World of Warcraft: Current Year

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder what the box sales for D3 are these days since the game is B2P only without any sub/micro in the game.
I just bought it again. I have it on PC but bought it for PS4. D3 is hands down the most fun Playstation game we have ever played as a family.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That's not even covering the amount of money they make on mounts and services which I'm sure isn't pocket change.
The only numbers I can find were those from 2013, where World of Warcraft was the #7 online game in terms of microtransactions earnings, with $220M.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
c4jt321.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's the perfect analogy for WoW's situation. They're doomed since they're only making [a minimum of] $30 million per month on sub sales instead of the $100 million they used to. That's why they doubled the size of the team, because they know it's about time to sunset the game and put it out to pasture.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, that's the perfect analogy for WoW's situation. They're doomed since they're only making [a minimum of] $30 million per month on sub sales instead of the $100 million they used to. That's why they doubled the size of the team, because they know it's about time to sunset the game and put it out to pasture.
WoW just isn't the cash cow anymore, and it's clear they aren't putting into it the amount of effort that they used to. "Doubling the team" doesn't mean fuck-all. It might actually be worse.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think they're putting in just as much effort, just choosing fucking stupid ways to do it. The shit they put out does what they're trying to do about as well as it can, they just don't seem to think through the implications of the dumb shit they've been trying to do. The leveling and raids themselves in this expansion were well done (once you managed to mangle your existing raid team into the shape of a mythic team), but the systems surrounding and buttressing them were very poorly handled.

Column_sl

shitlord
They did everything right to turn that game around. The Seasons, and getting rid of the auction house was exactly what it needed.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm really worried that Blizzcon is in 2 days and we haven't heard any big announcement spoilers. Usually by now we're getting at least some sort of "OMG DIS IS HAPPENING" bullshit from 4chan that half turns out to be true. This year? Not a fucking peep.

Sure, they whispered what the expansion is called, Illidan is back, and artifact weapons but beyond that...nothing. Demonhunters and artifact weapons are not nearly enough to get me to keep playing after WoD.

EDIT: And the only reason I'm still "playing" right now is I'm like 14 tomes away from my 2nd legendary ring and my guild is still getting together to raid but for the past 6 weeks we've been 2 short on 2 our of 3 raid days.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm really worried that Blizzcon is in 2 days and we haven't heard any big announcement spoilers. Usually by now we're getting at least some sort of "OMG DIS IS HAPPENING" bullshit from 4chan that half turns out to be true. This year? Not a fucking peep.

Sure, they whispered what the expansion is called, Illidan is back, and artifact weapons but beyond that...nothing. Demonhunters and artifact weapons are not nearly enough to get me to keep playing after WoD.

EDIT: And the only reason I'm still "playing" right now is I'm like 14 tomes away from my 2nd legendary ring and my guild is still getting together to raid but for the past 6 weeks we've been 2 short on 2 our of 3 raid days.
The fake spoiler people already shot their wad for gamescon. So here is one for you based on nothing but bullshit. Fire mages will become a melee class.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
The fake spoiler people already shot their wad for gamescon. So here is one for you based on nothing but bullshit. Fire mages will become a melee class.
Arms warriors are Blademaster, fury warrios are berserkers.
Druid class completely removed due to "too many buttons".
LFR removed and revamped into normal mode.
Mythic difficulty now 20 and 1/2 man.
New underwater zone: Ozumat's Swirling Butthole.
Old gods are back, previous deaths were not merely a setback but a carefully planned scheme for nap time.
Melee hunters lol
Ninja Rogues
Prot paladins can now wield a 2h + shield like D3 crusaders
10 new flying store mounts, also no flying in new legion zones until exactly 10 months after the expansion has launched.
Reskinned I mean revamped PvP zones. The snow has melted in Alterac and is now in Arathi...
Grom "Orc Hitler" Hellscream voted new warchief on Azeroth Prime
Naxxramas 3.0
Illidan Stormrage unlocked from eternal prison no one knew about by alternate Gul'Dan who is somehow still not part of the legion, but part of the legion
Kil'Jaeden will be an all new raid boss with all new fiery legs. I mean demon legs.
PvP will continue to lick massive african balls because they still can't just make abilities change when in pvp zones.
Path of the titans, just kidding we turned that into the all new never before seen artifact weapons! Now you too can wield the mighty Doomhammer while Green Jesus wields his very own Doomhammer at the same time! Be one of a kind when you hoist Ashbring up onto your shoulder, standing next to 10 other paladins with the exact same Ashbringer! ONE OF A KIND!
For the first time ever, resto druids get an artifact weapon that's....wait for it...wait for it.......a stick! Yes that's right! A magical never-done-before druid stick! It even has a leaf or two! Isn't that...ARTIFACTY!?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So, been poking at this again for a week or so. Gold token sub, no $$$. The new timeless stuff is aggravating. The dropped gear is BOP. Only rare stuff from naval missions is boa.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
they just don't seem to think through the implications of the dumb shit they've been trying to do.
To be fair, on paper, most of the WoD systems seemed perfectly fine. I mean, having followers being sent away to do missions and stuff for you sounds fine. Having alternate means of harvesting? Goody. A catch-up system that gives you slowly additional gear so you can improve on your raids? Good.

Then, the players did enter Draenor, and the awesome dust got brushed off... and the cracks in the house showed up.

One problem is inertia. I'm pretty sure they were aware of the problems of the garrison by launch, save maybe the no-flying riot. They already had problems, and completely neutered the "network of outposts you build over the world" concept. But even if they figure out it was going to be bad in beta, it was already too late and they couldn't paper over it until their first patch in 6.2 (why 6.2... where's the 6.1 patch btw?), where they re-introduced a push for characters harvesting, clammed on un-earned rewards, and tried to get the players back out in the wild.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If all their games are done. What is their A team even working on
Figure out what current popular game genre there is (outside of RTS, MOBA, FPS, CC, RPG and MMO since those are covered). That's what they're brainstorming on currently.

Their strategy always has been to take a popular genre, clone and put a gallon of polish, and go.

PS: I want a turn-based city-builder strategy game by Blizzard. Make it so!