World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I think world quests require skill level 100 for gathering professions and 300 for the rest.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I know it's a long shot but I'd love it if they took the scaling system they're using for invasions and somehow retroactively applied it to all of the vanilla levelling zones. Obviously it would need some tweaking, but it would be the perfect fix for the current system, where you're forced to choose between using heirlooms and levelling so fast you have to swap zones every hour or so (basically never getting a chance to finish quest lines), not not using heirlooms and levelling at snails pace.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
I know it's a long shot but I'd love it if they took the scaling system they're using for invasions and somehow retroactively applied it to all of the vanilla levelling zones. Obviously it would need some tweaking, but it would be the perfect fix for the current system, where you're forced to choose between using heirlooms and levelling so fast you have to swap zones every hour or so (basically never getting a chance to finish quest lines), not not using heirlooms and levelling at snails pace.
If they did that they would have to scale all the dungeons too, that is a ton of work for stuff that a small portion of the populace would be using.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
They already spent a bunch of (kind of wasted in my opinion) time revamping the 1-60 experience when Cata re-did the world (at least we got flying). I think they just need to reduce xp/level and move on.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, what? Everything I've seen so far said don't bother levelling profs for Legion, that you can just do them from level 1. That doesn't include the world quests?

Just to add on to this, besides the world quest requirements. Research your profession. Some have items that do still take skill. For example base on my research the +200 stat gems from JC(my profession) do take 800 skill to make. So starting legion with 1 skill or other very low might not be the best idea(which is why I have it at 700).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just to add on to this, besides the world quest requirements. Research your profession. Some have items that do still take skill. For example base on my research the +200 stat gems from JC(my profession) do take 800 skill to make. So starting legion with 1 skill or other very low might not be the best idea(which is why I have it at 700).
Where'd you go to research this? Just looking through guides?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I think world quests require skill level 100 for gathering professions and 300 for the rest.

Actually can't find any sort of info on this. I've heard it in this thread but Wowhead, etc don't seem to list the skill levels required for profession world quests. No idea what to get my skill levels to! Just gonna do 100ish gathering and 300ish for my main proff and hope that's enough...

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well shit. Even 300 might be a stretch for me with the crap gold I have on Hyjal, I only got the 500 with the boost. Might have to try to bang out a couple old raids and bump up the profs a bit before Tuesday.

Last edited:

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
If they did that they would have to scale all the dungeons too, that is a ton of work for stuff that a small portion of the populace would be using.

I don't see why they'd necessarily have to do the dungeons, the quests for them are self contained now, not linked up to external quest chains.

They already spent a bunch of (kind of wasted in my opinion) time revamping the 1-60 experience when Cata re-did the world (at least we got flying). I think they just need to reduce xp/level and move on.

I guess it's a matter of taste. I like going back and doing the old vanilla stuff on alts, especially since there's such a variation in content.

Reducing xp/level would just make the problem worse - levelling with heirlooms is already crazy fast, even without boosts/RAF/etc.

Anyway, I get that it probably won't happen, at least not anytime soon, but it'd still be cool.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Really enjoying Legion pre-patch. Pleasantly surprised by all of the class changes, a lot make sense for PVP. Might be the best PvP season since MoP if they tune down rdruids and dot damage.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Actually can't find any sort of info on this. I've heard it in this thread but Wowhead, etc don't seem to list the skill levels required for profession world quests. No idea what to get my skill levels to! Just gonna do 100ish gathering and 300ish for my main proff and hope that's enough...
Yeah I can't find any hard numbers either. World quest rewards look to be worth it, but maybe not in the grand scheme of things? Not sure.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Took too many invasions, but I finally finished off my 12th class for 100 across the board. We know when the fel shards have to be turned in by?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
A million times this! I've got over 70 reps at exalted, and almost all the green bars are full on my main Alliance warrior on Sen'jin. I can't enjoy any other characters now because the green bars are all empty.

Really wish they would just make old content reps account wide or something. Certain ones I have no desire to ever do again.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I can't find any hard numbers either. World quest rewards look to be worth it, but maybe not in the grand scheme of things? Not sure.

In terms of what? Gear?

Everything I have read and heard, say they are great for AP. The gear rewards scale with your ilvl(so higher you are the higher the rewards). Also iirc, there are a few each day that reward a box/chest from each zone's faction, where you can get the legendaries from.

As for crafting, extra source of bloods of sargeras, also they give the odd very rare resources(feltwort, brimstone etc) like once every 3 days(and I think its pretty much only way to get those materials).