World of Warcraft: Current Year

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Didn't they strip all gear/rank/currency/ect from the suspended accounts? I wouldn't imagine someone who bots would care much outside those things. I've never botted but how many of them just end up being sold to IGE and the like?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agreed. Lore is important and I love lore, but time and time again a huge chunk of the community and even blizzard themselves have said "gameplay mechanics > lore". Making groups would be chaos but it would be amazing because you'd never be out of people to do anything with. It doesn't even have to be a world thing, just instanced content, why not?
The only reason behind the segregation of alliance and horde is have a tiny motive behind their pvp, because lore wise, the two factions don't have an open war since the dawn of times (TBC era). Local conflicts or skirmishes are understandable, after all humans are involved, you can't expect peace, just like in real life, but considering that they took down together Illidan, Kil'Jaden, Arthas (and Algalon), Deathwing, a couple old Gods, a truckload of demons (twice in some cases), etc. it doesn't make fucking sense anymore, in fact it's pretty much stupid at this point.

I'd implement a system like EQ2 had: faction are separate on paper, but they can communicate, play together and even be part of the same guild, with the caveat that players could have troubles visiting the opposing faction cities and eventual guild halls or similar shared structures. You could mantain aggressive guards in all outer world outposts, because it'd create the "local situation" that can lead to open world PvP and I'm even so bold to think they could come up with a real faction system, where you can gain and lose faction EQ style, allowing players to enter the "ex-enemy" cities, but still not the world outposts, news don't travel so fast after all!.
There could be some grinding included for the dedicated, letting people obtain the title "Worldwide Bitch" once all capital cities are accessible (or something more intelligent that my lame pun attempts).

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes including the too close to the boss, early attack, and a hunter simply targeted the boss which somehow starts the encounter pulls. Valor admittedly helps a lot. About 9 hours invested total.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Yes including the too close to the boss, early attack, and a hunter simply targeted the boss which somehow starts the encounter pulls. Valor admittedly helps a lot. About 9 hours invested total.
Ah yeah. Completely forgot about the ilevel boost. Been on break for a few months. Took us close to 300 attempts and it might have been more attempts than blackhand, which was a great fight. But still going strong, on archimonde now. So you should probably get up to tyrant fairly quick.

Juvarisx

Florida
Didn't they strip all gear/rank/currency/ect from the suspended accounts? I wouldn't imagine someone who bots would care much outside those things. I've never botted but how many of them just end up being sold to IGE and the like?
We've recently taken action against a large number of World of Warcraft accounts that were found to be using third-party programs that automate gameplay, known as "bots." As a part of this action, we have removed various currencies and inventory from these accounts including, but not limited to, gold, PvP currencies, and gear. The penalty for those identified as repeat offenders has also been increased.

We're committed to providing an equal and fair playing field for everyone in World of Warcraft, and will continue to take action against those found in violation of our Terms of Use. Cheating of any form will not be tolerated.

If you believe that you've encountered a player abusing a bot, exploit, or cheat, please let us know! You can do so by using the right-click report functionality in the game, and/or by emailing information to[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */.

Recent Actions Against Botting in WoW - MMO-Champion BlueTracker

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Not sure we will ever get that because removing the faction split is a massive programming undertaking. If I could make one change to the game, remove the two factions would be it.
I'm about 99% sure this is therealreason. Hell, even the wargames thingy in battlegrounds actually gives people a (temporary) character transfer to the opposing team rather that just using some sort of debuff or whatever.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
ZppDJlE.jpg

Nightbourne are totally not drow guys.

(alternatively: Anyone need some drachnid silk?)

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
PvP still shit in this game?

Been looking for something to scratch that itch.. League isn't really doing it. Tried GW2 for a min and swtor for all of 2 days and neither stuck.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Its still battlegrounds and arena just balanced differently with state talents and gear than the last time. It's basically going to be the same shit but maybe better for the average player.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm really glad I went to see Star Wars at the midnight release. So many assholes in trade chat...

DavivMcD

Peasant
Yea like that hasn't been said... every expac.
Usually every expac they say "We'd like to fix pvp but it's completely impossible for technical reasons. Here's a shitty workaround instead."

This is the first time they've attempted any major split between pvp and pve mechanics and they're running pretty hard with the idea.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
For those of you hunting world spawns, I can't recommend the addon Cross Realm Assist enough. It's so convenient that I'm surprised its functionality hasn't been nerfed yet. It tracks what realms you've visited, when you last visited them, which groups have auto accept on, and even has a quick join if you can't be bothered to do it all manually.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
For those of you hunting world spawns, I can't recommend the addon Cross Realm Assist enough. It's so convenient that I'm surprised its functionality hasn't been nerfed yet. It tracks what realms you've visited, when you last visited them, which groups have auto accept on, and even has a quick join if you can't be bothered to do it all manually.
Holy shit I need this.