World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It’s really fucking weird. Degeneracy in real life then fucking Taliban in digital life.

A lot of that stuff really doesn't make any sense. My local library system decided to not carry any copies of Hogwarts Legacy at any of their branches. I'm at one the other day and see that they still have the entire Harry Potter book series and movie series, and multiple copies of both, just sitting there prominently displayed.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A quick short cause I cant really find a summed up version better than Asmongold's. Even the developers hate WoW PVP. :trump:

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
A quick short cause I cant really find a summed up version better than Asmongold's. Even the developers hate WoW PVP. :trump:

I am ok with this. Honestly PvP has been pretty much ass in WoW for a long long long time. Ever since X-realm BGs were added it has been nothing more than botting for gear.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am ok with this. Honestly PvP has been pretty much ass in WoW for a long long long time. Ever since X-realm BGs were added it has been nothing more than botting for gear.
PvP was only fun when it was about going into a raid, getting gear no one else had, and stomping people in gulch/ab/av. When they tried to make it an Esport it became so fucking tedious and had no rewarding feeling loop.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

The thing I hated about WoW PvP is for the longest time they refused to balance it differently than PvE because they didn’t want players getting confused or whatever. This just created a more massive schism between pve and PvP because class tuning and balance was being directly influenced by the different gameplay type

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's why I kinda like 2023 Blizzard, not only they got Holinka back in charge of PvP, now they just openly make fun of PvPers. The hints are getting bigger!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pvp is always fine as a side thing for amusement. Fighting players in the open world and shit is fun enough at times.

Devoting so much development resources to it was always retarded because they refused to balance them separately.

It should be like. This is a PvE game where yes you can PVP but we don't put much effort to it. Have fun tho!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Pvp is always fine as a side thing for amusement. Fighting players in the open world and shit is fun enough at times.

Devoting so much development resources to it was always retarded because they refused to balance them separately.

It should be like. This is a PvE game where yes you can PVP but we don't put much effort to it. Have fun tho!
I thought.. in BFA?... I think? Werent they balanced separately at that point? Like you could hover over an ability and hit ALT or something and it would show you the differences of the ability while doing PVP? I cant log in to check if its still like that cause I dont have any WoW's installed - but thats what I thought was still active. Unless they removed that and now its back to an ability is just automatically weaker in PVP because it was "too confusing" or some other generic response to shirk responsibility.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
image.png

markiplier-squeal.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I was going to say I have noticed an uptick in the amount of free stuff they are sending out in regards to this expac. I think I've seen free gametime, free character boost and a discount on the expac itself shown up in emails. Did the expac just bomb that badly? I really haven't been keeping up on retail.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Saw the ad in my email. Said free trial for the expansion, but you still need to have a current sub to use it. Who the fuck is still subbing to this shit that wouldn't have the current expac? The hell is there to do? And I can't really see too many people throwing down a month of sub just for a few days of expac trial.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It’s a good expansion. And yes it’s easy to make something better than the last few. But I’ve had fun with this one and it’s kept me subbed. They have done a good job constantly release new things to keep you engaged. I will give Blizz a pat on the back for this one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

It’s a good expansion. And yes it’s easy to make something better than the last few. But I’ve had fun with this one and it’s kept me subbed. They have done a good job constantly release new things to keep you engaged. I will give Blizz a pat on the back for this one.
Its not a Legion type of expansion, though. Im not a Blizzard bandwagon hater like most people - I preordered D4 ffs. But Dragonflight is boring as fuck and.. at times .. seems like theyre trying to turn the game into some kind of saturday morning cartoon type of shit. Full of G rated material with low IQ level agenda type shit. Motherfucker, the average age of your customer isnt fucking 5. Give me fucking demons cutting peoples heads off, rampaging through Azeroth. Give me something to save. Not some fucking soy boy Dragon to play. Everyone that has testosterone in the development department has apparently left the fucking building.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Saw the ad in my email. Said free trial for the expansion, but you still need to have a current sub to use it. Who the fuck is still subbing to this shit that wouldn't have the current expac? The hell is there to do? And I can't really see too many people throwing down a month of sub just for a few days of expac trial.
If it's only for active subs then they are trying to appeal to classic players. I thought they were still in WoTLK, but there is a post on WoWhead about Cata professions. So maybe Cata classic is releasing soon (or already)?

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
After they release Cata Classic so they then spin up World of Warcraft Classic Classic? But this time go full old school and start in Alpha testing with only one race at a time playable.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Its not a Legion type of expansion, though. Im not a Blizzard bandwagon hater like most people - I preordered D4 ffs. But Dragonflight is boring as fuck and.. at times .. seems like theyre trying to turn the game into some kind of saturday morning cartoon type of shit. Full of G rated material with low IQ level agenda type shit. Motherfucker, the average age of your customer isnt fucking 5. Give me fucking demons cutting peoples heads off, rampaging through Azeroth. Give me something to save. Not some fucking soy boy Dragon to play. Everyone that has testosterone in the development department has apparently left the fucking building.
I will agree there. I am still working on it, but it has become a slog to even keep 1 toon up for me. That said, the catch up zone is fantastically easy to get caught up in once you hit 70. Forbidden reach is just frii lewtz all day long. 395/398 in all your filthy loot holes. The new cavern stuff, though, the upgrade system there is long and painful. The weekly item convert means you can just ignore the fuck out of lfr, which is nice.

A few months in I can get it up enough to log in once a day or so. Do my timewalking or heroics on the weekend, and it's fun enough to not make me hate the universe, so I can keep going for now. Probably quit for a while once Mischief hits SoF though. WOW is like pot or alcohol. EQ is still pure heroin.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
10.0 and 10.0.5 were okay. Not legion spectacular but okay somehow. The Dragonflying novelty wore off rather quick for me, idk. However 10.1. feels like they ran out of steam somehow. The raid is solid but the quest isle aka Zaralek cavern is just bland. The outdoor invasions Fyrak's assaults are a 10mins zerg/AE fest per week and that's it.

• 2Like