World of Warcraft: Current Year

DavivMcD

Peasant
I really wish Blizzard had raiders on their team pushing changes in more effectively like it seemed they used to. The ones now, at least CM's have no idea what they're responding with. Either saying ilevel delay wont make much difference to players (cause you know, who really has to raid on Tuesday like a ton of guilds have for the last 10 years), or the augment runes/new food are hardly being used/not that useful and only make up 1% difference.
The ilvl delay didn't really make much difference... Other than impatient raiders whining like kids who absolutely HAVE to start opening presents on Christmas Eve instead of waiting til the next morning. Guilds raiding on tuesday isn't the issue, unless there are a bunch of progression guilds out there who ONLY raid tuesdays. Besides, it was put in wednesday because that's when they had it ready, it wasn't a design choice. Would you rather they had just held it back a whole week just so it lined up with a reset?

And I thought they talked about augment runes being used by most Mythic guilds trying to push content just above their gear level, and that's more or less the intended use of the runes. The 'not that useful' and other comments were referring to 99% of the non-mythic playerbase who actually don't need them.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The ilvl delay didn't really make much difference... Other than impatient raiders whining like kids who absolutely HAVE to start opening presents on Christmas Eve instead of waiting til the next morning. Guilds raiding on tuesday isn't the issue, unless there are a bunch of progression guilds out there who ONLY raid tuesdays. Besides, it was put in wednesday because that's when they had it ready, it wasn't a design choice. Would you rather they had just held it back a whole week just so it lined up with a reset?

And I thought they talked about augment runes being used by most Mythic guilds trying to push content just above their gear level, and that's more or less the intended use of the runes. The 'not that useful' and other comments were referring to 99% of the non-mythic playerbase who actually don't need them.
I get your argument. It's not necessarily an issue regarding impatient raiders. It's raiders who have done Tuesday raiding on reset as a planned schedule for a very long time (Every raiding guild I've been in since Vanilla have started on Tuesdays. The only major exception for me was one guild in which we skipped Tuesdays when it was a patch day, knowing that servers would likely be unstable.) In my particular case, my current guild only raids on Tuesdays and Thursdays as a 2-night guild. Honestly, while I'm sure the goal was to give players some news about changes that were good and exciting, there was better ways to approach it. Perhaps announce it when you KNOW it can be pushed on the following Tuesday's reset. That way no one is really effected either way between them while giving people the excitement of Christmas as you put it, knowing it's coming up just in time for their next round progression.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
No raids because tanks and healers apparently go on spring break.

Spring break. Fuck I'm old.

PS: Bloodborne so DUN CARE

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It's been my experience that when people take a week off they decide to never want to come back
Hahaha. This is pretty close to where I am right now. Through BRF Heroic. We only raid two nights a week and I really like the guild I'm in but just might have had my fill of this expansion finally. We'll see I guess.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I went on a trip for 4 days and while I was gone I realized I don't want to bother with garrisons anymore.

Now I only really set up missions on my DK. That's about it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Most days I regret having a second character.

I'm ready to start breaking blizzard kneecaps until they remove the fucking cast time on salvage crates.

My god, imagine if mods didn't let you skip the follower mission animations.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I have like 80 pieces of crate that I know I'm gonna have to sort through and I'm dreading it. So much crap and I'm a disenchanter and have addons that clean up for me

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
Lol what is up with this board. Got a neg tuconet for asking how WoD is, because I heard people complaining on the WoW boards. Apparently that post was trolling. Lol, wth. It was an honest question.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Lol what is up with this board. Got a neg tuconet for asking how WoD is, because I heard people complaining on the WoW boards. Apparently that post was trolling. Lol, wth. It was an honest question.
People are fucking stupid, but this will only bring more!

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
It's been my experience that when people take a week off they decide to never want to come back
My week off has extended into months. The game I wound up leaving to play was Diablo 3 which wound up loosing me to Star Trek Online, a game that has a feature that predates and is strikingly similar to garrisons (not complaining, garrisons are awesome though they wound up taking up the majority of my play experience through excessive alting).

I am trying to decide if it is cancellation time again. My focus is elsewhere and I really don't have the patience for the social aspect of the game or the willingness to dedicate to raiding schedules, I am helping build a new company and managing a Relay for Life team that is currently at 4th place with membership akin to a fail guild (has 3 members, wants to raid). If I started focusing on WoW I would probably start dropping ball on the two more meaningful ventures, which is why I changed to the more mindless entertainment of D3 in the first place. With any luck I will be able to collect enough equipment to do some kind of LAN party fundraising so that I can integrate those two aspects of my life. In some strange ways fundraising has taken on aspects of WoW, I have taught myself to bake (crafting) I am captain of my own team (guild), I set up fundraisers (raiding, auction house) and have created a character to role-play as my normal demeanor is standoffish and dour (I like my privacy) and to succeed I need to be charming(bleh) because I am doing real life daily rep farming quests like baking giant cookies and a small mountain of mini banana breads for surprise delivery to local businesses.

If there is anything I have learned about Warcraft it is that I will be back eventually and there will be plenty of new content to explore when I return.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I have like 80 pieces of crate that I know I'm gonna have to sort through and I'm dreading it. So much crap and I'm a disenchanter and have addons that clean up for me
I stopped de'ing crate shit just to save time. I just open open open vendor vendor vendor. With the trading post and I just buy dust with my garrison resources.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
garrisons are awesome though they wound up taking up the majority of my play experience through excessive alting
You have an incompressible 15mn per alt per day due to doing the rounds on Garden, Mine, Salvage and the buildings.

And as Kreugen implies, if the author of Master Plan decided to shut down his add-on, Blizzard would probably lose at least 5% of its subscribers.

I should really stop bothering with the mine, because I don't really need that many Primal Spirits nowadays; my main source of Blood now comes from daily transmutes (alts with gathering profs have switched from having an enchanter hut to an alchemy one, to fuel additional Alchemy components for the daily cooldowns).
If there is anything I have learned about Warcraft it is that I will be back eventually and there will be plenty of new content to explore when I return.
Well, 6.2 isn't for quite some time...
Blizzard_sl said:
We're not quite ready yet to begin discussing changes for 6.2,...

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I am too burned out on wow to do anything other than garrison missions right now. 15-30 minutes and done for the day.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
9 is crazy for real. I have had 5 for a while, and just these past few days decided to push my shaman the rest of the way to 100. Cannoy imagine doing 9.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
When I got WoD I thought that garrisson would be fun, it sounded far more interesting than doing the stupid farm in MoP, but hey that shit only took like 1.5 (if lucky) - 3 (unlucky) minutes to plant things, fight things that, removing vines and stuff and then it was off doing dailies or something else.

Garrissons sucked even more tbh.

I just grew incredibly bored after a while and like 3 months ago I switched broadband company and got 2 Internet free days when they connected the stuff and I didnt even miss it the slightest, I have paused WoW a couple of times in the past, but it feels like this time it is a permanent goodbye.