World of Warcraft: Current Year

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I ended up going with a sp both bc the weapon talks to you (which gets freaky at times) and bc the play style looked fun as hell. Have to give it to bliz giving us an ability that Jacks our damage up then kills us. Out of curiosity because I haven't looked into gearing much. Is the gear for holy and shadow pretty much the same now?
SP and Disc have the exact same recommended stat priority: Int > haste > Crtical Strike > Mastery > Versatility. Holy is a little different: Int > Mastery > Critical Strike > Haste > Versatility

Malkav

French Madman
The part of the DH campaign I'm in suck donkey balls.

The quest objective is "Do these 6 order hall missions". Of course, each one is like 8 hours, and they only appear once after the other.

That's basically time gating.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes there is a bunch of stuff like the garrison campaign that is pretty heavily time gated. There is going to be a limitation to how fast people can get certain achievements/unlocks.

Malkav

French Madman
Yes there is a bunch of stuff like the garrison campaign that is pretty heavily time gated. There is going to be a limitation to how fast people can get certain achievements/unlocks.

I wouldn't have an issue with it if it was something like "do a mission, then a quick quest, then another mission" and so on. I understand why they gate that shit. But the way they did it is like "Here, wait two days."

Oh, and don't get me started on the "get Honored with the Nightfallen before we give you anything else to do in Suramar beside World Quests" quest.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It isn't much of a gate for most players because most players won't hit cap for several more days.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
By the way, was anyone surprised by the cost increase on artifact traits?

At first it goes up reasonably, by small increments. Until it gets from 1000AP/point to 6840 for the next one. I was like, WTF?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is because with the order hall over time you get multipliers that add up so you keep getting more and more AP per quest item and then over time everybody on the server gets boosts to AP gains as a catch up mechanism. This is why it is pretty doable to maintain two weapons because you start hitting points where the 13th point on one artifact costs as much as 1-12 with the other one.

Dragonaut

Molten Core Raider
This is the first time I don't buy a WoW expansion right away, but I still might get it. I'm just not sure if I want to gamble my time on it after being disappointed in the last three expansions. What's the verdict? Can anyone give a serious review at this point? Especially interested in hearing from people who quickly saw how shit WoD was, as opposed to those who just always love Blizzard games unconditionally until it becomes untenable to do so.

That's why I'm not even bothering to look at any of the game's own forums. I still remember like 70% of players voting WoD the best expansion in the game's history during the first week. Basically, can anyone tell me the things that are wrong with Legion so I can decide if I want to play despite those things?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have enjoyed everything I have seen so far really the test is how well it holds up at max level and how consistently they can add content

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dragonaut

Molten Core Raider
What about the simplification of specs? How does that look at 110? I hated it at level 100 when I gave the game a brief shot during the prepatch. Most of my characters felt like level 30 characters or something. Even factoring in the artifact, which rarely makes up for the often 10+ abilities that most specs lost, it felt primitive as fuck and there are no level 110 talents. Is there anything not immediately obvious that compensates more for this loss of depth than what was already seen during the prepatch? Like is there something unexpected that mitigates this change or are classes just massively simplified even at 110?

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Levelling a Fire Mage at the moment, Cauterizing Blink is just the most OP power ever. Got 3 ranks and then found 2 add-ons for the sword that both had it on. Now sitting at 5 ranks and getting back 25% health every 15 secs. Combined with the fire spec being death to anything that moves, and I've only died once (Fuck you Gornoth the Lost).

xzi

Mouthbreather
The part of the DH campaign I'm in suck donkey balls.

The quest objective is "Do these 6 order hall missions". Of course, each one is like 8 hours, and they only appear once after the other.

That's basically time gating.

Yeah, I think every class has those cause I am on my 3rd on my paladin right now. 3/6. Although I managed to get 2 of the missions at the same time but I don't have enough dudes to send out on missions yet to guarantee a 100%

Brikker

Trump's Staff
This is the first time I don't buy a WoW expansion right away, but I still might get it. I'm just not sure if I want to gamble my time on it after being disappointed in the last three expansions. What's the verdict? Can anyone give a serious review at this point? Especially interested in hearing from people who quickly saw how shit WoD was, as opposed to those who just always love Blizzard games unconditionally until it becomes untenable to do so.

That's why I'm not even bothering to look at any of the game's own forums. I still remember like 70% of players voting WoD the best expansion in the game's history during the first week. Basically, can anyone tell me the things that are wrong with Legion so I can decide if I want to play despite those things?

It's still WoW. If you didn't like the last 3 expacs, the safe bet is you aren't going to like this one.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Although it's not a huge deal, due to the time gating, it really pays to get alts at least as far as their Order Hall so you can login quick and do some missions, right? That seems blatantly obvious thing to help Alts along even if you don't intend on playing them right away?

Gryce

Molten Core Raider
Although it's not a huge deal, due to the time gating, it really pays to get alts at least as far as their Order Hall so you can login quick and do some missions, right? That seems blatantly obvious thing to help Alts along even if you don't intend on playing them right away?
Just keep in mind the only way to keep doing those order hall missions is to actually play the alt to get order hall resources. There aren't any passive gains like garrisons, you have to go kill stuff/do world quests etc

orcmauler

Golden Squire
I have to say that, thus far, I'm digging the expansion. I main a frost dk which, despite the doom and gloom, is doing fine in PVE and normal instances (filthy casual no bleeding edge stuff). The lore has been interesting if a bit hokey (I'm looking at you Velen).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think I might run out of quests before hitting 110. I'm in the last zone I have and have 4 of the 7 main lines done and am not quite 109 yet.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have to say that, thus far, I'm digging the expansion. I main a frost dk which, despite the doom and gloom, is doing fine in PVE and normal instances (filthy casual no bleeding edge stuff). The lore has been interesting if a bit hokey (I'm looking at you Velen).

It seems like everyone is enjoying the class changes no matter what class they play. People on the official forums are such whiners.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The last two nights the servers have taken a shit between 9-11PM EST. They say it's not a DDoS this time. Weird that the launch was literally flawless and then this.