World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah I don't give a shit, I still play with bros on fridays and that's the only reason I play. No other game offers any sort of enjoyable pve unless you're into playing extreme DDR in FF14.

Shadowlands is their last chance for me personally, cause I'm even at the point where I stopped caring about collecting which is a first ever.

Rime

<Donor>
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game. With the next regularly-scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, players who have earned a given Rank 3 Essence on one character will be able to directly obtain that Essence from MOTHER on any subsequent characters.
When playing an alt character that is missing Essences that have already been earned on a different character, most ordinary Visions of N’Zoth activities, such as Horrific Visions, Assaults, raid bosses, Mythic Keystone Dungeons, or BFA Season 4 PvP, will award a new soulbound currency – Echoes of Ny’alotha. These Echoes can be brought to MOTHER in the Heart Chamber, and exchanged directly for eligible Rank 3 Essences. While ordinarily each specific Essence must be learned in order to unlock it for other characters via MOTHER, all Essences associated with Nazjatar and Mechagon reputations will be available if any other different character has earned any of the Essences available from that reputation.
Our goal with this update is to preserve the efforts that players put into unlocking a given Essence through its associated activity the first time, while offering subsequent characters far more flexibility in pursuing that goal. We’ll have additional details in a forthcoming hotfixes update that goes out around the same time as maintenance, but we wanted to let the community know ASAP that this change is in the works.
As always, thank you for all your feedback on this topic!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
holy SHIT the mad lads are actually doing it: part 2

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Building on a great deal of feedback and discussion, we’re working on an update to the game. With the next regularly-scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, players who have earned a given Rank 3 Essence on one character will be able to directly obtain that Essence from MOTHER on any subsequent characters.
When playing an alt character that is missing Essences that have already been earned on a different character, most ordinary Visions of N’Zoth activities, such as Horrific Visions, Assaults, raid bosses, Mythic Keystone Dungeons, or BFA Season 4 PvP, will award a new soulbound currency – Echoes of Ny’alotha. These Echoes can be brought to MOTHER in the Heart Chamber, and exchanged directly for eligible Rank 3 Essences. While ordinarily each specific Essence must be learned in order to unlock it for other characters via MOTHER, all Essences associated with Nazjatar and Mechagon reputations will be available if any other different character has earned any of the Essences available from that reputation.
Our goal with this update is to preserve the efforts that players put into unlocking a given Essence through its associated activity the first time, while offering subsequent characters far more flexibility in pursuing that goal. We’ll have additional details in a forthcoming hotfixes update that goes out around the same time as maintenance, but we wanted to let the community know ASAP that this change is in the works.
As always, thank you for all your feedback on this topic!

They probably have had a massive drop in people playing this bag of shit so they need to finally listen to some player feedback. Fuck Ion when is that loser faggot getting fired?

• 1Solidarity

xzi

Mouthbreather
Probably? I'd say definitely. Granted I play with Warmode on only so there's always less people but there's been several days of just only being on a single shard. Seeing people from Malganis, Area 52, Tich, etc which are all massive servers and I've barely if ever seen them in the same shard previously.

Either way, it's a good change. Very late, but good.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
'Now that all progression+new content is over and there is only 6+ months of nothing but grinding achievements left, we have decided to do what people have been bitching at us to do for almost a year. Enjoy!'

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The stuipd thing is we always knew it was going to happen. Once you get into there is no more new content they have always started unleashing all of the shit to get people to crank through alts to keep them busy. This was always going to happen it was just a matter of when.

• 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
giphy.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sooo...they are going to make us buy them.........500 essence of my cock for 1 rank 3 essence. you only get a max of 2 a week

trololol

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I'm trying to find a mod that let's me exclude certain items from auto loot, such as junk that sells for a few copper. Does anyone know of or use a mod that does that? I'm not finding anything relevant when I'm searching so it either doesn't exist or I'm using the wrong keywords.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There are a few addons that do that. Some are multiboxer specific and have a suite of other functionality you probably don't want.

I seem to remember a mod called XLoot that has auto loot rules definitions. These aren't typically easy to set up in most cases.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sooo...they are going to make us buy them.........500 essence of my cock for 1 rank 3 essence. you only get a max of 2 a week

trololol
It looks like what you buy is straight to rank 3 essences so skipping 1 and 2. Not sure how fast it will be to get them but at very least doing current content beats having to regrind 8.2 stuff.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, I'd rather spend 3 days farming what I actually want to farm vs 3 weeks of islands.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So for pathfinder 2 is it going to be a total pain in my ass?

I just resubbed and ilvl 356 and I guess I need two factions to Revered for flying.
So this took 11 days with no poopsocking.

I did almost all dailies for each faction minus some of the tradeskill mat ones and I did no pet battles. I also didn't wear any contracts at all.

xzi

Mouthbreather
yeah it's not too bad. I suppose the over-gearing at this point becomes a lot easier too. Hopefully next one is as easy as this one (since we all know they're gonna do it again rip)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So this took 11 days with no poopsocking.

I did almost all dailies for each faction minus some of the tradeskill mat ones and I did no pet battles. I also didn't wear any contracts at all.

Faster than I thought, but I guess you get some starting rep from just doing the story stuff there, plus leveling up your companions daily, etc.