World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
2 months ago I was rolling my eyes at the thought of playing this game again, now I'm sitting here waiting for the damn servers to come back up.

Addiction & beaten wife syndrome is glorious.

• 2Worf
  • 2Pathetic
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2 months ago I was rolling my eyes at the thought of playing this game again, now I'm sitting here waiting for the damn servers to come back up.

Addiction & beaten wife syndrome is glorious.
I somehow forget every other major patch days length, but 5PM Eastern is too damn late in the day. Gotta do my "Adventure" table!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a point at which a substat, like Mastery, hits DR and you should go for other substats? If so, what is it?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Is there a point at which a substat, like Mastery, hits DR and you should go for other substats? If so, what is it?

Not sure there's a specific point it happens. Everything I've heard mostly says to keep them at least somewhat balanced and to bust out some stats with your gear on Raidbots or similar because the values will swing around often.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Check raidbots for detailed weights for your character, or just check icy veins or something for a general stat priority for your spec.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
DH is so fun as a tank in dungeons right now. Simp AOE magic, plus Fel Devistation, plus Soul Bomb is pretty serious damage. Also while DH have a hard time keeping Mitigation uptime, they seem perfect for large pulls. However, I feel as things scale DK and Brew will start pushing ahead in higher keys.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I feel a little squishy at times with my Paly but the deeps is real and it’s very fun. I can’t imagine playing any other spec right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also pally is a blast in pvp at the minute, ret and prot both. I'm still pretty set on maining my MM hunter, but my 60 pally is a really fun class to play right now. The Venthyr ability is amazing, even with the 4 minute c/d.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DH is so fun as a tank in dungeons right now. Simp AOE magic, plus Fel Devistation, plus Soul Bomb is pretty serious damage. Also while DH have a hard time keeping Mitigation uptime, they seem perfect for large pulls. However, I feel as things scale DK and Brew will start pushing ahead in higher keys.

DK hits a ceiling. Because of how the tank works(taking basically full damage and healing it back up with the occasional DR up) you hit a ceiling eventually where you just get 1 rounded and no chance to heal via deathstrike. While other tanks will keep going as they are based more around keeping a DR going at all time and brew's stagger just gets better and better the more incoming damage there is.

@ The above. I wish my blood DK was still fun in pvp. They nerfed it so bad. I used to be able to stay alive and just be a nuisance with CC, snares, interrupts etc. But now I can't self heal to even keep up with 1 medicore dps and you still do dick all for damage. I had to level my hunter to have fun in pvp again.

Daidraco

There are diminishing returns, but we should not reach any in this tier. Your class discord should have a sticky with what they are if you're just curious. But overall, as Koush said - you just need to keep them balanced. Depending on your role, it may be tricky. Such as a tank would need to keep in mind what his TUF sims to, and what his DPS sims to. So if a new piece of gear drops and its a 1-2% TUF loss, but a 30% DPS gain.. then you have to make that conscious decision whether to equip it or not. There is also a launch "best practice" that all classes need a certain amount of haste before anything else in order to operate - such as 18-20% haste for a prot paladin. So for example, Haste to 20% > Mastery > Versatility > Haste above 20% > Crit.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
DK hits a ceiling. Because of how the tank works(taking basically full damage and healing it back up with the occasional DR up) you hit a ceiling eventually where you just get 1 rounded and no chance to heal via deathstrike. While other tanks will keep going as they are based more around keeping a DR going at all time and brew's stagger just gets better and better the more incoming damage there is.

@ The above. I wish my blood DK was still fun in pvp. They nerfed it so bad. I used to be able to stay alive and just be a nuisance with CC, snares, interrupts etc. But now I can't self heal to even keep up with 1 medicore dps and you still do dick all for damage. I had to level my hunter to have fun in pvp again.
That sucks. Ideally all of the tank specs would be viable in PvP. Maybe not in 2’s but 3v3’s and up.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also pally is a blast in pvp at the minute, ret and prot both. I'm still pretty set on maining my MM hunter, but my 60 pally is a really fun class to play right now. The Venthyr ability is amazing, even with the 4 minute c/d.

Ditto for PVE. Pally is going hard in SL.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This.... I haven't tried prot or ret in PvP but in dungeons and Torghast prot paladin rules. It's so much faceroll as prot in Torghast I switched to ret with less defense for a challenge.

Daidraco

This.... I haven't tried prot or ret in PvP but in dungeons and Torghast prot paladin rules. It's so much faceroll as prot in Torghast I switched to ret with less defense for a challenge.
I play Torghast like I do Elder Scrolls and look in every crack and crevace. By the time I get to the last boss, it's either a slog with no health loss or a quick death for the boss. So I cant wait to have a minute to do Torghast this week and see what layer I really start to get punished on that Paladin.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users