World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They're going to change it as soon as enough players are pissed and their metrics go down. You know it, I know it, Ion knows it, everybody fucking knows it.

As usual they are sniffing their own farts and too stubborn to admit something is wrong, until they are forced to. Don't worry though, lessons will be learned and we will do better next time we promise really.
Nah, it has nothing to do with that. It's planned that they will give in. I haven't really heard a single positive from a player on week long cooldowns so there is nothing about metrics. It won't effect most people but eventually they will say "They heard our voices" and change it. It's all a lip service ploy.

• 1Repost
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They're going to change it as soon as enough players are pissed and their metrics go down. You know it, I know it, Ion knows it, everybody fucking knows it.

The fact that this is pretty much the expected state of affairs with Blizzard is why I wont prepurchase games anymore.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
People complain about the fact that everything feels super generic, so Blizzard gives people meaningful choices and people still complain.

• 2Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
EhhSKcdX0AEndnN.png

• 9Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 10 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
People complain about the fact that everything feels super generic, so Blizzard gives people meaningful choices and people still complain.

Blizz hasn't given players anything meaningful since Legion. They aren't going to start now.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

But they aren't meaningful because you can change them. People will bitch endlessly because there is zero chance Blizzard is capable of balancing the Covenant abilities. For whatever content patch certain covenants will absolutely have an edge over the others per class.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thing is there are basically 3 paths to end game right now. Raiding. PVP. M+

I can't think of any examples in this game's history where they have forcefully (week long cooldown is forceful) pigeon holed you into optimizing for a certain roll. This is basically taking away choice. That is never a good design choice for any type of game. No idea why they are so scared to let people play the game they want to play.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thing is there are basically 3 paths to end game right now. Raiding. PVP. M+

I can't think of any examples in this game's history where they have forcefully (week long cooldown is forceful) pigeon holed you into optimizing for a certain roll. This is basically taking away choice. That is never a good design choice for any type of game. No idea why they are so scared to let people play the game they want to play.
Bored people unsub.

I'm not defending their decision. But I imagine this restriction keep content "fresher" longer. Thus, people stay subbed.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
But they aren't meaningful because you can change them. People will bitch endlessly because there is zero chance Blizzard is capable of balancing the Covenant abilities. For whatever content patch certain covenants will absolutely have an edge over the others per class.
You cannot have meaningful choices in an "RPG" tied to character power that are subject to continued tuning and balance passes in future patches that determine my character's worth in content with competitive selection pressures.

Somebody in design was huffing too many of their own farts during their weekly D&D sessions to think this would work despite known player behavior over decades proving otherwise.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage

"Meaningful" choices that you get handcuffed into and regret if you make the wrong choice. And god forbid you like doing more than one thing with your character and that choice doesn't mesh with multiple gameplay preferences. Nobody enjoys "if you had to choose one thing for the rest of your life" dilemmas. That isnt interesting or meaningful. At all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's ok though they listened to all the feedback and you can now change your covenant every 2 weeks, so if you ever want to heal for some mythic after raiding as DPS, just wait 2 weeks.

• 3Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm enjoying these animated previews they have been doing. They make it sound like Shadowlands is pretty cool with a compelling plotline, so good marketing there.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Worf

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Would make for good support superstructure for a goblin/gnome highrise.

It is weird that they didn't even try to address this part of the plotline. I can only assume that it will be integral to the post afterlife plot

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of plotlines.. we doing anything about the giant fucking sword killing Azeroth?

iu

They really need to have Gallywix make abandoned plot points like this into amusement parks and silly shit like that. It'd be within character for him and still actually funny.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Covenant is per character, hence the roll 4 of each class meme.

Thing is here that if the advantage is significant enough in Mythic progression. The only thing Ion cares about. Then Method and the professional poopsockers absolutely will do this.

It's hardly a meme.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Azeroth's just going through her teenage phase, that's basically a belly button stud.