World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If it wasn't such a featured part of this expansion, I'd almost expect them to drop it and forget it like the did with methhead army in Legion. That idea had potential too.
Methhead party, lol. That actually had a lot of staying power and kept me interested in doing it regularly until one day when I just didn't need it anymore. Wish they had added more encounters like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just healed a heroic with my PS4 controller, it was faceroll. Suck it keyboard peasants.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Methhead party, lol. That actually had a lot of staying power and kept me interested in doing it regularly until one day when I just didn't need it anymore. Wish they had added more encounters like that.
Exactly, I just got bored of it eventually, oh and they nerfed some little method of farming something I forget. I destroyed so many fox mount items during legion, meanwhile people haven't even seen the first lol. A progressive set of dungeons, army count/skills once in awhile would have been perfect.

Making it into a long assed WQ just turned most people off.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just healed a heroic with my PS4 controller, it was faceroll. Suck it keyboard peasants.

https://i.redd.it/2dbt9709fu241.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Torghast is a really fun playground that can quickly be turned into a frustrating experience... doesnt help that the rewards are kinda 'meh'

Chris

Potato del Grande
Let's see your damage in that run
Zero, I was the healer.

I do need to set up keybinds for damage as Icy Veins seemed to think I should be spaming Smite when not healing. I've played Disc before so that's no problem, just need some target of target macros.

Won't be a problem.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone said it was in beta, but I imagined Torghast to be some kind of infinite tower that you kept your powers from floor to floor, ramping up until only most autistic could possibly progress further. Mix it up and add more shit to it each content patch, add just enough carrot to make it rewarding, and I would actually enjoy doing it regularly as a diversion when there isn't anything else going on. "Skilled" people get more of the rewards & faster, scrubby folks get less & slower, yet no one is completely left out.

If it wasn't such a featured part of this expansion, I'd almost expect them to drop it and forget it like the did with methhead army in Legion. That idea had potential too.

A month in, I don't find it as amusing as I'd originally thought it would be.

You have PvP and Raiding to make players feel like they getting kicked in the nuts all the time Blizzard, it's ok if the rest of your ingame systems are fun first.

Withered Army Training was some good shit imo. I think it had a lot to do with the chests and mini quests inside of it, along with everything else. You got something neat, you could pick it up at the end. With Torghast.. I think Ive got a pet out of it altogether? Other than the obvious soul ash and companions. Just another thing Blizzard could make great, but has/is dropping the ball on it. They are so concerned with one thing or another taking precedence over raiding.. and it just feels like they purposefully put half ass effort into everything else.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Zero, I was the healer.

I do need to set up keybinds for damage as Icy Veins seemed to think I should be spaming Smite when not healing. I've played Disc before so that's no problem, just need some target of target macros.

Won't be a problem.
I queued up for a dungeon as a healer the other day, and halfway through I was getting bored because there wasn't much damage going out. I thought to myself that it was time to focus on getting enough ilvl to queue into heroics. Turns out it was a heroic and I had queued into one without knowing. That's how easy they are.

I also did 17% of the groups damage as a resto druid, because dpsing as a healer has mattered since MOP.

The point is that nothing you have said in anyway validates your controller usage. You are an active and willing handicap to your team. "good enough" is not good enough.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I queued up for a dungeon as a healer the other day, and halfway through I was getting bored because there wasn't much damage going out. I thought to myself that it was time to focus on getting enough ilvl to queue into heroics. Turns out it was a heroic and I had queued into one without knowing. That's how easy they are.

I also did 17% of the groups damage as a resto druid, because dpsing as a healer has mattered since MOP.

The point is that nothing you have said in anyway validates your controller usage. You are an active and willing handicap to your team. "good enough" is not good enough.
What is handicapping me? That I forgot Smite procs free Flash Heals or I'm perfecting keybinds which everyone does when they start playing again? Those ain't controller issues.

I have faster movement and faster keybinds than stone age mouse and keyboard plebs. I'm on a laptop so I have the keyboard right there too if I need to chat.

• 1Hodjing

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think your brain is handicapping you. But I can't tell if you're trolling. When you brag about healing an heroic dungeon when +17's have already been timed.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think your brain is handicapping you. But I can't tell if you're trolling. When you brag about healing an heroic dungeon when +17's have already been timed.
I'm not bragging, it was face roll. Someone commented that I would be stuck in normal dungeons.

Chris

Potato del Grande
No, you don't. If you think you do: Then you were shit to begin with.
How is wiggling my thumb slower than you moving your wrist/entire arm?

Moving backwards is actually way faster since you don't get slow walk backwards with a controller, your character instantly faces backwards and instantly runs.

Jumping is quick too since you just click the movement stick, don't need to move your hand to the spacebar or change keybinds for it.

Keybinds, I have as many as I want. 40 at the moment as healer but I'm filling up to 50 and can enable even more. ConsolePort shows the active ones on screen and cooldowns for all of them, so no need to remember them.

Face it, you are a cassette tape and I'm DVD.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Am I getting Poe's law'd here, people? That move hand to spacebar bit really tipped it into obvious troll territory for me.

• 1Like