World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I like how you have to switch between classes every season to stay competitive. Really great design.
Well, if your design features a fast-track to re-gear every season, why not? At this point, you are no longer playing a character in a RPG, you're playing a roster of unlocked characters like a MOBA game...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I was watching the feedback thread for Thorgast new changes - the introduction of timer-like debuffs. Because Blizzard is deeply worried that groups might wait for cooldowns between pulls to "win", which would make the run longer and "not fun". So their solution: YOU WILL KEEP HAVING FUN THE RIGHT WAY!

I like Asmongolds take on this. If they are so determined to deter people from waiting 7 hours on lust to clear one floor they should just make it so you can only lust (or other 10min cds) on each floor only once. I'm fucking sick of time trials and that sounds like the only good solution to me.

I also have no problem if somebody wants to take 7 hours to clear one floor but clearly they don't want that.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I guess at least they started pretty low, but yeah this is a fucking dumb idea. Good news is it's pretty universally disliked and so far they've listened to other feedback so maybe there is hope. But lmfao blizzard.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who cares? I was certainly not going to sit and wait for lust every pull because that sounds boring as fuck.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Unsurprisingly Fyff completely misses the point and chooses to focus on one 10 minute cooldown and not the new timer itself.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Based on interviews, the timer may be introduced for just keyed runs because they don’t want you to be incentivized to stay in there all day for progressing character power (ie, legendaries). Another version that you can run whenever will let you fuck around all day if you please.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unsurprisingly Fyff completely misses the point and chooses to focus on one 10 minute cooldown and not the new timer itself.
Unsurprisingly, Khane misses the point of the timer....

As I said before, Torghast is going to be a shitshow and I have no faith in them implementing it properly.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Tier Sets
  • Tier sets will make a return later in Shadowlands, but the team is still deciding what to do with set bonuses.
  • Set bonuses are one of the reasons they pulled back on tier sets originally. They limited item diversity because certain slots were locked to tier sets.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE LIKED TIER. And as if there was any inherent diversity in items anyway. Besides bullshit forging.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I guess at least they started pretty low, but yeah this is a fucking dumb idea. Good news is it's pretty universally disliked and so far they've listened to other feedback so maybe there is hope. But lmfao blizzard.
Honestly the other changes they did seem like they would have been sufficient to do most of what they wanted. Deaths being per run not per level and keeping you from going 30 levels on one entry keeping the anima from scaling into insanity. With the way the torments currently are working it seems like it is basically a non factor for the people who would min max buffs to begin with but actually a problem for the people who would never think of gaming the system like that.

That said they are iterating the fuck out of torgast and seem to be listening to feed back so I think we are in wait and see. I honestly don't see the torments being a big deal for my group one way or the other as currently implemented.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't think it's that big of a deal either, I'm just confused as to why they would do it lol. They already said rewards will be kind of capped at a certain point even though you can keep going so it's not like it matters but I'm just so sick of time trials, man

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE LIKED TIER. And as if there was any inherent diversity in items anyway. Besides bullshit forging.

Unpopular opinion but I don't care about tier sets in terms of power one way or another. If they add it cool, if they don't cool. I just want cool paladin armor.

Cybsled

I agree there is 2 sides to tier sets

1) The armor looks dope
2) The set bonus is awesome

If your setbonus sucks shit, then you usually want it because of #1 lol

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think it's that big of a deal either, I'm just confused as to why they would do it lol. They already said rewards will be kind of capped at a certain point even though you can keep going so it's not like it matters but I'm just so sick of time trials, man

Unpopular opinion but I don't care about tier sets in terms of power one way or another. If they add it cool, if they don't cool. I just want cool paladin armor.
I am guessing they were seeing some weird behavior that had them worried in testing but honestly if they are super worried about things like waiting on lust every pull just have a limit of lusts per level. Frankly there are some anima powers that allow you nearly permanent lust as is and things like one free lust per floor without getting the debuff that I am just not sure how big of a deal it is. Probably worth trying but I think the perception negatives probably outweigh any value it gives. High end players are not going to be fucking around on a single floor for an hour even if they do all of the things.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The problem with set bonuses was never the bonuses. It was the complete lack of flavor items outside of sets.

Classic is the perfect example of sets, with set bonuses (some terrible, some godly) but also having options outside of sets for items with good effects that when combined can be just as good or better than the set bonuses.

Retail WoW got away from that to the point where you'd wear your Normal mode set for the bonus over much higher ilvl gear in many cases, which is just fucking stupid.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The problem with set bonuses was never the bonuses. It was the complete lack of flavor items outside of sets.

Classic is the perfect example of sets, with set bonuses (some terrible, some godly) but also having options outside of sets for items with good effects that when combined can be just as good or better than the set bonuses.

Retail WoW got away from that to the point where you'd wear your Normal mode set for the bonus over much higher ilvl gear in many cases, which is just fucking stupid.

Honestly more little sets of 2-3 items would be nice to see. They have one two piece set of a ring/trinket in BFA dungeons. Add about 20 more of these things peppered throughout the expansion.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's just

Azerite Pieces and Necklace and cloak don't already limit your selection? I swear everytime they give an excuse there's a clear and blatant example that their reasoning is flawed.

"We just want ilvl to be the main factor in upgrading gear" Should be the punchline for this expac.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That timer change is gonna feel like doing groceries with a supermarket cart without wheels.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not thrilled at all on the change there, its honestly the main reason i was going to purchase the expansion. Outside of Torghast their is literally nothing appealing to the expansion atm.

• 1Solidarity