World of Warcraft: Current Year

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
How serious do LFG groups take M+? Cos I'm super casual, not even in a guild. I love 5 man dungeons but never been in a M+ dungeon. Don't want to piss people off.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Like everything else in the game it's RNG. I will straight up leave a group if we die 25 times before the first boss and I have no regret about it.

Some people stick it out and are cool, some people ragequit and ruin keys.

Overall it's kind of a curve, like lower level keys are much easier to get into but have a lot of dumbasses as well, once you get to around 10 keys people start taking the game super cereal but overall they've been smoother for my alts. However I can carry the entire group if the key is like a +4. 15s you start getting meta only groups that you just will not get into if you're not the right spec, making you have to make your own keys.

m+ is easy enough, some weeks are much more brutal than others but anything below a 10 is honestly pretty doable for most casual players.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How serious do LFG groups take M+? Cos I'm super casual, not even in a guild. I love 5 man dungeons but never been in a M+ dungeon. Don't want to piss people off.

Varying degrees, but really unless you are doing very high level keys people shouldn't complain. You will get some dickheads that will leave a group if it isn't going to +3 or if there is a wipe but the low level M+ stuff, people have to start somewhere. The easiest way to learn is to simply use your own M+ key and make a group then people have no reason to be turbo cunts. Best thing to do is run until you feel it's getting beyond you and then lower the key down if needed, rinse, repeat.

At some point pushing higher keys constantly either involves a semi decent raider IO score or making friends you like running with. The blocks tend to come down to knowing packs inside and out which to prioritize which to interrupt, having rotations with other members. I would guess in the current state of gear 10's and below a probably a joke to anyone semi geared.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Get a key in a regular mythic and start your own group. My experience is +10 and below people give zero shits or think that the plus 2 is the MDI. The guys who think they are in the MDI are pretty easy to identify and avoid. If you start your own group and label it something like '+2 freehold in time' people will get the right vibe.

The only other advice I have is don't invite people from South American servers.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's a shitshow. I've tanked +10 keys where people in the group did significantly less damage than me as a prot paladin. I've also been declined countless times trying to join 10+ keys even though my raider.io says I've done 10+ 10 keys for time.

It's basically the insanity that is lfr but in a personal level. Right now 4 or under you can probably get into no problem. Above that people start getting dumb and by+10 without question it becomes all about your raider.io score.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Max taking a step out to coach instead of try to raid lead while playing now has someones mind 100% focused on the fight instead of split between trying to lead and fight at the same time. It's proving to be pretty huge for them so far.

I am surprised it has taken so long for a guild/game to do something like this. I always wondered why nobody had tried before.

The only real difficulty is not being able to control the camera yourself to see everything you want to but even just looking at someone's timers and coaching people through that while not having to perform any actual tasks is enough to immensely help any guild.

Real time coaching is something that is sorely missing from e-sports. I think that every competitive e-sport game could benefit from having a true "coaching mode" or view that allows a coach to be on comms with their team to actually coach them.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How you guys can even play this game and not have a solid group of friends to play with is beyond me. But if you're going to take anything seriously, then yes, being a class and spec that is actually useful is an obvious choice. What would be really helpful is just making friends though. BoozeCube BoozeCube was a GD corporate boss with how much shit we ran in Legion. Non f'n stop.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
ok thanks for the tips guys, will try it out making my own group.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
man someone on reddit posted. "I have 551 mounts and 8.3 really killed it for me when I finally realized WOW is now just a trading card game where I collect mounts, toys and pets and no longer an MMO."

fuck. That's basically exactly what I've been saying, saying I only play the game for All The Things addon and nothing else but seeing someone else post it makes me realize how retarded it is

Part of me hopes I get into beta for shadowlands so I can help naively test as much as possible but they don't listen anyways so what's the point?

• 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I heard Asmongold say once that only the cosmetics actually matter and after reflexively disagreeing with the notion I had to admit he was correct. A mount or a title that can no longer be obtained maintains at least some importance. Everything else is transitory.

• 1Truth!

xzi

Mouthbreather
I hate the amount of FOMO shit in the game, but yeah at the same time mage tower is good for that reason, and I still ride my original brewfest ram that was only available for 1 week the first time there was a brewfest just because I've never seen anyone else on it. When there's an overabundance of everything the only impressive items you can have are ones that have been removed imo.

But is that all I'm really playing games for? To not miss out?

• 1Truth!

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Given that the last boss of every raid has always taken 60-70% of the total progression time of the raid, it's not like they can stay 2 bosses ahead forever.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Given that the last boss of every raid has always taken 60-70% of the total progression time of the raid, it's not like they can stay 2 bosses ahead forever.

They also had an extra 24 hour head start on the raid... so 'kicking their ass' might be a bit of an overstatement.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
If you understand the logistics of it, you'd understand it's not 24 hours. It's 16 hours at base, extra downtime, so another 3-4 gone and doing the bosses with bugs which got hotfixed by the time Method got to them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Limit was playing significantly better than Method on the last 2-3 bosses, pretty simple to see if you watched.

Don't get me wrong, Method are better players than literally everybody that posts on this forum but they were struggling. Now the actual race starts though.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
people need to factor in the amount of breaks Method takes. There was about 30 min break after Fury, which is kinda understandable. Now they're on a break again, only after 8 pulls on N'zoth

Last edited: