World of Warcraft: Current Year

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't expect a new super amazeballs MMO to save us all. But I do expect something to fill the void with WoW's decline.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Its only after the class has been out for a couple expansions do you start to see them wither down below the class designers favorite classes (Warlock is always a solid choice imo).
And, to be honest, I slowly realized that it pissed me off long-term: With all the bullshit Blizzard has said over the years regarding class balance, and all the "internal tools" they claim to have for it, they still can't balance shit within 10%. Which in turn leads to a skewed player perception, which leads to some specs having a hard time, because of course "the numbers on the charts at icy-veins don't lie." And all the promises about class balance. Remember in Shadowlands, when the promise was "covenants will be balanced"?

So no, I don't want an OP class at the start for all the FotM chasers, I wand a somewhat balanced game, which should be better for the long-term health of the game.

And all those "new OP classes" haven't withered, they were actively redesigned and--may I say so--sabotaged. Remember when mistweaker monks had fistweaving, but then Blizzard suddenly decided that "healing through damage" is a stupid class fantasy, only to give it to paladins at the exact same time? And all the back and forth with brewmaster monks about shuffle, and them being squishy at the start, and then the reply was "lol, just roll away from the boss"?

If there is a god, I hope he redesigns the assholes of the people responsible with hemorrhoids.

[/USER] Neranja Neranja - I personally am glad they are desparate. Its why Im watching to see what they are doing and how they are reacting to shit this time around. A few classes are just left to the dregs in the current talent tree designs. Last I heard it was Shadow Priest and a couple others. Are they going to actively work on those till theyre in a good spot? Or do their usual routine and let them flounder for most of the expansion? I personally would do anything to get the Legion Prenerf or after nerfed S2M Spriest back. They decided to change the mount almost immediately on the 500 mount achievement reward because of word of mouth - so... fuck, its just so hard to tell. I just hope that if this expansion does actually have a fucking soul that its success doesnt lead them right back down the path of telling the players fuck you, again.
Holy shit, that triggered my PTSD. I have a tendency to look out for fun and somewhat complicated specs with a high skill ceiling, and Blizzard in turn tends to "redesign" them every time I start to really master them. On the top of my list is feral druid, shadowpriest and bm/mw monk.

As I said before, I want all specs to be somewhat viable and balanced. And yes, "no spec left behind" means that "no spec is OP and gets ahead" at the same time. This is what "bring the player, not the class" should be about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And, to be honest, I slowly realized that it pissed me off long-term: With all the bullshit Blizzard has said over the years regarding class balance, and all the "internal tools" they claim to have for it, they still can't balance shit within 10%. Which in turn leads to a skewed player perception, which leads to some specs having a hard time, because of course "the numbers on the charts at icy-veins don't lie." And all the promises about class balance. Remember in Shadowlands, when the promise was "covenants will be balanced"?

So no, I don't want an OP class at the start for all the FotM chasers, I wand a somewhat balanced game, which should be better for the long-term health of the game.

And all those "new OP classes" haven't withered, they were actively redesigned and--may I say so--sabotaged. Remember when mistweaker monks had fistweaving, but then Blizzard suddenly decided that "healing through damage" is a stupid class fantasy, only to give it to paladins at the exact same time? And all the back and forth with brewmaster monks about shuffle, and them being squishy at the start, and then the reply was "lol, just roll away from the boss"?

If there is a god, I hope he redesigns the assholes of the people responsible with hemorrhoids.

Holy shit, that triggered my PTSD. I have a tendency to look out for fun and somewhat complicated specs with a high skill ceiling, and Blizzard in turn tends to "redesign" them every time I start to really master them. On the top of my list is feral druid, shadowpriest and bm/mw monk.

As I said before, I want all specs to be somewhat viable and balanced. And yes, "no spec left behind" means that "no spec is OP and gets ahead" at the same time. This is what "bring the player, not the class" should be about.
Hey now, I enjoyed all four Windwalker Monk specs in MoP!

Rune of Reorigination in Throne of Thunder will be a fond memory until my senility

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
That is why I am concerned this could just become borrowed power 2.0 in the next xpac. TBD I guess
Hell, it isn't even borrowed power. It is regifted power. Oh what fun it will be to spend 10 levels getting the talents we have now. Progress! Two steps forward, two step back!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So how mobile are the healers then? Super mobile?

Mobility tends to be a really fucking strong thing to have in every single aspect of the game.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't get suckered in. I know there is shit all for games on the market but this is not the way.
Shit aint coming out for 5 months, minimum. Im sure there are couple here that have preordered it, but I think a good chunk of people are at least waiting to see something they like. I dont care what people play though. After going through every single major MMO in the last year (and you know for a fact I did) - they all suck fucking hard in one way or another. Yet, I still had fun playing a GD single player game - so I know it aint me.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Fool me once... and all that...
Legion was a huge mistake they will not commit again.
I guarantee this expansion is going to be shit, because it comes from a shit company with shit employees and shit execs and just overall shit.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fool me once... and all that...
Legion was a huge mistake they will not commit again.
I guarantee this expansion is going to be shit, because it comes from a shit company with shit employees and shit execs and just overall shit.
Im confused, legion was good or bad in your opinion?...

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Im confused, legion was good or bad in your opinion?...
Yeah, Legion was great. Remove it... and it only gets worse from expansion to expansion.
Legion was the result of having way too many people coming from titan that had nothing to do... so they had to come up with things to make them usefull.

I don't believe for a minute that this upcoming expansion is going to be any better than shadowlands or BfA.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I don't believe for a minute that this upcoming expansion is going to be any better than shadowlands or BfA.
It won't be. It is made by the same people who made BFA and SL. The same team who never listens to anyone and implements dumb, boring grinds and piles of systems that blow chunks. In fact, I'll wager that it'll be worse because Blizzards is even more full of SJW's and men who wear women's clothing in public.

• 1Worf

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Legion was great. Remove it... and it only gets worse from expansion to expansion.
Legion was the result of having way too many people coming from titan that had nothing to do... so they had to come up with things to make them usefull.

Just to add to this... do you remember each profession having a quest chain?
The jeweler quest chain had this tiny mini game where you chipped way at a jewel.
A whole thing had to be done just for that bit in the quest.
It screams of "oh you don't have anything to do... then... I guess do this!".

This is the same expansion where EVERY class had its own class hall and personal story and each weapon its own little scenario!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Some of you guys are considering giving them money for this? Nut up and have some principles.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Just to add to this... do you remember each profession having a quest chain?
The jeweler quest chain had this tiny mini game where you chipped way at a jewel.
A whole thing had to be done just for that bit in the quest.
It screams of "oh you don't have anything to do... then... I guess do this!".

This is the same expansion where EVERY class had its own class hall and personal story and each weapon its own little scenario!

Guess if you can't beat them.. join them .. right ?

hahahahahahahahahahaha