World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
5 targets is only 2 groups of mobs in almost any dungeon. Only way you wouldn't notice is if you're always only doing 1 group of mobs, in which case nothing would matter so why even change it. It's more of the Blizzard "fun detected" curating process and shows no lessons were learned.

Players are playing the game “wrong” so now you can’t AoE. smug Ion faggot Hazzikostas strikes again.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It may very well be "fun detected" in an Uldir kind of voice for Blizzard to nerf the number of targets. Though - Last time we talked about this, someone linked a video of.. I want to say, Preach? explaining how damage was calculated in the current iteration of WoW. Then to top it off, not long after the nerf was announced - some random WoW dev tweeted how the reduced targets will cut down on calculations by a "large" amount. I'm more inclined to believe that this is really the case, because Nazjatar becomes a slide show when every retard there starts spamming AOE's in hopes of hitting... just something and feeling good about themselves. When in reality, we all know the biggest zerg is what wins there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
5 targets is only 2 groups of mobs in almost any dungeon. Only way you wouldn't notice is if you're always only doing 1 group of mobs, in which case nothing would matter so why even change it. It's more of the Blizzard "fun detected" curating process and shows no lessons were learned.

Right.. but if you do BFA dungeons, 2 groups of mobs is 1 big guy & 4 small guys that die in 4 hits

It's not like you're pulling 5 beefy dragons, dungeons aren't made like that anymore. Which is probably a bigger issue.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is your raider.io? I’m assuming it’s shit since you evidently have no knowledge of BfA dungeons.

Their 5 cap on AoE is fixing a real issue but it is just doing it incorrectly. Instead of hard capping at 5, they should have fall off damage after 5 targets up to 10 or 15. AoE like BM, Outlaw, and Unholy shouldn’t exist, there should be some fall off in damage but hard capping at 5 is just fucking over people that push keys for no upside.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
This season io is 1600 because I don't give a fuck and only go when somebody asks me. You can say I have no knowledge of BFA dungeons but if you're not pushing past 15s that's pretty much the case in 50% of the dungeons. That's literally the entirety of both mechagons trash even. It becomes super evident on bolstering, they're always fucking placing one beefy boy surrounded by weak boys.

Anyways, so far not everything is 5capped. In fact most aoe is not 5capped, some are 8capped, and some are uncapped. They've also said things like hellfire or mages won't be capped either. Fury is already capped and still competes on meters for #1 if you're not pulling 40 mobs at a time, you know... like 90%+ of the population isn't doing.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Balancing doesn't matter for 95+% of the player base. That is the point. 5 cap or otherwise doesn't matter for players that stay at 15 and below. This change is targeted at the other part of the player base that pushes well past 15, and it is fucking up that way to play the game.

Almost all melee dps are being moved to a 5 cap. Range are getting 8 caps for... reasons.

Also, almost every single dungeon has single pack pulls with 5+ mobs of similar strength. You are just wrong. The only exception I can think of is KR, which has a few 4s.

Lastly, Fury warriors are only able to keep up currently because their 5 target AoE is insanely strong and TD. However, if it wasn't for TD, there would be no point in pulling a 6th mob. That is the problem with this change. it is eliminating all incentive to pull 1 single extra mob over 5. Then again, if the meta shifts from melee to range then get fucked melee I guess.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
No one likes getting nerfed and we shitters especially hate getting nerfed because of something involving the 0.001% of players.

• 1Truth!

xzi

Mouthbreather
They really don't all have single pack pulls with mobs of similar strength. That's why I said like 50% of the dungeons, freehold with ogre pulls, shrine with the bois that place shit on the ground or the other bois after the first boss, siege with their cannoneers having way fucking more hp than anything else, commanders same thing, bunch of other examples in other dungeons. idunno we both can pick and choose a billion examples, I'm not talking about an entire dungeon though so I'll agree with you there it's a pretty even balance but they're definitely not all equal strength

As for the fury thing, they've already started buffing AOE in alpha to make up for the target cap.. it's not like they're just flat nerfing. Divine Storm and Wake of Ashes for example have gotten pretty SIGNIFICANT damage buffs in exchange for capping at 5. Fucking.. wake of ashes is 210% -> 315% more damage now lmao.

I still really genuinely don't believe anyone will notice unless you're giga pulling the entire dungeon. But you know, who cares really it's not like they'll listen to your feedback anyways.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser

• Time is different in Shadowlands. It is a construct or order and structure, which isn't a focus in the Shadowlands.
  • We will have to see how this difference in time will effect our characters when we come out the other end.

Oh lawd....they are gonna have people exit the expansion and a big chunk of time will have transpired in Azeroth.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
At least this critical design change is happening on expansion, not, you know, midstream as they've done in the past.

Oh lawd....they are gonna have people exit the expansion and a big chunk of time will have transpired in Azeroth.
Or we go back in time and it's just Classic WOW all over again.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They really don't all have single pack pulls with mobs of similar strength. That's why I said like 50% of the dungeons, freehold with ogre pulls, shrine with the bois that place shit on the ground or the other bois after the first boss, siege with their cannoneers having way fucking more hp than anything else, commanders same thing, bunch of other examples in other dungeons. idunno we both can pick and choose a billion examples, I'm not talking about an entire dungeon though so I'll agree with you there it's a pretty even balance but they're definitely not all equal strength

As for the fury thing, they've already started buffing AOE in alpha to make up for the target cap.. it's not like they're just flat nerfing. Divine Storm and Wake of Ashes for example have gotten pretty SIGNIFICANT damage buffs in exchange for capping at 5. Fucking.. wake of ashes is 210% -> 315% more damage now lmao.

I still really genuinely don't believe anyone will notice unless you're giga pulling the entire dungeon. But you know, who cares really it's not like they'll listen to your feedback anyways.

Anybody who ever pulls multiple packs will notice. It doesn't matter how much your 5 target AoE is being buffed if it doesn't do anything to the 6th target. It is artificially slowing down groups in dungeons.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I assume it has more to do with the calculations aspect someone mentionned earlier, which is why they don't do the scaling down stuff where the more you hit the less you do, but you still hit everything.

Also fucking EU servers down, I was in the process of burning all my money leveling blacksmithing because I vastly underestimated how much it'd cost. Crafting fucking sucks, it was already kinda sucky back when I played but why the fuck do I need to pvp to make the amount of materials I use to level up crafting acceptable? Why are there only pvp recipes at certain level ranges, who thought that was a good idea, fucking shit is terrible. And in the end you can't even make anything good?

Daidraco

I assume it has more to do with the calculations aspect someone mentionned earlier, which is why they don't do the scaling down stuff where the more you hit the less you do, but you still hit everything.

Also fucking EU servers down, I was in the process of burning all my money leveling blacksmithing because I vastly underestimated how much it'd cost. Crafting fucking sucks, it was already kinda sucky back when I played but why the fuck do I need to pvp to make the amount of materials I use to level up crafting acceptable? Why are there only pvp recipes at certain level ranges, who thought that was a good idea, fucking shit is terrible. And in the end you can't even make anything good?

It just makes sense to me that it has a lot to do with the technical side of things. At least they are vocal about nerfing it instead of just launching the new expansion with "New Abilities!" that do the same f'n thing as the now limited AOE versions do. But really, sometimes I think thats better because then the bitching is about shit class changes instead. Which the general answer to that is "boo hoo, go play another class if you dont like it."

I spent a bit of money getting Leatherworking up, but it didnt cost me an arm and a leg. Maybe prices are higher on your server? I was under the false illusion, and you may have been too - that you could just level up the trade to max and then make.. Well, the max trade skill items. Maybe the mats would be rare, but who cares - I'll buy them if they arent ridiculous in price. But instead we have three different versions of max gear all time gated by how many bosses you can kill that will drop insanity eye balls or w/e. Not really mad or sad, just annoyed that I wasted my time and gold on something without researching and knowing that I shouldnt have bothered. The first tier is easy to knock out within a week, but the second tier and third tier are talking about hundreds of eyes and... I honestly just dont want to raid old content like that. Much less can I field more than 4 friends online at a time.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I played enh for the first half of BFA and it went surprisingly well, but that spec is designed to give you carpal tunnel. Also you're squishy as all shit for being melee.

Daidraco

If you're out questing a lot - of course you see all sorts of difference classes/specs. But that data just backed up anecdotal evidence that most of us have experienced just from playing. Especially if you play more than one spec and see how much better certain classes do with the role you're currently not playing. I find it a bit tongue in cheek that my Mythic + group at legion launch and the following patch always consisted of Warrior Tank, Paladin Healer, and three ranged dps, which was meta af and I dont think we even realized it.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
So I started playing this again to get some rep for flying before the bonus expires. I haven't played since 8.1 so besides having 47 different things to do now, my biggest complaint is the combat I guess.

Why does every single outdoor rare, every dungeon boss, and I assume raid boss have to be some spastic twitch DDR fest? It seems every single fight now is placing shit under your feet every 3 seconds, or stunning you, or doing some other bullshit. Playing an AffLock (maybe that's my problem) I can't even setup my rotation on any of these mobs before it throws some bullshit that makes me move or stuns me or something.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old shit now, but that shits annoying.

• 1Solidarity

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It's more of the Blizzard "fun detected" curating process and shows no lessons were learned.
I was watching the feedback thread for Thorgast new changes - the introduction of timer-like debuffs. Because Blizzard is deeply worried that groups might wait for cooldowns between pulls to "win", which would make the run longer and "not fun". So their solution: YOU WILL KEEP HAVING FUN THE RIGHT WAY!