World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's fucking silly. I've PvP'd a lot on my paladin since 7.0 and have been loving it. Everyone being on an even playing field is all I wanted ever since TBC and it's finally happened.
But yeah, everytime I run into a lock I just run away cause I don't feel like fighting for 15 minutes.

Also, I found this sword calledOnyx Claymorethat I equipped and then noticed I've never really seen a black sword like this. Googled around and found it's a wanted xmog piece that was going for 25k on my server, WOOPS

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Before I was raiding on my laptop (Asus G73JH) and getting like 30FPS in raids on like low-med settings. I wanted to hit 144FPS to pair with my monitor but 100 is close enough for how good the game looks.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
after being away for over a year, I resubbed and pre-purchasedt legion, logged in and, I gotta tell you, I was not impressed. Maybe instead of tanking, I'll just go full derpy dps this time around

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh it is I have to hope at 110 the demon skin thing is balanced better or that thing is going to get smacked with the nerf tree. It is really lol worthy derping around and even doing nothing it takes a long time for people to even get to your health bar. Now add that you can drain life or siphon life depending on spec to throw more healing out its pretty nutty amusing at the moment. It also is why there are a zillion warlocks in pvp right now.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I've always just used that setting that forces it to a constant 60fps and it works good for me.

Needless

Toe Sucker
survival hunters are kind of ironic because they have absolutely no survivability lol

also affliction locks are way, way, way broken in pvp

lindz

#DDs
So any opinions on the best healers/tanks this XPAC?

My guess is Druid/Priest for healers.

And for tanks it will be shield tanks for progression and druid tanks for end game farming?

Just pulling this out of my ass
Druid and shaman seem pretty clearly the best right now from research on healers. There are differing opinions on the rest.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Wasn't access to Tanaan gated behind a max-level step in the legendary ring/garrison campaign? Or are you just talking about treasures in the regular WoD zones? It's been a while so I'm guessing they did away with that requirement huh?

Tanaan is gated behind a level 3 garrison and level 1 shipyard. If you really wanted to you can run or fly there on your own but that initial shipyard quest line is required to build your little town there and get the rep dailies, etc.

And yeah I was talking about picking up treasures in the regular WoD zones. They are level restricted but if you do the zones in order you won't run out of things to pickup. SMV/Frostfire are 90 req., Gorgrond 92, Talador 94, Spires 96, Nagrand 98. On my last alt I think I was close to 94 by the time I finished SMV+Frostfire. Also note that the treasure exp does tap your rested exp so you get anywhere between 10-40k per treasure depending on level of the zone and if you're rested.

Probably not as efficient as doing the bonus objective thing but it's something different that works, if you want to space out and Netflix or something while flying around leveling.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'd like a source for this too. I haven't played wow in 5 years or so but I'm retrying and boosted a DK. Having a blast playing UH.
Blizz employees on the dk discord. Decent nerf to clawing shadows. But way more obnoxious removal of deaths advance. MUH runspeed

Malkav

French Madman
Blizz employees on the dk discord. Decent nerf to clawing shadows. But way more obnoxious removal of deaths advance. MUH runspeed

I have a feeling they want to remove almost every passive run speed buffs. It's the same for hunters who feel slow as hell after the change to Cheetah (even though the ability was active and had a downside...).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I was so pissed the removed the runspeed stat from the character panel :(

At least my stealth movement speed is still +30%, for now...

lindz

#DDs
I have a feeling they want to remove almost every passive run speed buffs. It's the same for hunters who feel slow as hell after the change to Cheetah (even though the ability was active and had a downside...).

Unless you're playing a druid. Then it's all zoom.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
survival hunters are kind of ironic because they have absolutely no survivability lol

also affliction locks are way, way, way broken in pvp
A lot of the melee classes are a bit squishy at the moment enhance shaman are very much in a boat with survival hunters. Self heals in general for dps specs are a lot less than they were in general. There are a few odd cases "I am looking at you warlocks" where that is not currently the case.

At least the plus side with the new PVP stat stuff they have an easier time tweaking knobs for specific classes/specs for pvp that does not break them in pve. I think we won't see much pvp balance stuff done until the expansion goes live and everybody is mostly 110. Right now classes don't have artifacts and some that impacts a LOT power wise so as normal for the pre expansion patch there is some serious fucking weirdness in PVP at the moment.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well that sucks.

Yup, was just getting into that spec as well.

Anxious to try out the DH next week, definitely decided on melee dps (and have been enjoying UH DK & Assassin Rogue - Arms in PVP has been fun as well) but want to try the last class/spec before deciding.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im sure it has more to do with it than what I can imagine - But I think run speed buffs can make certain encounters trivial. Make PVP an obnoxious joust fest and other things. Then maybe it has something to do with the way the player "feels" in the game. Your view is turned down, your run speed is decreased. Possibly in an effort to make the player slow down and smell the butterflies. Who knows. The run speed enchant on boots in WOTLK when I used to tank all the time was downright mandatory.