World of Warcraft: Current Year

Burns

Some data mining on covenants, pulled from WoW API.

2020-12-08 09.26.00 wowranks.io 87b4dc7707f6.png

2020-12-08 09.19.21 wowranks.io ac2de8a3c2b6.png

2020-12-08 09.19.43 wowranks.io d8210b913c67.png

2020-12-08 09.19.59 wowranks.io 8332cf30e875.png

2020-12-08 09.20.14 wowranks.io 7658c219ebab.png

• 1Wow!
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Although I am going to be sore about it, I fully expect some type of "balance" pass to come through for those covenant abilities on classes that are 160-174k range. Meanwhile, knowing Blizzards history - I also fully expect nothing to get "buffed". I just specifically stayed away from Venthyr for my Paladin specifically because I thought that would happen when they said "that" was the best covenant to have.

For those of you that arent preparing the guild bank for raid consumables or trying to make money off the AH - this is by far the most useful, easy to use, TOY in the game right now. You cast it, it opens a portal, you get a selection of what zone you want to go to and its an instant port. 15 minute CD, with only 1 skill needed in engineering to use AND they can be bought on the AH. (zero fail chance)
Useful.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some of the expected pvp nerfs. Wouldn't be surprised to see some more sub changes, some mage nerfs to their one shot ability.

pvpNerfs.png

Daidraco

Proper setup of those two abilities/passive into Divine Toll with Ringing Clarity, when it procced, would one shot people. So that was obviously not going to last. Im just glad it was only changed for PVP. (even though the opposing person is still going to be almost dead at that point - but theres still a chance you can survive.)

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Last edited:
  • 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have to say I am pretty happy with fae on my monk. Pretty solid usable power on all specs on a decent CD and it looks fun and flashy to use.

Juvarisx

Florida
Venthyr as an enhance shaman is excellent, Chain Harvest interacts with Maelstorm and in turn Hailstorm which ramps up AoE and is a really great oh shit button during heavy AoE dmg situations. Door of shadows is nice, i hate the cast time but what are you going to do.

Overall the expansion is fun, yea its time gated but i'm too old to dump 10 hours a day into this anymore so it works out fine. I really like the dungeons this time around, there is enough ways to skip trash for experienced players and will make M+ something you can think outside the box with.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, the dungeons feel good. Really nice mix of various boss mechanics with the odd dungeon mechanic thrown in for good measure. The covenant tricks are a nice touch.

I fucking loathed BFA's dungeons, and wasn't a fan of most Legion ones. These feel like a definite step up.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, the dungeons feel good. Really nice mix of various boss mechanics with the odd dungeon mechanic thrown in for good measure. The covenant tricks are a nice touch.

I fucking loathed BFA's dungeons, and wasn't a fan of most Legion ones. These feel like a definite step up.

I have liked the dungeons so far even on heroic mode they are still pretty fun. A couple of them would have me a bit worried on how they are like on mythic+ but otherwise really pretty solid.

• 1Like

Daidraco

I have liked the dungeons so far even on heroic mode they are still pretty fun. A couple of them would have me a bit worried on how they are like on mythic+ but otherwise really pretty solid.
That's exactly what I was going to say. Like that mini boss in Atonement with all of the ghosts in the pews? Going to be a nightmare with some of the (affixes, hyperlinking is weird atm) affixes even though right now its obnoxiously easy to do without them. Spiteful and Storming are just going to be a huge pain in the ass. Prideful for this season actually looks.. useful, at the same time bad which is cool.

I thoroughly enjoy the dungeons so far. Ive done atonement more times than I care to remember, and still dont mind going in there for another run. De Other Side is a bit annoying, but I feel like with solid Mythic+ groups - it wont be near as time consuming. Tirna Scithe or w/e is the only one that may be annoying to do time after time, only because people fail that dumb ass puzzle so much.

The Covenant bonuses in each one are nice, but only to a point. Some, like the Night Fae in Tirna Scithe are really good. They give that shortcut and a quick shroom to help you on your way. But as a tank, I feel like the Venthyr ones can eat a dick. People will go out of their way to aggro a group of mobs for that dumb ass Gargoyle. The lanterns are nice, but you should be able to pick them up and carry them a short distance. Necrolords are so rare that Im not even sure Ive seen anyone click those flags, and if they did - then its impact is unnoticeable. I have yet to see what, if any, Kyrian bonuses are in dungeons. All Ive seen in Kyrian dungeons that are impactful are those weapons/shields/hammers that you can pick up and they arent tied to any covenant (but god I love when people know where the spear is and when to use it).

I cant place my finger on it, but I hated every single BFA dungeon. I always felt like I was zig zagging all across the gd map. Some of the bosses didnt have great telegraphs, so any new player could wipe you. Felt like absolute tons of trash in every single one and the affixes were just straight aids. Legion had a lot of good dungeons - they could have changed Maw of Souls so you didnt run it so much but it was still a good dungeon. Vault of the Wardens was really the only one that I disliked. Didnt really hate it, but the dungeon had a knack for showing you how bad people were. Same kind of thing with WoD. I really liked those dungeons, but disliked the Orc ones. etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Venthyr as an enhance shaman is excellent, Chain Harvest interacts with Maelstorm and in turn Hailstorm which ramps up AoE and is a really great oh shit button during heavy AoE dmg situations. Door of shadows is nice, i hate the cast time but what are you going to do.

I went Night Fae on mine just because I wanted it for flavor and didn't want to go all try hard this expac, but I'm slightly regretting it because Chain Harvest does look fun as shit. Not sure how much work it is to swap, though...

Daidraco

I went Night Fae on mine just because I wanted it for flavor and didn't want to go all try hard this expac, but I'm slightly regretting it because Chain Harvest does look fun as shit. Not sure how much work it is to swap, though...
When they say easy to swap to another, they mean it. You can catch your renown level up in a single evening. I dont know how fast catch up is this week, but last weeks catch up gave you more than you could actually attain. You ended up with 7 renown levels, and if you turn in the second 1000 anima one - you didnt get anything, just stayed at 6. Your companions, like the ones you rescue in the Torghast for example, show up waiting for you at the entrance to go into Torghast. The game equates those quests as the same for each covenant, so you click them - and then you're back in action. You get a whole new set of soul quests, as well. The only downside afaik is that you start from lvl 1 with your companions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
That doesn't sound horrible, actually. Can't remember if it was asked in here, but if I swap to Venthyr, hang there for a bit and then swap back to Night Fae would by current Night Fae progress still be there, or would I have to start from scratch (which I guess doesn't sound like it'd be a super big deal, but mostly wondering about the anima cost of buildings and shit)?

Daidraco

Ive heard shit all about people switching back. If you find out, be sure to give a run down here (if no one else answers) cause if they nerf Divine Toll into the ground.. Looks like Ill be serving Tea to rich people.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

How Do I Rejoin A Covenant in Shadowlands?​

Rejoining a Covenant you had previously belonged to is no small feat. Since the previous Covenant feels that you committed an act of betrayal, you will be required to prove your dedication to them once again. In this case, you will need to complete two consecutive weekly quests before you will be allowed to rejoin.

You do not officially leave your previous Covenant until you have completed all the steps to switch.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I don't know how gay the covenant shit is going to end up with being able to switch back and forth, but what Blizzard should have done is treat it kind of like Warmode where the shittiest Covenant that blows ultra dick.. currently the necromonger cunts, gets a % bonus to their abilities.. They would prevent everyone from going to one over the other.

Daidraco

I'm trying to prepare for this evening. Im expecting/hoping to have somewhere around 5 to 6 bosses done out of the 10. But I figured this map would be helpful for those that are wanting to at least be familiar with early boss mechanics, regardless of what guild you're in.

7s68syecnly51.jpg