World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I literally don't do any of that and my druid is caught up in gear with everything except essences, which I probably won't do.

Essences not being BoA does feel slightly weird though, especially the ones that require achievements. ESPECIALLY the honor one since honor is account wide.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Mechagon does have a BOA item though for rep which is farmable and pretty nice. Not entirely sure where it comes from, I wanna say it's after completing the full quest chain but I don't know yet. 100 rep per 1 spare crate. Def need more rep items like that instead.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Be sure to get the darkmoon faire rep buff this week before you turn your shit all in

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I literally don't do any of that and my druid is caught up in gear with everything except essences, which I probably won't do.

Essences not being BoA does feel slightly weird though, especially the ones that require achievements. ESPECIALLY the honor one since honor is account wide.
I would bet some or all essences go BOA in 8.2.5 it feels weird that they are not.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah. Some of them I understand like the ones that require rating and all that but at the same time half of them are literally account achievements.

Not too big of a deal for me I guess but RIP to anyone split raiding

xzi

Mouthbreather

This shit is gonna be off the chain this time around.

24/7 broadcasts, this time not only Method. Some chinese guilds, eu guilds, and one NA guild (rip limit I guess?). Lot of really fantastic casters are going to be there as well. World first races are always great to watch but this one is going to be amazing. The only time we really got to see China pushing hard was Argus and it was interesting the complete different meta they were running, can't wait to see what they're doing vs EU this time around.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I really hope they change the way you get a lot of the essences. Getting them on alts is going to be a fucking nightmare.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really hope they change the way you get a lot of the essences. Getting them on alts is going to be a fucking nightmare.

I have to assume they will at some point. The ones tied to things like honor which is account bound makes zero sense to not just unlock on alts. You did the work to unlock it why that would be specific to character makes little sense. And given there is some mechagon vendor BOA essences I think down the road stuff not directly tied to story progress probably winds up being BOA. So that would still mean some work to do on alts to unlock stuff but would give you access to a reasonable amount of essences so you would at least have something solid to use without having to redo everything on every damn character.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's just like Rep and so many other things, there isn't much reason to be character bound in the current state of the game other than to discourage alts., even more so because it remains gated forever. Reps are something you just max by playing the game now instead of actual reps with purpose, yet they are locked to dailies, missions, and other arbitrary bullshit. They promote the allied race nonsense then do everything in their power from preventing you from wanting to even touch that shit. I guess they figure you will just pay for race changes instead.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am curious how grumpy raiders are that seemingly one of the better raid essences for at least a hand full of your raid to have is from doing island adventures. The raid buff you can get from even the minor form of that essence shitting out primary stat pylons is impressive. If you have the full stack of four crystals in your range its like +700 to primary stat and lasts for 15-20 seconds. The active ability if used as a major drops 3 pylons on command with a 1 minute CD. Just dicking around in LFR with it you can really see some DPS numbers jump when you are hit the dump all crystals button.

Fucker

Log Wizard
It's just like Rep and so many other things, there isn't much reason to be character bound in the current state of the game other than to discourage alts., even more so because it remains gated forever. Reps are something you just max by playing the game now instead of actual reps with purpose, yet they are locked to dailies, missions, and other arbitrary bullshit. They promote the allied race nonsense then do everything in their power from preventing you from wanting to even touch that shit. I guess they figure you will just pay for race changes instead.

The whole expac remains a complete clusterfuck.

The main point of bfa is that we are supposed to be at war with the other faction, yet every zone is crawling with both of them doing the same things in the same spots.

They brought back dailies. Why? They got rid of them because they sucked, and replaced them with world quests. WQ's were fine in Legion. They were fast to do and gave good money. They suck in BFA and suck 100000x more in Natzjatahfsohufuhosohiu because that zone is pure trash, and you can't complete them all in one go because 4 aren't up at the same time unless you like faggoty little pet battles. The dailies still suck, and suck even worse because both the new zones are trash.

The neck thing is still trash, and they locked all the new abilities behind massive grinds.

The new armor is upgradable, but...so? It's trash. 100% of the items I've gotten are huge downgrades. Why would I grind to get worse gear?

The next expac is going to be trash because they haven't learned anything from all the mistakes they made in bfa.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
The main point of bfa is that we are supposed to be at war with the other faction, yet every zone is crawling with both of them doing the same things in the same spots.

yeah exactly, turn on warmode pussy

Kiki

Log Wizard
WQs were never fine. WQs without flying are pure AIDS. Sunwell dailies were far superior.

This is weird for me. I like WQs better, even if I have to fly there. Dailies have always felt shitty to me, sunwell, lich king tournament, etc. Trying to do these new ones and things like Anglers dailies just feels like hot garbage again. Plus in Najatar my wife and I get different dailies which is annoying as fuck.

I just wish they would spawn faster so I could burnout sooner.

xzi

Mouthbreather
And then what? Hit each other for hours and accomplish nothing due to self healing being out of whack?

if it's a 1v1? stuns, silences, slows go an extremely long way. Maybe you're just playing wrong.

also the insane amount of random buff items you get from nazjatar alone makes huge differences

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And then what? Hit each other for hours and accomplish nothing due to self healing being out of whack?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users