World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I check in on this thread every once in a while, and I know this similar question has been answered before, but kinda hard to search for. I want desperately to get back into an MMO, something with some kind of character progression, and EQ is my preferred choice. Problem is I don't have 4 hour blocks of time to make EQ viable, so I'm left with not much else. WoW seems the logical choice.

My only question is how gimped is someone gonna be if they missed out on the garrison gold rush? I figure there really is little time at this point to get any garrisons going at this point, and little point to do so?
Not very gimped really. For the most part to do what you need to do in the game you are supplied more cash than you need to accomplish. The gobs of cash the garrison shat out mainly helps in buying rare mounts that are nice but have no real game play impact or for me basically making WOW free to play for the last year.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was recently flagged for beta too. Not sure what the criteria was or if it's just random.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Still not in.
frown.png

However the pre-patch is now100% confirmed to be on the 19th.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I got in and it's about damn time. I've played at least a few months every year since vanilla with the same account and never got into a WoW beta until today.

Cathex_sl

shitlord
I also received an unexpected beta invite. Demon Hunter starting zone is pretty fun so far. The increased draw distance they implemented is quite noticeable as well.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wish I could get in. I want to test some profession stuff. IE can you use Garrison Hut to DE legion gear? If not, guess I need to get a alt chanter to 100 at least, since iirc the skill of a profession wont matter for Legoin. Also if I need to go mining again, since atm I am JC/BS.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If you somehow can use the garrison hut to DE legion gear now, they will definitely remove that before the expansion hits. You can't DE pre-WoD gear, and to be able to DE post-WoD gear would be a huge departure from their stated goals to have no incentive (outside of completionists) to visit the garrison after level 100.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
L O L, I got in beta as well... visions of WoD already in the DH artifact weapon quest:

You fight this turncoat DH who has the artifact warglaives and when you beat him he goes "I have no need of mortal weapons" drops them on the ground and runs away.

What the actual fuck lol

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is removing an authenticator from an account still a giant pain in the ass? Mine is locked up in storage and, while it would take probably a few days to download and I'd be too lagged to do group stuff, it'd be nice to level some alts and shit prior to Legion launch...

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Removing an authenticator from an account without having the authenticator is probably still a pain in the ass, yes. Removing an authenticator while in possession of the authenticator is as simple as verifying the code.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Actually just looked into it and they made it much easier since last I looked. Now an automated system where you upload proof of identity (driver's license, etc) and it makes a support ticket for you. Looks like I can get some shit leveled for Legion!

*edit: less than an hour to send the ticket w/ my DL and get it done.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Been playing afflic lock in beta and they are very good. Can solo pretty much everything and stay full health while doing good dmg.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Been playing afflic lock in beta and they are very good. Can solo pretty much everything and stay full health while doing good dmg.
I think someone mentioned they simplified the rotations for them. That true? I always liked the Warlock and specifically Affliction but I'm lazy with WoW and didn't like their DoT management and other shit the few times I played them at high level in WoD...

joz123

Potato del Grande
I think someone mentioned they simplified the rotations for them. That true? I always liked the Warlock and specifically Affliction but I'm lazy with WoW and didn't like their DoT management and other shit the few times I played them at high level in WoD...
Well they went back to being dot reliant again. It is a simple rotation, just keep your dots up on everything and drain life instead of drain soul. Only have seed of corruption for aoe unless you get the lvl 100 aoe dot also.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Yeah I got beta too, kinda of surprised this late into it.
IIRC they're trying to stress-test at the moment (also free PR).

I've not even bothered to check because, well: pre-expansion patch is next week, then the event and DH early access kicks off a couple of weeks after than, then the expansion a fortnight afterthat, so why bother?
biggrin.png

e: This is what I'll probably be doing!Preview: Wardrobe Updates - World of Warcraft

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been out of the game since WoD launched, but I feel like giving Legion a spin on a new class. I'm leaning towards playing a healer, since I don't want my limited playtime spent waiting on dungeon queues to pop
wink.png

I'm primarily aiming towards doing 5-man content, but would also like to step into the PvP side of the game. What would be a decent healer for that?