

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man they really put a big dick in the butt for anyone who does 2-3 roles with the cost of these Rank 2 essences in Machagon the spare parts are farmable but the Galvanic Oscillator's are not. If you are playing any class that preforms 2 let alone 3 roles enjoy that cockblock.

I know we blame Ion for a lot of things, and some of them might be Overlord Kottick sticking his dick through his mouth from his ass, but I'm 100% certain the the fuckery of playing alts comfortably at a power gamer level (like 20-40 hours a week) is all on Ion the Slayer of fun.

Seriously like 36(?) specs in WOW and they make it such a pain to plan a handful at a high level.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've always been of the opinion that your alts really shouldn't be able to keep up with mains unless you're a mega sperg, makes sense to me

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea but the way they prevent it is with artificial cock blocking like dailies. Committing to a character is an important part of player identity in an MMORPG, but enforcing it by turning progression into busywork is annoying.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea but the way they prevent it is with artificial cock blocking like dailies. Committing to a character is an important part of player identity in an MMORPG, but enforcing it by turning progression into busywork is annoying.

Exactly. I never had a problem with grinding to maintain, but getting my shit to max level and finishing all my "end game" rotations for the week in a day is shitty.

Then you gotta log in every day to maintain that character, instead of splerging out hard on it for a few days and moving on. Super shitty system.