World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Right now I'm some retard without a cloak. I'll report back once I sneak into a Nyalotha!

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cloak is your easiest and biggest upgrade at this point. Quest is an hour and unlocks some easy 445+ pieces. You are much better off doing that than heroic dungeons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I started BFA a few weeks ago, and goddamn what a confusing expansion. Leveling content was great, but goddamn they went overboard with everything else. There is not a single thing that is catch up friendly in this expansion besides getting your necklace up to 80 or what ever.

After trying to figure all that shit out, anyone in my shoes or Koushirou who is coming back for shadowlands, just wait for pre patch. You will save yourself some headache!

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep LFR still remains one of the worst decisions in this game and it keeps going. Honestly if they are that worried about story they can a) rely on youtube, b) release NPC with "watch raid video or something. Not like their stories are coherent and linear anyway.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I tried LFR nzoth once. We wiped 5 times. I left and had my brothers uber guild carry me while I afked dead in the corner. Ez.

Do not do LFR nzoth.

Also the mount that is going away is the mount from heroic nzoth achievement, not just the 5 mil mount.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Can you do multiple runs of horrific visions in a day and still get loot? Just don't want to waste this expensive token shit. Also, are there people doing the heroic raid for free, or how much does getting carried for this cost? I have 15k gold...

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Horrific Vision loot is once per week, but it is weird. You can get each of these drops once per week. But if you do say the Full clear 5 masks twice the first time gets the 470, the second the 465. So you always get the next highest you have not earned as long as you clear equal to or above it, until all 8 items have been looted.
Gear Reward Item Level
ConditionItem Level Rewarded
Main Objective Only (Thrall or Alleria)420
Main Objective + 2 Bonus430
Full Clear (All 5 Objectives)445
Full Clear + 1 Mask450
Full Clear + 2 Masks455
Full Clear + 3 Masks460
Full Clear + 4 Masks465
Full Clear + 5 Masks470

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Can you do multiple runs of horrific visions in a day and still get loot? Just don't want to waste this expensive token shit. Also, are there people doing the heroic raid for free, or how much does getting carried for this cost? I have 15k gold...

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I tried LFR nzoth once. We wiped 5 times. I left and had my brothers uber guild carry me while I afked dead in the corner. Ez.

Do not do LFR nzoth.

Also the mount that is going away is the mount from heroic nzoth achievement, not just the 5 mil mount.
There are like 5 mounts going away and all the final boss mounts are dropping to a .01% drop rate.

Koushirou Koushirou last is saw advertised in trade chat a full heroic was 150k and a final boss only was 80k. You have to have your cloak, if you don't and die before you get a rag they keep your money. Perky Pugs and a couple other discords and streamers do free carries on a lottery system.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Do not do LFR nzoth.

Yeah, but unless you want a particular looking mount, none of the other mounts matter. An AH mount actually is actually useful.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hyki04mf5rn51.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Cloak is your easiest and biggest upgrade at this point. Quest is an hour and unlocks some easy 445+ pieces. You are much better off doing that than heroic dungeons.

This is the cloak, right?

At this point my BFA battle plan is:

-Get cloak
-Hopefully play up through the Queen Azshara raid
-Quit WoW, go back to EQ, and watch N'Zoth on Youtube

• 1Worf

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>

This is the cloak, right?

At this point my BFA battle plan is:

-Get cloak
-Hopefully play up through the Queen Azshara raid
-Quit WoW, go back to EQ, and watch N'Zoth on Youtube
Why are you even trying to catch up in the last week's of a expansion, it makes no sense, just wait for shadowlands like a sane person

Rime

<Donor>
No reason to 'catch up', but if you want the Uncorrupted Voidwing mount, you have to have the Legendary Cloak. Otherwise, you get auto-charmed at the start of the N'zoth fight and do not receive credit.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why are you even trying to catch up in the last week's of a expansion, it makes no sense, just wait for shadowlands like a sane person

Eh, I just wanted to "finish up" BFA since I did a lot of it in the past, and was into the N'Zoth / Queen Azshara lore. I think I'm good with it now, having seen all of that.