World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yes. There allegedly are people that watch arenas I guess , but the world first race is the esport

What turns you off? That you can't frostbolt and stand still? Is it too much?

To.me it sounds like a FFXIV raid boss

Thing is that video is just heroic and it's not even the entire fight.

and as always, rng is involved. Mythic effectively splits the room in half but we don't know how much or often or if it's permanent or what the downsides are, etc. It's gonna be real wacky

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
What turns you off? That you can't frostbolt and stand still? Is it too much?

The amount of preparation undertaken by the competitive guilds in conjunction with the number of pulls required to complete a content cycle put the whole thing so far out of reach I find it easier to dream about going in to professional wrestling at 40 than be in a top 100 WoW guild.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
top 100 is extremely doable, just play alliance
there's like 40 guilds that have completed crucible of storms in 2 months ez

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're not really anymore. Aside from 2 guilds that nobody is going to watch.
Eh, Limit has been really close to world first in 2 out of 3 raids this expansion? Since they never really streamed progression and when they did it in the last raid for like a day they had really good numbers, I bet they get tons of watchers.

At the end of the day Method will be the stream to watch for me because I will turn it on and have no idea wtf is happening and they explain mechanics so I can watch for ten minutes and change the channel.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Those flat +30 ilvl resets are a little nuts. So M0s are 400lvl base. I know it’s been a shared sentiment around here for a long time but I really wish they wouldn’t try so hard to invalidate their own raids during the same expansion and use them as progression during the expansion but I guess with the 4 different raid version and the hyper mudflation they seem addicted too it won’t happen. I guess we will be ending the expansion at 500ivl then.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Josh won't stream, there goes some of the fun.
Technically by twitch's rules, Josh's voice cannot be on ANYONE's stream at all. I would not be surprised if after this tier Method fires him for that alone. Sco can't afford to lose his/Method's twitch account.

As for raiding Mythic. Let's be real, FoH went 6/11 in the final tier of legion and realistically probably could've gone 9/11. Just facts based on what I saw. It's not rocket science to raid mythic and you don't need to do crazy prep unless you're going for world firsts. And let's be honest, no one here is doing that. Do you need to prep outside of raids? Of course, you need your ilvl up to par, you need your neck/wahtever levelled up, you need consumables (or farm them for the guild) - but none of this is some massive time sink anymore. The most important thing is you need to understand the fights in and out. For some people that's instant, for some guys it takes 50 pulls, for some guys it just never happens.

I enjoyed raiding Mythic because it provided a personal challenge, and someone once told me (not even making this up) that I couldn't lead a mythic guild. At the end of the day we went a lot further than people thought.

And let's be honest, two 0% wipes has to mean we were 7/11, right???

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Technically by twitch's rules, Josh's voice cannot be on ANYONE's stream at all. I would not be surprised if after this tier Method fires him for that alone. Sco can't afford to lose his/Method's twitch account.

As for raiding Mythic. Let's be real, FoH went 6/11 in the final tier of legion and realistically probably could've gone 9/11. Just facts based on what I saw. It's not rocket science to raid mythic and you don't need to do crazy prep unless you're going for world firsts. And let's be honest, no one here is doing that. Do you need to prep outside of raids? Of course, you need your ilvl up to par, you need your neck/wahtever levelled up, you need consumables (or farm them for the guild) - but none of this is some massive time sink anymore. The most important thing is you need to understand the fights in and out. For some people that's instant, for some guys it takes 50 pulls, for some guys it just never happens.

I enjoyed raiding Mythic because it provided a personal challenge, and someone once told me (not even making this up) that I couldn't lead a mythic guild. At the end of the day we went a lot further than people thought.

And let's be honest, two 0% wipes has to mean we were 7/11, right???

Man I never would of guessed you used to semi lead a guild you abandoned if you didn't remind us every fucking time you post.

• 12Worf
Reactions: 11 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
but none of this is some massive time sink anymore
Yeah it is. High end guilds level up multiple alts of every armor type, then stack the raid with that armor type so they can trade the dropped desired piece to the main character. And sometimes just play as that alt for the raid because the boss is better suited for that. So every member needs to have at least 4 fully geared alts, 1 of each armor type.

Doing wizard chores 4x daily is a huge timesink. It already takes 70 minutes just to do the wizard chores on one character.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah it is. High end guilds level up multiple alts of every armor type, then stack the raid with that armor type so they can trade the dropped desired piece to the main character. And sometimes just play as that alt for the raid because the boss is better suited for that. So every member needs to have at least 4 fully geared alts, 1 of each armor type.

Doing wizard chores 4x daily is a huge timesink. It already takes 70 minutes just to do the wizard chores on one character.
You're talking about the top guilds in the world. None of that is relevant to a normal mythic guild. No mythic guild is requiring you to have alts geared unless you're going for some world number. Don't let method dictate how you think other guilds are run.

That of which I did. Run a guild that is.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If anyone has run a guild around here it is me. It was called Fires of Heaven. You might've heard about them. But if you didn't, I ran them.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about my gear, you little n00b? I’ll have you know I am a lvl 90 Undead Arcane Mage, and I’ve won so many PVP matches, and I have done raids on every 10 man heroic dungeon. I also have a fuckton of macros and I have a GS of 10K. You are nothing to me but just a lvl 12 gnome hunter. I will pwn the fuck out of you with Arcane Missiles the likes of which has never been seen before on Azeroth AND Outland, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over raid? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my guild of mages and shamans across The Eastern Kingdoms and your character is being targeted right now so you better prepare for the ownage, n00b. The Arcane Barrage that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your character. You’re fucking pwn'd, n00b. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my secondary talent tree. Not only am I extensively trained in Arcane magic, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Fire magic and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable neckbeard off the face of Azeroth, you little faggot. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re getting debuffed, you goddamnn00b. I will shit Dragon's Breath all over you and you will burn in it. You’re fucking pwn'd, faggot.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Look at meeeeeeeee
Al_Bundy_Polk_High_costume-link_400x400.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This is going away slowly. Limit requires no alts and method requires like 1 or 2 now. You may need to sit during progress if you don't have the right toon geared though. Things are changing though