World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Look how they’ve murdered what is probably my all time favorite game.
You know what to do.

iu

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Preach is saying to hold off on Legendary Creation till after Castle Nathria has been out for a week. Suspects they'll be nerfed/changed. Considering the Memory that I've been banging my head against to drop in Atonement for example, looking at the notes - its changed 8 times since September. Thoughts?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I keep picturing old geriatric fucks walking around the mall every time I get a cut scene of the game sucking my dick. Instead of CHAMPION, I AM THE MALL WALKER.

4osrcm.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Preach is saying to hold off on Legendary Creation till after Castle Nathria has been out for a week. Suspects they'll be nerfed/changed. Considering the Memory that I've been banging my head against to drop in Atonement for example, looking at the notes - its changed 8 times since September. Thoughts?

Does it really matter for normal people? You can only wear one leg and crafting a new one is two weeks of Thorgast? It's a 190 item and even if the skill is not the one you want, might be better than waiting weeks for the right one to drop. Especially if yours drop in the raid with a lower chance.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Does it really matter for normal people? You can only wear one leg and crafting a new one is two weeks of Thorgast? It's a 190 item and even if the skill is not the one you want, might be better than waiting weeks for the right one to drop. Especially if yours drop in the raid with a lower chance.
And its only 30k to get a new one...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Yea.. I just made my legendary this morning before I read this. Hopefully they don't change it. I made Stormstout's Keg for my brewmaster.

Saw the discussion about Torghast the last couple days. It's crazy how OP my Brewmaster is in there. I've been trying different combos of moves out while carrying my dps buddies through the thing. Cheesiest thing I've found so far is Corrosive Dosage: it makes your Vivify (heal) spell leave a dust on the player that deals 50% of the healing as damage to mobs around them every 1 second for 3 seconds. The most I've got it stacked up to so far is 3, so 150% damage per second for three seconds. Was pretty funny. After I got the second stack all I did the rest of the dungeon is walk up to groups of mobs and Vivify until they died. Took about 30 seconds on the last boss, didn't move or dodge or do anything else.

The one that deals damage when rolling or jumping while under the effects of Weapons of Order is pretty awesome too. Haven't had more than one stack of that one, but when you pair it with the Phial of Serenity resetting Weapons of Order, it's pretty fun. Definitely enjoying Torghast. I've played a lot of XIV over the years and have spent quite a bit of time in PoTD. Definitely like WoW's version of the "deep dungeon" better so far. We'll see how things go as the floors progress.

• 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya. Figured that out yesterday. Thought people were just seeing parts of the story through their covenants eyes. But so far, it sounds like Kyrian have the best covenant story with
Uther and Arthas
and everyone else is drinking tea or some such nonsense.
Arthas appears in Chapter quest you get at R5? Do you run around in the Maw / Torghast with Uther?

• 1Like

nu_11

What graphics settings should tone down so that I may actually see what's happening on my screen? Looks like a unicorn barfed on my screen every time I group up. I can't see shit cause lights are exploding everywhere.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What graphics settings should tone down so that I may actually see what's happening on my screen? Looks like a unicorn barfed on my screen every time I group up. I can't see shit cause lights are exploding everywhere.
barf.jpg

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Despite me earlier making fun of this, I have a window to play over Christmas and IRL friends to play with so I'm going to give this a go in a few weeks for one month. Torghast sounds fun.

I'm going to level a new character when playing with my IRL group and considering an allied race. How long does it take to unlock Void Elves and Nightbourne nowadays? I have probably about half of the Argus/Suramar campaigns done (I played Legion for 2-4 weeks before Battle for Azeroth launched). I'm worried about there being weekly lockouts, but I can sub a little earlier to prep.

What about Vulpera? I did some of their quests while levelling an alt.

Do Death Knights still have their own starting zone or are they forced onto faceroll island for 1-10?

• 2Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
Despite me earlier making fun of this, I have a window to play over Christmas and IRL friends to play with so I'm going to give this a go in a few weeks for one month. Torghast sounds fun.

I'm going to level a new character when playing with my IRL group and considering an allied race. How long does it take to unlock Void Elves and Nightbourne nowadays? I have probably about half of the Argus/Suramar campaigns done (I played Legion for 2-4 weeks before Battle for Azeroth launched). I'm worried about there being weekly lockouts, but I can sub a little earlier to prep.

What about Vulpera? I did some of their quests while levelling an alt.

Do Death Knights still have their own starting zone or are they forced onto faceroll island for 1-10?

They removed rep requirements for allied races, so you just need to finish up the required quest lines :
- Suramar for Nightborne (don't know if some of the quests are still gated behind rep gates though)
- Argus for Void Elves (easy enough, no gating here that I remember)
- Voldun for Vulpera (should be the easiest, especially if you have BFA flying).

Allied races DK start like any other allied races at lvl10, you get a bit of dialogue with Bolvar and off you go questing. Old races DK still start in their old starting zone (which aged quite badly) at lvl8.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They removed rep requirements for allied races, so you just need to finish up the required quest lines :
- Suramar for Nightborne (don't know if some of the quests are still gated behind rep gates though)
- Argus for Void Elves (easy enough, no gating here that I remember)
- Voldun for Vulpera (should be the easiest, especially if you have BFA flying).

Allied races DK start like any other allied races at lvl10, you get a bit of dialogue with Bolvar and off you go questing. Old races DK still start in their old starting zone (which aged quite badly) at lvl8.
Thanks that's really helpful, did they not make a new DK Starting Zone with Bolvar, it's still the original Tyr's Hand thing working for OG Lich King?

Was thinking Death Knight just to try that out.

Malkav

French Madman
Thanks that's really helpful, did they not make a new DK Starting Zone with Bolvar, it's still the original Tyr's Hand thing working for OG Lich King?

Was thinking Death Knight just to try that out.

Yeah, it's still the OG one. Canonically, old races DK were turned before WOTLK, while allied races DK were turned recenlty so they get the really short intro with Bolvar and that's it.