World of Warcraft: Current Year

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I had a person in my guild that disliked spiders bad enough that they would have used a mod to change all the spider models. I didn't know mods to edit spiders out of games was really a thing until they said something about doing it for Skyrim.

Blizzard kinda fucked themselves on this one, since they stated they would ban people that used mods to change models on the user side. Before that, people so inclined could have just used a third party mod and it would not have changed the game for anyone else.

Personally, I was sorta tempted to buy the 2 mil spider mount and knowing there were people that hated looking at it kinda added to my desire to buy it.
Yeah spider mods have been a thing for many years, very few people affected but also kinda costs nothing to swap models usually so as an option it's whatever, usually it's just modded for people who want it though. You see it especially often in ARPGs due to the point of view so the spiders end up "realistically" crawling around on your screen. I hate spiders but usually games don't cause any reaction, but then again I don't hate them to the point where I can't even kill them, I just smash them everytime I see one.

Missing arm shit while obvious pandering would actually kinda be logical, in a game where people have been in wars for most of their lives, it's surprising most of them aren't missing limbs, fingers, eyes, end up disfigured and such. I guess magic can handwave it if you assume limbs can be regrown though, in which case it becomes questionnable why anyone would have any disability(including pirates with peg legs or missing eyes which iirc have been a thing in wow for years). The fact they decided to slap that on the black woman with butch cut though is about as subtle as an elephant.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A pirate has a peg leg. The art and dev team took the extra 5 minutes to put that trope in, because someone a long time ago had the imagination to come up with it. They could have came up with something imaginative that would allow this chick to be more than a liability on the battlefield. My first thought is a shoulder or nub mounted shield with that Crest of hers on it. Or harken back to Warlords of Draenor, and have a sword or hook coming out of her nub. Just ... something. Her eye, they could have done a glass eye that has a particle effect, so you can "imagine" that it does something whether it actually does or not. Cool little shit like that. But its whatever. Complaining about women making a video game is tiring.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
A pirate has a peg leg. The art and dev team took the extra 5 minutes to put that trope in, because someone a long time ago had the imagination to come up with it. They could have came up with something imaginative that would allow this chick to be more than a liability on the battlefield. My first thought is a shoulder or nub mounted shield with that Crest of hers on it. Or harken back to Warlords of Draenor, and have a sword or hook coming out of her nub. Just ... something. Her eye, they could have done a glass eye that has a particle effect, so you can "imagine" that it does something whether it actually does or not. Cool little shit like that. But its whatever. Complaining about women making a video game is tiring.

If a world of lore with mech-gnomes who literally have mechanical limbs anyone without an arm is just a fucking faggot.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

If a world of lore with mech-gnomes who literally have mechanical limbs anyone without an arm is just a fucking faggot.
Thats a better point than my legion reference, but I completely block that race out of my mind.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Thats a better point than my legion reference, but I completely block that race out of my mind.
Let's not bring up that you can resurrect people from death, conjure arcane sustenance and cure any type of disease, but definitely need a dragon in a wheelchair.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Spend more time in therapy and less time in video games if your phobia is so bad you can’t look at pretend/whacky looking “spiders”.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
At this point my respect for Ion is growing a lot. I can not imagine how working there must be nowadays.

I mean look at this emo as a villain

1713524472936.png

Last edited:

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Is one of his boss mechanics where you have to sit still and do nothing while he reads you his bad poetry for 5 minutes?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Specially the Hero That Saves The World Multiple Times Every Two Years. You're telling me he doesn't have access to high-end restorative magic?

(the same argument as the stupid D&D Dungeon Wheelchair - dude, as an adventurer, you earn the equivalent of a Lord's yearly taxes, and you can fork enough for a high-end Cleric to restore you if no one in your party can? What's wrong with you?)

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
So apparently it is now "OP" that the human race get a 10% bonus on reputation gains? "Gamebreaking" that you have to endure chores a little bit less?

This game gets worse every "War within" news I see, I swear.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rep is shared across your account so they didn’t want players to feel obligated to run humans as their mains.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So apparently it is now "OP" that the human race get a 10% bonus on reputation gains? "Gamebreaking" that you have to endure chores a little bit less?

This game gets worse every "War within" news I see, I swear.
well depends what they replace it with, since every other human racial part has been nerfed into the ground already

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
As someone that plays just enough WoW to not miss out on whatever I want out of their current FOMO-based seasonal content model they've moved to, Human Rep Bonus _is_ the most powerful racial trait, by a landslide.

• 1Pathetic

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Really? "This guy only has to do 55 days of shitty dailies instead of 60 to get a recolor mount, a stupid toy and some blue gear from a rep vendor" is REALLY a problem? I thought it was an okay boon but well, seems I am really off

• 1Truth!

Daidraco

Really? "This guy only has to do 55 days of shitty dailies instead of 60 to get a recolor mount, a stupid toy and some blue gear from a rep vendor" is REALLY a problem? I thought it was an okay boon but well, seems I am really off
Time is money, friend.

Burns

I can't think of a worse activity in WoW than grinding rep, which was a major contributor to burnout for me. So the human racial kept me raiding with friends longer because that 10% would equate to at least a week or two of chores that I no longer had to do.