World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
bro that's kind of hype, I'm gonna have to level my hunter finally after putting it off for 6 years

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Blizzard must be hemorrhaging players first the XP boost and now this.

We’ve just made a significant update to the new Echoes of Ny’alotha system, with the goal of making Essences much more available to your characters whose specializations put them in different roles (tanking, healing, damage).

With this change, we’ve lifted the restrictions on acquiring role-specific Azerite Essences from MOTHER. Now, the various ways that you obtain Rank 3 tanking, healing, or damage-specific Essences are now grouped together. If you’ve earned any of the three Essences in these groups, all three of the Essences will be unlocked for purchase from MOTHER with Echoes of Ny’alotha:

• Spark of Inspiration, Unwavering Ward, Strength of the Warden (obtained from Horrific Visions)
  • Touch of the Everlasting, Spirit of Preservation, Breath of the Dying (obtained from reputation with Rajani)
  • Blood of the Enemy, Artifice of Time, Sphere of Suppression (obtained from Battlegrounds)
  • Condensed Life Force, Vitality Conduit, Azeroth’s Undying Gift (obtained from raiding in The Eternal Palace)
  • Essence of the Focusing Iris, Life-Binder’s Invocation, Anima of Life and Death (obtained from Mythic Keystone dungeons)

As a reminder, this was already the case with Purification Protocol, Nullifcation Dynamo, and Well of Existence (the Rustbolt Resistance Essences) as well as The Ever-Rising Tide, Aegis of the Deep, and The Unbound Force (the Nazjatar Essences).

A side-effect of this change is that even a single character now has a way to obtain these off-role Essences, and can either use Echoes to purchase them from MOTHER or use the original means of acquisition. That means that your Priest who raided Azshara in Shadow-spec and got Condensed Life-Force up to Rank 3 is now able to obtain Vitality Conduit from MOTHER for a Holy-spec healing boost.

Thank you for all of your feedback on this!

xzi

Mouthbreather
They're really not, I experienced an actual server queue to get in the other day which is the first time that has happened since launch really. Granted it was like 120 players but still.

That's an amazing change though, was kind of stupid if you only played DPS before couldn't gain any of the other roles essences.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sometimes I actually like to grind out a new toon, can be oddly relaxing when I just grab a beer and zone out.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
WoW retail is definitely the best game one can play if they are compelled to play video games but don't actually want to enjoy them.

• 8Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 12 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Sometimes I actually like to grind out a new toon, can be oddly relaxing when I just grab a beer and zone out.

Yeah, before all these essence and semi targetable corruption changes happen I enjoyed playing the game on alts more while leveling than I did at max level lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I got the sword from N'zoth also with a socket last night and it only simmed like 5k more dps than my previous weapon

we hit big boy numbers now

xzi

Mouthbreather
Kind of depends what you want to do. For world content they're pretty trash feeling compared to.. basically every class in the game. To me anyways. Dungeons they're pretty good because their cleave can get pretty wacky even post-nerf. But then you have to play a ranged in a 5man. (that is a personal preference lmao). Raids they're still very strong but didn't scale as well as other casters (mages are insane right now, hunters even moreso). They CAN still absolutely blast AOE fights. PvP they can still hold their own.

As with all things it kind of comes down to how you gear, but priests have basically 1 option in azerite and there's not really very much flexibility if you don't get your bis. I'd say classes have never been as balanced as they are now but some take a little extra work compared to others.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
So I just realized that to get rank 4 for one of my essences I have to not only get exalted with the faction, but also then get one of those additional packages. WTF.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't know what's going on over at blizzard but they're really turning my opinion on them all being cucks around

Rime

<Donor>
Rumor dancing around is that they are going to delay Shadowlands due to Corona and they are trying to soften the blow. Not sure I buy it, they would release it half-finished anyway.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Rumor dancing around is that they are going to delay Shadowlands due to Corona and they are trying to soften the blow. Not sure I buy it, they would release it half-finished anyway.

They should probably delay it a fucking year so they might actually finish an expansion this time.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users